test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hawkeye not working, right?

badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
edited February 2014 in The Wilds
I see the buff but I don't see any increase in numbers. With the buff on I hit for the same amounts with a very small aditional crit damage that's associated with Hawkeye in the combat log.
Post edited by badeacelrau on

Comments

• Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I see the buff but I don't see any increase in numbers. With the buff on I hit for the same amounts with a very small aditional crit damage that's associated with Hawkeye in the combat log.

That's what Hawkeye does. Add's a very small additional tick of damage. Everyone else should get a tick too, but it's utterly worthless damage even taken as a whole. The attack is decent in some situations, but the 'buff' is garbage.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2014
    Ok, thank you very much. Initially I thought it adds 10% damage for each point invested but that was for Hawk Shot. I guess for this damage it's not worth the casting time, I could squeeze an extra rapid shot.
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Even Hawk Shot is worthless imo. At maximum range it only hits for roughly the same as a Split Shot, and if they get even a half step closer the damage drops like a stone. If you have nowhere else to put the points I could see entertaining this skill for kicks, but no serious build should include this
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Second that. If it was a tremendous boost in damage it might be worth using. As is manuevering for range rather than just shooting more is a waste.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    elminster wrote: »
    Even Hawk Shot is worthless imo. At maximum range it only hits for roughly the same as a Split Shot, and if they get even a half step closer the damage drops like a stone. If you have nowhere else to put the points I could see entertaining this skill for kicks, but no serious build should include this

Yup, I'm giving myself a bit more time with the powers before I respec. Hawk Shot is useful in very select situations such as the end boss in Frozen Heart or Spellplague, just because you don't want to hit the add's which makes Rain of Arrows slightly less attractive and it makes Split Shot a non-starter. Outside of those two particular instances...not so useful at all.

The so-called 'buff' is Cryptic trolling Rangers. Even if every tick did the same damage as my tick (From Nature cap) it will still do less than firing...anything else at all. A strong sneeze would out DPS it.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    daimyo3daimyo3 Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2014
    The buff damage is +450 dmg to your next attack. Wich means a total of 2250 dmg spread among the party. Actually a single RAPID SHOT attack does more damage, so it's utterly worthless.

Hawk Shot damage is quite pathetic also, dealing less damage than the equivalent 2-secs charged Split Shot, its only reedeming quality comes from the fact that it actually follows your target, so it strikes even if the target goes behind a column or such in PvP.
    Why you should want to hit a target behind a column for just 4-5k is still debatable, and otherwise it's just a total waste of a slot anyways.
  • Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    daimyo3 wrote: »
    The buff damage is +450 dmg to your next attack. Wich means a total of 2250 dmg spread among the party. Actually a single RAPID SHOT attack does more damage, so it's utterly worthless.

Hawk Shot damage is quite pathetic also, dealing less damage than the equivalent 2-secs charged Split Shot, its only reedeming quality comes from the fact that it actually follows your target, so it strikes even if the target goes behind a column or such in PvP.
    Why you should want to hit a target behind a column for just 4-5k is still debatable, and otherwise it's just a total waste of a slot anyways.

ahahahahahaa cool
    Anyway thanks for information it can be used someday.