test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forest Meditation / Cold Steel Hurricane

stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Wilds
Hi All,

I cant for the life of me find any use to either of these powers. I am just wondering if anyone has had any success in PVP or PVE with them.

Forest Meditation - I get its meditation but cant do anything but sit.. I guess some HP after a big fight but usually have A DC for PVE and potions and artifacts for pvp. Anyone have examples where this comes in handy?

CSH - 100% AP and its really slow and weak.. just wondering if anyone actually uses this often in a certain situation.

I am not finding any positives to these, so was just reaching out to see if someone has a different experience.

Thanks!
GShBCGl.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tajah23tajah23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited February 2014
    You should pretty much be running Ghost & Disrupting Shot most of the time. Those two are so good it almost doesn't matter what the other dailies are. Forest Meditation has some niche applications. rank 3 give 100% deflect, the Sharandar boon which deals damage on reflect has some synergy with it. (But like you said, you're just sitting there)
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    tajah23 wrote: »
    Forest Meditation has some niche applications. rank 3 give 100% deflect

No, rank two gives deflection. Rank three gives CC immunity- theoretically. Last I tried, it didn't even work properly. If you get it to rank three, you lose the rank two deflect, and just get CC immunity and regen.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    No, rank two gives deflection. Rank three gives CC immunity- theoretically. Last I tried, it didn't even work properly. If you get it to rank three, you lose the rank two deflect, and just get CC immunity and regen.

But does it really matter? since you just sit there like a dork while things hit you.. wowowowow you cant CC me but im gonna do nothing to you. I guess thats why Im asking.. sounds great on paper, but when you use it, you just feel its a waste.

And yes I know Ghost and DS are what most people run, its what I run 100% of the time, but was curious since 1 is supposed to be our premier daily =P.

okie thanks, sounds like my thoughts were confirmed.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    daimyo3daimyo3 Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I cant for the life of me find any use to either of these powers. I am just wondering if anyone has had any success in PVP or PVE with them.

Forest Meditation - I get its meditation but cant do anything but sit.. I guess some HP after a big fight but usually have A DC for PVE and potions and artifacts for pvp. Anyone have examples where this comes in handy?

CSH - 100% AP and its really slow and weak.. just wondering if anyone actually uses this often in a certain situation.

I am not finding any positives to these, so was just reaching out to see if someone has a different experience.

Thanks!

Forest Meditation is just broken. At Rank 2 it gives you 100% deflection, so you're a deflecting sitting duck. At Rank 3 it does give you CC immunity, but it removes the 100% deflection bonus, so you're a sitting duck immune to CC that will die in a few seconds of concentrated fire.

CSH is some kind of easter egg, or a joke of some sort I guess. It does less damage than a single rapid shot attack, and consumes all your AP bar. Also the supposed "snare" effect is either entirely negligible or just plain broken as I never see anyone being slowed by that purple ball.
  • Options
    roadkill68roadkill68 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Although I do have Cold Steel Hurricane, I haven't used it yet.
    After reading this, I feel I may have wasted those points.

As for Forest Meditation, I have it at Rank 2 and I'm now glad I didn't put the 3rd point into it.
    I have used it a couple of times in PvE.
    I also have the Nature's Blessing feat all the way up to rank 5, which increases the effectiveness of healing towards you by 20%.

The first time I used Forest Meditation, I had several enemies on me and the cooldown on healing potions wasn't up yet.
    True, I was just sitting there, but defected most of the incoming damage while healing myself to nearly full health.

The second time, I was in Icespire Peak and had 2 of Hrimnir's Hands on me, 4 of the next biggest guys (forget their name), 4 of the frost wolves, and at least half a dozen of the normal guys...all on me at once.
    I still can't believe I survived that battle...yeah, I know I screwed up by having that much on me.
    I couldn't use health potions fast enough...Forest Meditation saved my butt.
    It didn't deflect all of the damage, but it did heal me for more damage than I was taking, even with all of those enemies on me.

All in all, with the Nature's Blessing feat at rank 5 and Forest Meditation at Rank 2, using only 75% of Action Points, I think Forest Meditation is good to get you out of a tight spot. (in PvE)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Roadkill, Good to see an example. I guess it could be good for kiting a bunch of mobs and letting others burn the boss while you tank for a bit.. situational. I still think these 2 powers should be overhauled. But appreciate the response.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    johnnywad309johnnywad309 Member Posts: 51
    edited February 2014
    With a full bar of AP you can hit Forest Ghost and Meditation at the same time so you're stealthed and regening, but like you guys said you're still just sitting there. It can be useful in a lot of situations, but I find disruptive shot is just too good. Both for it's synergy with stormstep action and the daze. Also, its very efficient on your AP.
  • Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Do anyone know if CSH have 5 target limits ? If no then this is for PVE when CW Singularity and is maybe for Combat HR. About FM it can safe your life sometimes in dungs when someone have low GS.
  • Options
    daimyo3daimyo3 Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2014
    goldheart wrote: »
    Do anyone know if CSH have 5 target limits ? If no then this is for PVE when CW Singularity and is maybe for Combat HR. About FM it can safe your life sometimes in dungs when someone have low GS.

Many times is so buggy it doesn't even hit the enemies. Also the animation is too long, leaving you vulnerable while you perform it (even not as long as Split the Sky), and the ball is quite slow to reach its target.
  • Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes this is true but it is like RoS. So when CW get mobs on one place after MR, HR can do both and will hit all them with both skills. I cannot test it coz I haven't it.