test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So when is Alchemy getting buffed?

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
This profession is truly useless. In fact, you lose money and time trying to craft a single potion at level 19 and 20. Meanwhile, level 20 leadership gives you 1600 diamonds for free.

Just take out most, if not all of the required ingredients for level 19 and 20 tasks, enable a batch potion creation (5s or 10s) and make them bind on pickup. You can make the entire profession at least a little relevant based on one potion: Distilled potions.

You can also buff the other professions using a simple change. Enable reinforced versions of all armor/weapons.
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ever tried the potion of power? That's all I craft really and I can barely keep my regia up for when it comes around as a rare task.

They go for around 3.5- 4K AD each since you can craft up to 3 thats about 12K not as good as leadership rare task but close enough I think.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think all weapon/armor crafting profession should get free transmutable weapon/armor skin task.
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Alchemy is only useful for mages (and possibly rangers ). As the profession I would like them to adopt. the Rings Forge profession.
    No sense a warrior / rogue " waste time" creating potions , since their skills and talents give much more useful dynamic buffs .

One thing that could add Alchemy is the ability Alchemist " learn potions ." For example , he is faced with a unique potion of some zone (such as Potion of Fairies of Sharandar ) or event (such as pots of color found currently in events ) , and through a special tool he could " decompose " the potion and get a new Researchs.
    This would allow a range of rare and unique potions , and also mean that not all alchemists had equal skills ( making most dynamic commerce) .
    Of course , just who is lv 20 could do it .

Another thing is that they could implement in addition to making more types of pots of colors ( the basic cash , maybe) , would add the distilled version of each of the other potions , allowing for extra buffs who those engaged .

Also , macjae .
    Your idea was good , but unfortunately does not make sense .
    Indeed this would work much better within Artificing , since theoretically it is they who " should mess with Artifacts ."
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Ever tried the potion of power? That's all I craft really and I can barely keep my regia up for when it comes around as a rare task.

They go for around 3.5- 4K AD each since you can craft up to 3 thats about 12K not as good as leadership rare task but close enough I think.

Awesome, apart from the fact you need assets for the better results, and selling/buying the aqua regia needed would give you 3k which are pretty expensive and time consuming to make. That's not to say that it can't work for those dedicated to it. But when I can get 1600 and forget about it, that's a much better option for most people.
  • Options
    maxilockheartmaxilockheart Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2014
    i think they should add more dye recipes to alchemy... i though i will be able to craft simple dyes here (not the pack, but simple color) and i figured out i can craft only class dye packs and thats all... rare crafting materials are only transmutation from another ones, nothing can be crafted at all... seems like this profession is the most useless one, sadly :/ and others would need some tuning too...
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why not adding, the actual Color dye as a rare alchemy craft and add new color to purchase with Zen ?
    It could be cool to see bright/dark blue/red/green, or Golden/Silver.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Last time I bothered empowered potions of healing were going for 1k a piece on AH. Better return than leadership, and again not rough if you are willing to manage ques.