test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RoA, drop on top of mob and yet hitting nothing. Anybody else?

teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Wilds
This doesn't happen all the time certainly but often enough that I'm asking here :) I like being in melee a fair bit so I'll drop RoA in melee range on top of said mobs head and nothing haha. If they move about sometimes it will start hitting them but other times not one tick of RoA striked the mob I dropped it @Exactly@ on top of lol.

It almost seems at times that if I drop it slightly off center of them it hits every time. If I drop it immediatly in their center it sometimes misses. Odd! Desync perhaps? If so, man would it be nice if the AoE diameter was just slightly larger. @shrugs@
Post edited by teflondon75 on

Comments

• Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    This doesn't happen all the time certainly but often enough that I'm asking here :) I like being in melee a fair bit so I'll drop RoA in melee range on top of said mobs head and nothing haha. If they move about sometimes it will start hitting them but other times not one tick of RoA striked the mob I dropped it @Exactly@ on top of lol.

It almost seems at times that if I drop it slightly off center of them it hits every time. If I drop it immediatly in their center it sometimes misses. Odd! Desync perhaps? If so, man would it be nice if the AoE diameter was just slightly larger. @shrugs@

Yes, there seems to be something wrong with it's hit detection. You can drop it dead center on a singularity and it will do no damage on occasion. Doesn't seem to be any consistent factor, but it's probably latency based given the way the servers have been behaving lately.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Only place I have seen this is testing dummies in ToB where if you are dead center it somehow wiffs. Always took it for a bug in the base size of dummies and aim off-center when testing there. Never noticed it in combat. Of course in combat there are a lot of yellow and orange numbers flying about and I might lose it in the mix if something is dancing between the rain drops. If there is in fact a dead spot in the middle bigger might be worse. Then again in melle I tend to target it on myself so I'd be in the donut hole if this is the case...
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I'd say the even more annoying part is that if you queue Rain of Arrows on a location, when it actually goes off it centers on the player no matter what. Just one more glitch.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC