test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Steamroller?

troponin79troponin79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I had been following the steamroller spec since I started my GWF and loved it. It was tanky as heck, had good damage and was very PvP viable. I assume it was taken down because it became out dated?

So, my question is, what would be a similar build to that, for anyone familiar. It had great avoidance and mitigation through Bravery and Weapon Master coupled with the Sentinel feats.

Anyone able to help guide me in the right direction? I have been away for a while and when I checked the book mark, it lead to a dead forum page.
Post edited by troponin79 on

Comments

• Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    PM him in game, he'd be happy to offer you help.

As for what happened to the thread... Let's say it got political.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Time to use your brain and actually work on a build instead of being a copy cat.

If you are one of those people want everything come easy believe me you would still get beaten by good player.

Very true statement. However, even the most original people draw both inspiration and plans through lessons learnt by others to achieve value in design.

I can say that BOTH my GWF/GF are statted/configured differently than any existing build out there, but I did draw from the experiences of others to make the right choices. It doesn't make my build any better than any other, but it works for me, which is what counts most.

Point being, existing build options are great for drawing inspiration.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    troponin79troponin79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just to clarify. This game charges REAL MONEY to respec. So, for that reason, I like to use a build right off the bat. Once I have end game experience, and learn the mechanics, I'll pinpoint the play style I want and build around that. In the meantime, I would prefer to hit end game first before making decisions on how to build my own character.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    ^^^^ This, its the cost to experiment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    @troponin79... Sent you in-forum message.
  • Options
    godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Personally I'd advise for any game to start off researching and copying the best known predetermined builds. Numbers and descriptions are great, but coming into any game where you aren't quite sure how all the mechanics work aside from theory, the odds of coming up with a unique, just as viable if not better build than the ones others have worked on theirs for so long is pretty minimal. Despite stat/ability descriptions, things work differently in actuality than compared to theory.

Then, once you are comfortable with the build, make sure you understand how it works. Then start looking at other players and analyzing their builds to see what is different or what they did to make things work. Once you get to that point, then you can start experimenting and making adjustments. There is no point in trying to come into a game and create something unique from scratch when you can just pull from others who have spent a long time figuring out what works and then make changes once mechanics/other builds are understood.

That would be like trying to design a plane without looking at or having any experience with previous models/designs... it just doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    Very true statement. However, even the most original people draw both inspiration and plans through lessons learnt by others to achieve value in design.

I can say that BOTH my GWF/GF are statted/configured differently than any existing build out there, but I did draw from the experiences of others to make the right choices. It doesn't make my build any better than any other, but it works for me, which is what counts most.

Point being, existing build options are great for drawing inspiration.

Steamroller's build is no where original. All OP need to do is to find some high caliber GWF in game to ask for build, they are all pretty close.
  • Options
    facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited February 2014
    Since GWF is Gear on the most part, all u need to do is inspect a tuff one in-game.
    Its even easy to guess which feats and passives he is using when u see his stats.

...For those of u that havent seen this > << inappropriate link >>
  • Options
    itgetsalloveritgetsallover Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Steamroller's build is no where original. All OP need to do is to find some high caliber GWF in game to ask for build, they are all pretty close.

Gee, I wonder why?

You probably use a copycat build too, so why are you on the forums slamming people for asking questions? If you're not going to be helpful, hit the bricks.
  • Options
    tybrus8tybrus8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014

Slush, why even post? He did not ask your opinion. ...Anyway haters will hate. ..to the OP as others have said send steam a tell in game. I have in the past and he is a good guy. He will give you advice.
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    slush has problems
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Gee, I wonder why?

You probably use a copycat build too, so why are you on the forums slamming people for asking questions? If you're not going to be helpful, hit the bricks.

Sadly your attempt of insult has failed. I run a original build on my main and none of my other toon are geared for PVP so no I don't drop into the copy cat category. Beat it, loser.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    tybrus8 wrote: »
    Slush, why even post? He did not ask your opinion. ...Anyway haters will hate. ..to the OP as others have said send steam a tell in game. I have in the past and he is a good guy. He will give you advice.

I made a statement at my first sentence which is correct. And on my second sentence I did provide a solution for OP's need.

I don't see any of you posting a build other than putting the target on me as your daily troll attempt. Who is the pathetic people here?
  • Options
    itgetsalloveritgetsallover Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sadly your attempt of insult has failed. I run a original build on my main and none of my other toon are geared for PVP so no I don't drop into the copy cat category. Beat it, loser.

I bet your original build is super effective.
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    godlysoul1 wrote: »
    That would be like trying to design a plane without looking at or having any experience with previous models/designs... it just doesn't make sense.

That's how the first plane was designed though. -1 for bad analogy. L2History.
  • Options
    cenomxcenomx Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2014
    Steamroller has really nice stuff there... I did PM him a couple times, asking for some advice, he didnt just say "Its" or "that" is better... He even spent his time doing some math with me, went on party, looked my gear... etc, etc... Was really nice. Don't care to what haters say. He knows what he talks about.
  • Options
    notalentspaznotalentspaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    He is an excellent GWF, and has played one for a very long time, so I would assume any auto-reaction is muscle memory to him.
    This is probably what you are looking for (which will probably change with the mod 3 release).
    Gear wise:
    2 piece Titan (including chest for highest regen)
    2 piece Valiant Duelist's
    CN/MC/VT weapon set
    Berserkers Amulet of Youth
    2x Ring of Greater Repulsion
    Thickgristle's Sturdy Belt
    Gemmed Exquisite shirt & pants
    Radiant enchant for all defensive slots
    Dark (and maybe Azure) enchant for all offensive slots
    Bloodcrystal, Waters of Elah'zad artifacts - Lantern or alternative for 3rd artifact - Emblem of the Seldarine is currently the best active artifact in most cases

Race:
    Halfling or Human

Specwise:
    Something like this: http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=ixr:27s98s:1y1ghs,13il32i:1u0000:150000:1zu051&h=0&p=ivn

Powers: Bravery, Weapon Master, Sure Strike, Threatening Rush, Takedown, IBS, Frontline Surge, Indomitable Strength, Avalanche of Steel

Close/Mark with TR (or tap sprint & TR), burn dodges if needed with Sure Strike, Prone chain, & get in IBS, watch your bleeds crit, cycle unstoppable, PVP heal potion, trinket.

You should be pushing towards 40k health, over 40% crit & 40% deflect with bravery/weapon master stacks, very nice defense, & some sick regen.

Vorpal is preferred enchant, but GPF/Terror is good also. Soulforge is amazing.
  • Options
    corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    40k hp is a little high
    even if you swapped out for 2x 616hp rings instead and changed the thickgristle with frostbite (and of course have all the feats and hp boon) hp still isn't 40k.
    That's assuming you have 4x rank 10 radiant. would give you 39,850 hp. with the greater repulsion and thickgristle its down to 38,593.
    and you HAVE to have a char with +2 con, roll it max, and put 6 ability points into Con.

personally with my Halfling I go 4x radiant and 1x silvery for my defensive slots.
    46.5% deflect with bravery and weapon master stacks without any buffs