test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

orc assault...an assault to my sense of fairness

drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
well OA will be over when i wake up and i have to say I'm disgusted with the whole deal. { know how this free to play/ pay to assist works and I've spent some real dough on this game. I really liked it but I have to say they'll never get another penny from me. with all the heal potions and ident scrolls and injury kits I bought not one **** thing dropped worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I played a long time. I had over 2000 medals which bought me almost nothing besides some pretty cool eye candy. but still just eye candy and then if you level up you have to pay to keep your better weapons transmuted.
it would have been cheaper to just buy the armored orc at the ah and a lot less wasted time that I could have spent playing fresh content and leveling.I ran this thing over 50 times and nothing worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dropped from anything. As I said I've spent a few bucks on this FTP. but hey it's PW's game but the drop rate was ridiculous. any one that ran this 50 times should have gotten the companion. I guess they hype this up so we'll blow all our ADs paying for heals and idents and then hope we'll buy some Zen to get back from this debacle. They really hyped this orc hound and told how good and cool it was come get your orc wolf they said. I checked and no where in the hype does it say "but you'll probably play the same thing over and over again for days and not get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! ENJOY!"
I was a WOW subscriber for quite awhile I have 4 sons and 2 daughters and we would all play together online but that many accounts just got to expensive so I thought this might be a good replacement and I like it a lot better. At least in WoW I knew I'd get something, a pet , a mount, a weapon maybe you wouldn't all of them but ONE of them at least would drop. This CTA BS with only one cool thing to aim for and almost NO freaking chance to get it. They should have done it that way so at least we would get something to show for our efforts. Well PW you have seen the last cent you'll see out of me. And no more wasted time on call to arms or <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that. I'll just buy it at the AH.
nad any of you that wanna call me a whiner or any other insult feel free. They need to make money and disgruntled players don't spend money. At least notr this one
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Umm wow you spent on ident scrolls and potions. You do realize that's pretty much exactly the opposite of what you are suppossed to do / need.

Make sure you read some of the ad guides here, then learn some techniques for limiting your damage. At most you should have needed a potion a run, and you should have plenty of ident scrolls from regular playing either as you level if your are leveling or from running dailies.
  • veramis1veramis1 Banned Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I estimate the droprate on CTA companions at about 5%, so doing 50 without one dropping is not uncommon. Keep in mind the price of the armored orc wolf greatly diminished when the CTA was released, going from 400k to about 40k each.

And we should keep in mind the new medallions of battle is a nice addition. In the past, these CTA transmutes were bound to character and were low-droprate just like the companions are today, but the transmutes are now bound to account, meaning you can mail them to other characters on your account and you can purchase the transmutes you want and move it around as needed. The medallions can be used for the next CTA also.

Even though cryptic ruins things with every new addition, the changes they have done to CTA have made CTA's a lot better thanb efore.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah you don't have to spend any AD/Zen on these events so not sure the complaint here. The only thing I can agree with is:
    it would have been cheaper to just buy the armored orc at the ah and a lot less wasted time that I could have spent playing fresh content and leveling

I learned that long ago.
  • krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The fact that you can do the skirmish 50 times and not get THE price (which, mind you, is not impressive AT ALL) is lame, I agree, but man, your complains are unjustified.

The event was super easy and fast to do, I pugged it in 6 to 10 minutes, depending on party, and, at worst, spent a couple of potions for no other reason than charging front thinking my mates would follow when they didn't. In the meanwhile, I got a ton of gold, a few dozens R4-R3, a decent looking axe, and enough medallions for 7 caches, of which one had the decency of dropping a Mark of Potency. So yeah, time not wasted at all, I did got a fine amount of goodies, it is just that you gotta wonder why you are trying so hard to get the wolf.
  • helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    The only thing I find weird about this CTA is how the dyepack drops every run (like most of the previous CTAs), but for the previous one it actually drops occasionally (which was good imo).

Otherwise, yea the rewards are involved with the RNG, sometimes you might get lucky with several companions in a few runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, it is random. I have gotten 3 wolves - one this time, two the first time the skirmish was run. As for the medallions of battle - well, they just pile up - I don't need them now, but I can re-use them for some future CTA - maybe to get some more dyes that I really like.

I really don't understand why you would buy ID scrolls ... it is simply not worth it to identify green items - they (at least lvl 60 green items) sell for less than the value of the id scroll, and you should get enough id scrolls as random drops to identify all your blue items.

As for spending gold on injury kits....what?!?! You simply should not need them at all for this CTA...it really doesn't matter what your level it, you simply should not die in this CTA, unless you play badly or are in a really, really bad group. Healing potions, well..some classes need them more than others, but seriously, that's one of very few things you can really spend gold on, so in's not like you are losing anything there....the gold should pile up much faster than you can spend it anyhow.

The way I see it....the CTA gives us some nice stuff, a chance to do something in 10-15 minutes with a group, and there is a small chance of a pretty decent reward...if you don't like it, don't do it - but for me it is a welcome change from what I usually do.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    drezzat wrote: »
    I really liked it but I have to say they'll never get another penny from me. with all the heal potions and ident scrolls and injury kits I bought not one **** thing dropped worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I played a long time.

Why do you ever buy id scrolls? You shouldn't. They are not worth the AD spent, even on blue items.
    As for injury kits, you shouldn't need them either unless you are doing something terribly wrong or you get into a terribly bad party (I used only one in like 20 runs and that was for an error on my part, I aggroed too many eyes of grumsh and got stunlocked with their prone spell).
    Potions, well, sometimes they are necessary. But you'd better stack some regen or life steal, it might keep your health up a bit more and make you use less potions.
  • krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Potions drop like candy anyway in CTA...like 5 per each you possibly need to use.
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    2000 medallions and 3 armored orc wolves... ID only blues and sell them (if you have the id of course).

And if you are complaining about spending money on some potions you are playing this game wrong anyway...
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    drezzat wrote: »
    not one **** thing dropped worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I played a long time.

Sorry to read this, Drezzat. But I am surprised that you seem to have had high expectations. This CTA was like the other CTAs. Tons of dyes and the elusive companion that never drops. If you play in family ("Ok kids we all play NW for one hour and at 21:00 everybody goes to bed") maybe running a dungeon will be more fun than repeatedly grinding a CTA again and again.
    Yes the kids like to get the newest and coolest mount/companion, and running a good old dungeon is unlikely to bring anything like this, but maybe by selling/salvaging all the dungeon loot then you can pool the AD and buy a cool companion/mount in AH for one kid.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I stopped "grinding" in these types of events long ago. I just buy everything off the AH now it's just not worth it for me (I do run them at least once to get any titles and to see how or if anything has changed with the CTA though - I learned my lesson with the shadow wolf CTA though it can take way more time then it's worth. I bought over 10 Orc wolf companions in the AH for less then 500k AD and I earned far more then that doing proff's, DD's etc... while the event was on so to try and "win" them just doesn't make sense for me)
  • howitzer001howitzer001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can't make everyone happy. Someone always finds a reason to complain and hate. I personally enjoyed the event and look forward to them greatly regardless of whether or not they "suck" or are tedious. It's better than the alternative which is: NO EVENT + NO REWARDS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.fusion-guild.org
    Sir Howitzer - GF | Howitzer - HR
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    what? you weren't happy with the over abundance of dye packs???
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Heh I already had an extra 40 of those dye packs from the first orc assualt cta. Not sur what Im going to do with these ones as I dont really have the room for them.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    Not sure what it has to do with fairness, but have to admit that for a green companion the drop rate was DISMAL. Lost count as to how many runs I did and am giving up on the last hour of attempts. Just plain not worth it. It's things like this that make me seriously consider skipping Call to Arms on the whole. Getting the "big item" is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot.

EDIT: And anyone who doesn't like the dye packs can send them to me. My wife and I are having great fun with them on our half-orc characters and constantly run out :-D
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    At a guess, I spent 45-60 hours on this event, but a lot of that was just to run with friends and/or to do the skirmish hour for the AD.

I won 3 of the wolves. Used 2 in addition to the one I bought last time this ran, and gave one away.

I know it's no consolation to you at this point, but I view everything in this game like.. play as long as it's fun, and if something cool drops, awesome. I always try to combine tasks so that I get something useful out of everything I do, some only barely useful, but useful none-the-less.

I set out to get a fawn during the winter event, because it was clear that I had to do x, y times to get it.
    As far as the wolves, I knew it was rng madness, so I played the CtA, had some fun, made some AD, got lots of enchants and ranked some stuff up, and wow, I got very lucky and won three wolves.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Got 1, eventually. Bought them for the rest of m'dudes, because they're cheap. Drop rate was shocking for me (but clearly ok for others), and at 40k a pop, it was easier to do it that way.

Still thought the CTA was fun, and it gave me a lot of time to practice* with my newbie CW, who now has full blues just from drops, because MAN that event dropped a lot of blues.

Plus if you pugged it, you never knew what you were going to get...which made it interesting when you got a team of level 9-16 dudes, three of whom were HRs and the fourth was afk.

*by practice I mean kill everything. Dear god CWs are overpowered
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited February 2014
    After 4k+ medallions, I finally got 1 orc wolf. Perseverance FTW! :D

Seriously, I did the CTA for fun, for the 4 chests items and for RP stones. Got loads of dyes and pots... woohoo!!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm going to shut this down on the grounds of the OP. Nonconstructive ranting, ultimatums, demands, P2W discussions, etc. Honestly, read the Rules of Conduct. Thanks.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.