test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strange NW

ocataneoneocataneone Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello,

Let's start with this, my main caracter is curently unplayable, with my alt ican play normal. So this is what is happening when i try to enter game with my main on half of loading screen i says "server not responding" and after few sec i got "timmed out". It doesen't mater if i try to do "safe login" or "noram one" it always the same.

Can someone pls help me out.

Cheers
OctaneOnee
Post edited by ocataneone on

Comments

• doublegibsdoublegibs Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    In the launcher (Not actual game) options, there's a "Safe Mode" option, you can try enabling that before starting the game.
  • ocataneoneocataneone Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Will try now.
    edited February 2014
    Still same issuse! I can't belive this.
  • sasorassasoras Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Or select a server proxy instead of going auto, that was the one for me, when i got the error
    edited February 2014
    nothing helps... :(
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    have you tried hitting it with a hammer? threatening the computer? yelling/screaming and cursing like a madman? Submitting a ticket?
    edited February 2014
    yea all of that... it doesen't help, and who know when will they look at my ticket.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    For me the fix is just to hook up internet cable to my computer rather than wifi. Idk why but for me it always fixes it and the problem never comes back if I keep it hooked up. It comes back if I use wifi though. Also I right click the launcher and click "run as administrator" to avoid patching issues.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Change to safe mode in launcher options, log in. On the character select screen go into options then go to video tab. Change directx to directx 9 or 9c. Change all video settings to the lowest setting for each option. Save it. Then log out and shut the launcher down. Start the launcher back up, make sure it is still in safe mode and log in. Once on character select, select the character you are having a problem with and load it up.

The main reason behind server not responding is cause on demand patching is on by default so when playing the game it only downloads what is need for that zone as it streams the remainder of the game. With on demand patching off, the launcher installs the remainder of the game before you load up the game.