test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forum Issues

xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
For the past couple of days no one's avatars are showing and the colors are all weird
Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
Leaving dead question marks everywhere
Post edited by xyntrynz1a on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    For the past couple of days no one's avatars are showing and the colors are all weird
    Someone reported there is a problem with google chrome also...

And to be honest I liked previous design more than the new one :( This one is so...mainstream :P
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I see the avatars as usual. Not sure what colors you mean, the in-your-face change was intentional.. sadly. I have noted that when I post a link, there is nothing to show it as such unless you mouse over, and that is annoying. When they first changed it, I could not get a text field to post in.. I opened a ticket, they told me to update flash player. I did and it fixed it. I am also running the very latest update on my browser, so that might help too. (Didn't want to update it, but had to- everytime they update it, it breaks something.)
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014

So is this a new theme?

It makes my eyes bleed
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I liked the old look, though the text didn't have enough contrast on my tablet or phone, fine on my desktop PC. The new one is more readable, but dull. Avatars are hit and miss. Mine seems to be showing up fine, as are all the ones currently on this page. Some posters are showing a line of text saying, "so and so's avatar" though.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The issues I have with the forums aren't cosmetic or functional, but to weigh in on the subject at hand, I preferred the old forums.
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    cellanoid#1655 cellanoid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Terms of Service:
    [QUOTE=Stuff no one cares about.
    [/QUOTE]
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    | <--- I hate this
    |
    | (TEXT TEXT TEXT)
    |
    ___________________________ <-- And this.

I Hate glaring white on grey, but don't mind it on black. Like the other guy above, it makes my eyes hurt. (And I run a dark theme in my browser.. haha)

I hate the cattle-chute-follow-the-rail feel of it.

Mostly I hate that it made me upgrade my browser, which in turn disabled my LMI plugin so now I have to use their horrid client for work. LOL

I think they are trying to run us off. Heheheh
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    cellanoid#1655 cellanoid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15156361&postcount=301

This is what is being done on the STO forums. The mods there haven't edited it, so I'm not sure why it's being edited here.