test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon enchant for protector GF

mustikkasmustikkas Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hi guys,

I play a tank GF, and currently using a greater plaguefire enchant on weapon. Would I see more benefit by switching to something else like lightning or terror?
Post edited by mustikkas on

Comments

• slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    No you won't.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you have a GF and can't get better use out of it on another char, stick with it. It would be better on a char with more aoe, but it's awesome where it is, too.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • jdenn01jdenn01 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I personally found the flaming enchant to be extremely useful on my GF, it has the damage over time for 3 sec on hit and stacks 3 time which applies with aoe skills like enforced threat and threaten rush and pet bonus like evoker and blacksmith, with our threat passive you will get the 100% threat boost from the 3 sec fire damage and makes it easier to keep the mobs off of the ranger who spam split shot. Be a protector build this may be helpful, I am a 13.5 GS tact speced and have little trouble with threat management and can run most with little healer assistance due to good AP generation.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    GPF is the best enchant for a GF, period.

What "Holy Avenger" is to DCs, GPF is to GF's... It's just a natural choice that offers the best overall DPS for them.

Alternatives I can suggest:
    -Lightening
    -Flaming
    -Bronzewood (PVP)

Aside from ^those, nothing will ever come close to GPF as it:
    - Offers the best Aggro/threat generation you can ask for
    - Gives GF's some "bleed" from the DoT, keeping mobs on YOU
    - Debuffs everything so you and others can do more DPS
    - Gives some usefulness out of life steal to GF's
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I switch between a Terror and a Greater Bronzewood depending on the party. If I'm running newer, under geared Guildies through a DD run, I might run Bronzewood so I can boost my DPS without boosting theirs, thus helping maintain aggro. If I'm not worried about protecting them as much, I'll run terror.

I don't run plague fire for two reasons. First, I don't think it stacks, and our CW's always seem to have it on, and second, my CW uses it, so any time I can get my hands on plague fire, it goes to her.
  • yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So does plague fire stack? I have heard that it only stacks 3x so if we have a cw in the party spamming with thier GPF enchant, isn't this going to be counter productive?

I currently carry a few enchants with me, ask the party and swap in my enchant that will fit in best (on most my toons, not just my Gf)

So I am currently running a Iron Maiden build protector and spamming SOS with KV and using life drinker because the number of attacks these 2 abilities generate. Would i better served using Plauge fire (assuming the stacking issue is not in play with the cws in the party)
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So does plague fire stack? I have heard that it only stacks 3x so if we have a cw in the party spamming with thier GPF enchant, isn't this going to be counter productive?

I currently carry a few enchants with me, ask the party and swap in my enchant that will fit in best (on most my toons, not just my Gf)

So I am currently running a Iron Maiden build protector and spamming SOS with KV and using life drinker because the number of attacks these 2 abilities generate. Would i better served using Plauge fire (assuming the stacking issue is not in play with the cws in the party)

plauge fire can stack only 3 times but mostly everyone use p or g vorpals chances for u to play with someone with plauge fire are low
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    plauge fire can stack only 3 times but mostly everyone use p or g vorpals chances for u to play with someone with plauge fire are low

Correct, however I can say this: Having 2 people running GPF in a single group is actually helpful to some degree as it helps maintain 3 stacks on as many mobs as possible (which is rather difficult to maintain as a GF/GWF), allowing the group to burn things quicker. If a CW has it, use another enchant though as they can maintain it better with their AOE.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As a protector you should be less concerned with generating damage to hold threat over getting an adds attention and relying on passive threat generation to hold them. Personally lightning is the best means to accomplish this at the moment with its scatter effect. GPF seems more suited for the Conqs who do really more on damage for threat.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock