test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

please need cn last boss guide for dc

oriyellow8oriyellow8 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Temple
please only exp player make some guide to last boss cn - draco - killing. im doing cn with lots of dc and in draco dc have some good help to party . not all know how to use their spells in last boss as i think its little different from usually playing. if any exp player can make some comment on last boss killing i think will be very helpful. thnxs
Post edited by oriyellow8 on

Comments

• trith1128trith1128 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I did CN on my rogue a lot. The DC's would mostly hang back with the CW's on crowd control. Either killing them outright, or knocking them off the edge. I image.. keep healing word up on whom ever is on Draco... and Astral Seal down around you and the CW's who will have all the adds on them. Maybe use a Divine "sunburst" now and again to assist in knocking mobs off the sides?! Can't hurt... ( This is all of course if nothing has changed in CN over the last 2 months ) Your last slot depending how OP your group members are.. could be Divine Glow to help DPS down the boss.. or Forgemasters Flame (divine mode) to help healing around the boss or even on Elite adds.. Just my 2cps.
    Dr.Real Good : Sun Elf-Annointed Champion :
    Trith : Fury Soulbinder :
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2014
    I'm a DO DC using the High Prophet set for the debuff. I run with Astral Shield, Sunburst and either Forgemaster's Flame or Divine Glow (depends on the group). Around 13k GS and still using a variation on Unspecified's build.

I put the circle where it's needed (could be to the side or on the boss, a little offset). Divine Glow or FF on the boss if someone's getting low. For the rest, it's just keeping an eye on Red Wizards and sunburst them to the boss if a sing missed picking it up, so the general boss AOE will kill them.

HTH.
  • scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    A lot depends on your CW(s). Astral Shield is still recommended. As stated above, Sunburst can be useful for knocking red wizards into range of CWs Singularity. Try to keep Astral Shield fairly central for everyone but obviously put it down where it's needed. Astral Seal on the boss (best to spam this until you see it crit and then leave it until it runs out). If your party need heals (ie low on life steal) then Healing Word can be good to keep them topped up (use Divine Fortune passive if you use this). Overall though these days I feel it's best to just help control and speed things up. High Prophet set is very good for the debuff. I keep Astral Shield on my bar. Rogue will generally be fine on boss with Astral Seal and life steal but keep an eye on his health anyway. If someone needs emergency healing (ie if they don't dodge draco aoe or a hand) I use Soothing Light. Mainly though, I use Divine Glow (on both Draco and mobs that the CW is pulling into the center with Singularity) and then either Sunburst or Chains of Blazing Light. Chains is particularly useful if there's only one CW, for the extra crowd control. CW should singularity mobs centrally (ie on boss basically), then as they get pulled up you can pop down chains, then use Divine Glow as they land (which you should also be covering draco with) ready for your CW to fire a shard into them. AoE damage is king here (cws/gwf) and you can boost it significantly with DG. This holds true for the whole dungeon in fact. I don't bother with Astral Shield on trash, preferring feated Daunting Light instead. That plus Divine Glow and Sunburst/Chains + good CW(S) means your group will tear through everything super fast. Bosses though, Astral Shield is recommended for the damage reduction from the inevitable add party.
    Obviously, some groups need more help and you may have to go full heal/mitigation on even trash.

Anyway, here's a an example of a Draco fight I did the other night. Only one CW in this one. Vid is from CWs PoV. You can see Icy Terrain is used and also Rogue uses Smoke Bomb. Hope it helps you and your group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGJhy5Q85u8
  • eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    hallowed ground will make the dps-freaks happy
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I usually use DG/AS/SB on draco now (DO paragorn path), as long as the CW's can keep themselves alive I don't have much need for HW. As people have said you just throw DG on draco every time and preferably cast it from divine as much as posible. If the CW's are use the sing's to properly group mobs on top of draco you can time your DG's to debuff the mob packs too which is great. The more mele the better this skill becomes too since you can buff more of the party's dmg, although usually most runs end up being at least 3 CW's but I've done some 2x GWF or TR or a mix of them and DG really shines there.
    In terms of play and rotation basically use DG for the debuff on Draco, use it from divine as much as posbile and make sure to hit your mele with it, otherwise your wasting a divine pip. Try and use it to debuff draco and the mob packs at the same time. I place AS in front/slightly scewed to the side of Draco almost every time. Seems to make things the easiest for the CW's and any other range that's with you, plus it allows mele to slide over into the edge of the AS circle if they need to. Cast from divine when needed and just throw down the non divine version when not so that you can pump your divine pips into casting DG. SB as often as CD is up for maxing it's potential, not only for healing but also for AP/DP gain and in my case sharing Foresight and Linked Spirit (so try to hit as many party members as posible with each cast) You can also use it to knock any lose mobs towards Draco/into a Singularity if you need to. I use feated HG so I just drop that every time the CD is up and bam plenty of DR along with the dmg buff and more passive healing. I run Holy Fervor if I'm using DG so I can drop HG really fast, If I have to run HW I'll almost always run Divine Fortune also.
    Up until Draco, clearing trash, and the first 3 bosses I almost exclusively use DG/AS/SB unless the party is just terrible or so overgeared they don't even need healing. In that case I throw HW back in or whatever I need to keep the party up and for the real high end parties I drop AS and use searing light. Most people would probably use daunting light but I for whatever reason forgot to take that power in my last spec so I make do with Searing Light, which in CN at least may actually be even better. It doesn't hit for as much but it can hit 20 mobs at once. The amount of 10k+ numbers on a critical searing light I throw into a singularity is just amazing. The thing is the CW's I like to run with tend to get into the mega pulls, so even when they're really geared they tend to prefer to have me run AS and just pull larget mob groups at once.
    I happen to use MH set, CN weps, Rank 7's etc. 14k GS currently
  • resintokeresintoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2014
    Plenty of people here willing to write paragraphs about how to beat Draco, so i'll spare you the wall of text and simply link you a video of my group killing Draco last night, 15k DC POV. Hope it helps, and GL on the hardest boss in the game!

http://www.twitch.tv/colinsoup/c/3698464
    Check out my Twitch stream & video highlights!!
    <Four Twenty> is recruiting! Apply by registering on our website!
    Check out my cleric guides, notes, and discussions!!

5563438nSKoR.png
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Blue circle good, red circle bad.

Master that you would be golden.