test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you think the next Paragon path will be?

vaerthvaerth Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Wilds
Title says it all, we have the Stormwarden already. What do you guys think will be the next Paragon path for Hunter Rangers? What would you like to see? Post away :)
Post edited by vaerth on

Comments

• Options
    nowhere64nowhere64 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    vaerth wrote: »
    Title says it all, we have the Stormwarden already. What do you guys think will be the next Paragon path for Hunter Rangers? What would you like to see? Post away :)

Something that allows us to control aggro better when we split shot in dungeons.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Tempest!

I don't know 4e paragon paths. I know 3.5. >.>
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I could possibly see Beast Stalker or Pathfinder. Beast Stalker's Pinpointing Arrow could be adapted into a stealth-detect to counter rogues and other rangers, while Pathfinder could directly transfer Cruel Recovery and convert Slasher's Mark into a stacking debuff on the target. I play v3.X so I don't know too much more about rangers in v4.0
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I am hoping for Pathfinder or Tempest. We could sure use a melee oriented paragon for those Rangers that prefer blades over bows. Perhaps module 3 will give us 2 Paragon paths! If we are lucky!
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Well whatever the new paragon path is going to be, the current ones has only awful paragon powers. Like electric shot, could steel hurrican, split the sky(not sure if it is a paragon power).
    The only decent stuff from Stormwarden is stormstep action and twin blade storm.
    So basicly the new one will outperform the current one with a chance of 90%.
  • Options
    chelseypaige78chelseypaige78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, not a fan of the stormwarden paragon myself.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Well whatever the new paragon path is going to be, the current ones has only awful paragon powers. Like electric shot, could steel hurrican, split the sky(not sure if it is a paragon power).
    The only decent stuff from Stormwarden is stormstep action and twin blade storm.
    So basicly the new one will outperform the current one with a chance of 90%.
    Split the sky is a very good power in a group. Drop it above a gwf.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Not to mention it's melee buff which when feated gives you a huge damage boost. I think someone figured something like 20% for 15 seconds on a20 second CD. That's far from worthless imo
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    elminster wrote: »
    Not to mention it's melee buff which when feated gives you a huge damage boost. I think someone figured something like 20% for 15 seconds on a20 second CD. That's far from worthless imo

Not 100% but I think it's only 20ish if feated from combat, all others it's around 10%. Still good though.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2014
    nowhere64 wrote: »
    Something that allows us to control aggro better when we split shot in dungeons.

Lol, got a problem with split shot aggro? Try using something else besides it maybe the monsters will leave you alone and go after the tank for once.

I wouldn't mind seeing arcane archer.

Edit:
    i was actually surprised that there wasn't exploding or freeze arrows with the ranger.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Not 100% but I think it's only 20ish if feated from combat, all others it's around 10%. Still good though.

actually went into preview to get a free respec to test this, its 15% unfeated and 20% feated. so its even better than expected...

what i still never get to see is the defence reduction its shows nowhere in the char sheet be it defence or damage reduction....

Btw i did also notice that aspect of the serpent adds additively with it ( and the boost is as big on 5 stacks) didnt crunch the numbers though as i was in a hurry.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I actually found something weird with aspect of the serpent, its dmg buff at rank 3 is 3% per stack so 15% at 5 stacks but when combined with feated throw caution the damage bonus was a bit higher than 40%.

20%+15% = 35% in my book... so its getting a free 5% xtra damage from somewhere and its not agile combatant as with that the damage buff was nearer 45%.
  • Options
    kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We're not likely to see Arcane Archer, that was a 3.5 elf prestige class, not a paragon path for rangers in 4th ed. It's also just archery, not blades.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    but an arcane archer could be made by combining Ranger for the attack bonus with Wizard up to third level casting. Being elf you ignored the Wizard class level when determining exp penalty and focused on leveling your arcane archer and ranger classes. In this way they maintained their melee capabilities while gaining prowess in archery
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    And an arcane archer would theoretically be possible to also enchant blades along with arrows and nature could put enchanted attacks for everyone just saying leading to attack and defense boosts.

Haven't played 4th ed. So no idea, I just remember arcane archer being my favorite is all just call it arcane ranger same stuff.

It would work quite easily with this game too I'm sure.

What is paragon if not a prestige.

Plus in ddo which imo is much worse than Neverwinter; any race could be one.

encounter could be a buff for weapons paired with the omg arcane archer shot(forgot name) or a freeze arrow. A daily could be exploding arrow for high aoe damage or the omg archershot.

Even exploding arrow could be a single target at will, it hits and explodes with small to moderate damage and it could push enemies back 3-5 feet with splash damage on them sounds fun as hell to me and much better than electric shot but at less aoe, and it would benefit es because then they'd have to rebalance it to fit.

For melee at will you could have low damage single target interrupt for .1-.3 seconds on third hit or have it act like aimed strike then you could pair those two for bleeds and interrupts.

It would actually help with keeping swarms back instead of doing nothing.

I just named all the moves without even trying; with exception to features & feats which would be easy enough since they're only 3 each; if I cared to go on.

Wouldn't imagine it would change much about the ranger mechanically, since the mechanics for most of the moves there wouldn't change with a paragon switch.

Don't think it should make much of a difference what ed its from its D&D regardless.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well it does to a point. WotC basically told everybody that if they wanted to use the forgotten realms and d&d franchise names then they had to do it in 4e rules. That means that anything added to this game had to be added with 4e lore and mechanics in mind. Without that they are in trademark violation, lawsuits, lawyers, big fines, etc, etc. You get the point. Even then Neverwinter is built in 4e so they kind of have to hold to that scenario with every module they add. Maybe they'll add a paragon path resembling Seeker, but far as I know Arcane Archer is disappointingly absent in 4e (yet another reason I hate 4e. They killed m my favorite class)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ahh, trademarking, bah grumble grumble. Guess I'll just have to develop a sense of humor or wait for multi classing if it ever happens which is doubtful.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Any Melee focused paragon would make me happy.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Introducing Arcane... Sniper!

... ok, I know, not. But hey.. worth a try.

I still am hoping for tempest. :)
  • Options
    talaindratalaindra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I play D&D and thought that the ranger would be more nature-y and stuff. I kind of want a paragon path that would let me have a second companion out as long as it's an animal. Paragon skills could focus on small buffs for them or skills that make them do an attack that they normally don't have. I got the idea while fighting the orc beastmasters and thought that "I need more options as a ranger... hey, why can't I do what that orc does and send my furry friends to tear them appart?". I've only gotten Green companions so far. So I don't know if the higher grades would break this idea.
  • Options
    caynspcaynsp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, as far as i managed to read about 4e, stormwarden is supoused to be a blade-oriented ranger paragon. If you look to parangon powers: split sky, blade storm, electric shot, stormstep action, cold steel hurricane and twin-blade storm, the most of them are blade-oriented. Blade Storm, electric shot is almost useless (unlike clear the ground), stormstep give its mayor bonus to blade combat, cold steel is melee range, and twin-blade storm seems to be designed for blades.
    My bet is future ranger paragon wil be a rogue conter.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    caynsp wrote: »
    Well, as far as i managed to read about 4e, stormwarden is supoused to be a blade-oriented ranger paragon. If you look to parangon powers: split sky, blade storm, electric shot, stormstep action, cold steel hurricane and twin-blade storm, the most of them are blade-oriented. Blade Storm, electric shot is almost useless (unlike clear the ground), stormstep give its mayor bonus to blade combat, cold steel is melee range, and twin-blade storm seems to be designed for blades.
    My bet is future ranger paragon wil be a rogue conter.

I dont see it much as a blade oriented path as much as I see it as a nature oriented path. As all the electric based attacks are nature based or increases existing damage by nature enhancements (electric).