test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sword Coast Adventures Victory/Defeat Stuck Bug

cloudzer037cloudzer037 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi All,

SCA is stuck for me for a couple of weeks now. Redirected to here after raising a support ticket and receiving a generic reply. My original bug was reflected in this set of images.

33pfpqt.jpg
3024849.png
vhs4df.png
ejg86w.png

So I will be stuck above, unable to exit from that point. The 2 empty companion slots were originally the Followers of *** characters, which the system automatically assigned to me.
Post edited by cloudzer037 on

Comments

• cloudzer037cloudzer037 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Then I had the dumb idea of completing the adventure, to see if the system will release me. Which leads me to being stuck in this loop now.

2rr4gzr.png
    kchs95.png

So yup I am creating this bug report, hopefully the techs or mods will see this. The latest patch released on the 16th seem to indicate some form of fix for the stuck die problem but I am not even able to click on the help button, so not sure how applicable it is for me.
  • ludorgludorg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    After being stuck with that bug, I'm now stucked with the one described above :( No luck :(
    edited January 2014
    Join the club... It will be at least a few weeks before the next patch (If the next patch can fix this) comes out, so resign yourself to not playing SCA for a few weeks...
    edited February 2014
    Usually, no news is good news...
    Any new information about this endless loop in SCA ?
    edited February 2014
    Sadly, no updates. Im gona say something to the mods here while I still have the frame of mind.

Hi dear moderator,

can you kindly bring a message to the developers/maintenance team to help fix this problem? It is not a serious problem, probably just a row of malformed data in the database which our accounts query for every time we go to SCA. All they need to do is to find the character ID (Aor SkullSplitter@cloudzer037 for my case), then proceed to the table which stores the SCA data and delete the row for my character (By following said character ID above) that is creating the problem.

If they revert by saying that they cant find said row, give them these 2 big hints. The character data for the 3rd and 4th slots should be NULL, which is what is creating this problem because the code probably cannot handle NULL character slots when attempting to send an update query to 'close' the adventure.

In case you think all these are bull**** from a random user, I am a software developer and I know what I am talking about. The above are what I think the game backend setup is like, but the developers should know what I am talking about. So dear moderator, could you please bring this to their attention? Seen 3 patches come and go with no mention on this subject. Thank you.
    edited February 2014
    If they revert by saying that they cant find said row, give them these 2 big hints. The character data for the 3rd and 4th slots should be NULL, which is what is creating this problem because the code probably cannot handle NULL character slots when attempting to send an update query to 'close' the adventure.

The third last slots are also empty in my case. Only one is filled. My character ID is 'Donn Loyalar@ludorg'.
    Hope this help...
    edited February 2014
    Yet another week has gone by, another patch has come and gone...

Still no news on this issue... Dear moderators, would you guys at least give us a reply on this issue?
    edited February 2014
    Yet another week has gone by, another patch has come and gone...

Still no news on this issue... Dear moderators, would you guys at least give us a reply on this issue?

That's weird, it was fixed for me...
    I can now play SCA.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i'm sorry you've been having this issue, however we, the forum moderators, do not have direct access to the developers. this sub-forum exists to report bugs and the developers do read the forums. alternately, the community manager reads the forums and will provide the devs with information when there are major issues afoot.

the devs usually will not respond to these threads unless they need more info. these issues are then prioritized based on internal procedure.

if your issue is not resolved, you may also submit an in-game bug report, however there are no guarantees that it's going to make the reported issue get resolved any faster.

this isn't to discourage anyone from submitting bug reports. it is merely to set your expectations that bug fixes can take some time depending on severity, the ability for them to replicate/pin point the problems, and how they prioritize these issues based on internal processes.

thanks!
    edited February 2014
    Hi melodywhr,

Thank you for replying. It is quite reassuring to know that our words were reaching someone and were not lost in cyberspace, no sarcasm intended.

Yes I understand that it depends on the developer's own schedules and priorities but having someone like yourself post here would put worried users like me at ease that someone is aware of the problem even if it wont 'make it' to the developers.

I initially created a bug report using perfect world's bug reporting feature and was directed here by the helpful support staff, sarcasm intended. So unless you are talking about somewhere else, I fail to see a better alternative than posting here and hoping fervently that the issue is noticed.

Perhaps what you said is true, that a developer or the manager reads this forum because like Ludorg above I am now able to play SCA as well. So maybe they made the change in the latest patch but did not deem it major enough to put it in the patch release notes.