test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Split strike problems, causing headaches :(

diotelpdiotelp Member Posts: 115 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Wilds
So yeah, i am guessing my split strike is bugged or maybe its due to my pc or whatever... anytime i use it my screen zooms in and out really quick, after playing a skirmish and playing mainly melee i have a headache... :(

Is this normal?
I did a little search so i'm guessing its not supposed to zoom in and out, any ideas on what could fix it or why its happening?
Post edited by diotelp on

Comments

• Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've never noticed this myself. I'd check your video setting when maintenance ends, maybe there's a setting in the advanced options ...
  • Options
    jarebla1051jarebla1051 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2014
    I'll say your vid card, and not an educated guess.

Are all the settings at max? downloaded current driver updates?
    "One Riot, One Ranger" **

Deuce HR L 60 Archer Build+Melee
    Bow Expert
    Blade Proficient

(**Motto of the Texas Rangers, 1823-Present. Dept. of Public Services, State of Texas)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    My video card isn't very good, and don't have the money to upgrade, its NVIDIA geforce gt620, it can play the game, its just this one skill is messing with my head... i play on low settings mainly, there might be a medium in texture quality though.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nah it's nothing to do with your card. This is software behavior, so it's in the software that you need to look. It would be very specific too. This isn't a texture setting or AA modifier. It will say something like "dynamic animation" or "zoom/focus target lock"; something along those lines. It's probably not going to be obvious either. Most of the settings are pretty cryptic, courtesy of Cryptic's pro tooltips.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    elminster wrote: »
    Nah it's nothing to do with your card. This is software behavior, so it's in the software that you need to look. It would be very specific too. This isn't a texture setting or AA modifier. It will say something like "dynamic animation" or "zoom/focus target lock"; something along those lines. It's probably not going to be obvious either. Most of the settings are pretty cryptic, courtesy of Cryptic's pro tooltips.

Are you saying i should look around in the game files?
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wonder if this is related to when I am standing in the shrine and some ranger who has nothing to do with anything my character is doing activates some power and my own screen zooms in and out for a second or two. That's annoying- no one else's powers should affect my zoom, unless they are in party, dungeon (etc), or pvp with me.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    No I'm saying you should log in, hit esc, go to settings, go to graphics settings, open the advanced menu and look around. If there's a setting causing this it would be in there. When I get home I can play with this a little more, but since I'm at work this is the best I can do for you
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    elminster wrote: »
    No I'm saying you should log in, hit esc, go to settings, go to graphics settings, open the advanced menu and look around. If there's a setting causing this it would be in there. When I get home I can play with this a little more, but since I'm at work this is the best I can do for you

Ah thank you, come to think of it, i remember there being an option in advanced for character animations, i do remember that i turned it off as i saw no difference whatsoever, **** maintenance... need to check this haha

Thank you all for your help so far, i have also submitted a ticket and will try some things out in game, if i cant find a fix lets hope PWE can help me.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ok so, nothing i do in game changes it :(
  • Options
    zolronzolron Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    diotelp wrote: »
    Ok so, nothing i do in game changes it :(

Have you changed the default Field Of View? This happens on my CW when i cast certain spells ( Chill Strike) as I prefer to play with a Wider FOV from default, and it always resets for a sec to the default FOV and thus it appears to 'zoom' in temporarily .
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    zolron wrote: »
    Have you changed the default Field Of View? This happens on my CW when i cast certain spells ( Chill Strike) as I prefer to play with a Wider FOV from default, and it always resets for a sec to the default FOV and thus it appears to 'zoom' in temporarily .

I just tried it and i found that i just zooms in further... omg :(
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you so much for contacting us. I do apologize if this is skill is giving you a headache.

Upon further checking and testing on different hunter rangers here, we've seen that zooming in and out is a part of that skill. Split Strike Quickly dash forward, striking enemies in front of you making it zoom in and zoom out.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we want you to know that we regularly compile this information and forward it to the developers to help improve our games for our players satisfaction.

Again, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience.
    Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

So apparently... i just cant use that skill :(
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    diotelp wrote: »
    So apparently... i just cant use that skill :(

You'll be glad to know that HR has a lot of other skills to use besides just Split Shot.

You may be less glad to know that posting dev communications like that is actually considered a breach of confidentiality and thus a rules violation.