test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New foundry quest inspired by Terry Goodkinds Sword of Truth..

reichlynreichlyn Member Posts: 35
edited February 2014 in The Foundry
please give it a shot and review. All advice and criticism is welcome.
Post edited by reichlyn on

Comments

• Options
    manplowmanplow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can we have a code or a title?
    Warrior Nation. Always recruiting. Check us out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Like a snow plow, but for people.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    reichlyn wrote: »
    please give it a shot and review. All advice and criticism is welcome.

Let me help you with that..

Wizards First rule: Chapter 1 - NW-DKLAB5YEN

I have to admit that I am not the biggest Terry Goodkind fan but I think I got as far as 'Blood of the Fold' before I gave up. Don't worry though, I won't judge your foundry quest based on that. I will run through it later.

On another note you may like to try the author David Gemmell, another fantasy author, if you have not already that is.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    This is a pretty good start though a little short.

I would worry that people who have not read the book, or at least watched the series would be a little confused. The written parts could really do with a grammar check and you still had Orc and Ogre on the gars.

I thought the costumes were very good. And the map was OK. Their was some floating objects though.

I have to be honest and say I didn't much like the twist with Terry Goodkind. In my own opinion a simple retelling of the story would be better. The player could even take the place of Richard. This would also be better for people that have not read the book.

Overall a decent start but still needs some work.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    antonkyle wrote: »
    This is a pretty good start though a little short.

I would worry that people who have not read the book, or at least watched the series would be a little confused. The written parts could really do with a grammar check and you still had Orc and Ogre on the gars.

I thought the costumes were very good. And the map was OK. Their was some floating objects though.

I have to be honest and say I didn't much like the twist with Terry Goodkind. In my own opinion a simple retelling of the story would be better. The player could even take the place of Richard. This would also be better for people that have not read the book.

Overall a decent start but still needs some work.

I see what you mean about the story with Goodkind, but I honestly made this more for myself and any other fan thats read ALL of the books that might play this game and see it. Only if you've read the books would you understand my reasoning for doing it this way and you would understand more of the subtle things I say. Thats what Im going for. I realize it wont please anyone who hasnt read the books, but thats okay with me. Ill look into the fixes though. Im not too worried about grammar unless its something badly off. Yeah, it was my first go and I got alittle impatient I think. Im starting chapter 2, going to take this one slower and be more focused on the errors and such
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    That's fair enough. Most of the grammar mistakes were just missing apostrophe's in words like I'll, there were a few and I think one sentence started with and.

I would try getting my Mrs to play through it, she's a fan of Goodkind. Unfortunately She really does not like Neverwinter, I can't even get her to play my own quest's any longer. I'll still mention it though.

Another author you may like is Raymond E. Feist.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    antonkyle wrote: »
    That's fair enough. Most of the grammar mistakes were just missing apostrophe's in words like I'll, there were a few and I think one sentence started with and.

I would try getting my Mrs to play through it, she's a fan of Goodkind. Unfortunately She really does not like Neverwinter, I can't even get her to play my own quest's any longer. I'll still mention it though.

Another author you may like is Raymond E. Feist.

If your wife has read through them all, 11 books, I think she would get a kick out of the quest.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Actually, in total there is 11 books just of the main first story. Then theres Law of Nines (which ties into the others somehow, we dont know yet) and his newest 2 books of the next story in the series are Omen Machine and The Third Kingdom. Plus theres a prequel book that ties into them all called First Confessor. Great stories