test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter Ranger stuck going one direction

dynkydynky Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Frequently while playing a hunter ranger the character seems to get stuck going in one direction. The only way to fix this appears to be relogging, which can be a real pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when you are running a dungeon or GG.

I've seen others mention this problem, buried in other topics but no real responses. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a workaround? Any ideas, help, tips??
Post edited by dynky on

Comments

• nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Reset all keybinds to default, close the game, restart the game.

That should work - normally related to a faulty keybind
  • dynkydynky Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, tried that and the bug continues to happen (as an FYI, no changes have ever been made to the keybinds). Seems to occur after using an encounter or at-will power and then having to quickly dash out of a red circle. The only resolution as I said is to completely restart the game. Which as I stated above, is a real pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when doing dungeons or GG.

Help please.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Check in your windows options if you have sticky keys or similar enabled.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Are you sure you are not accidentally pressing T?

That or there is a keybind to make your character continue to move in a certain direction. I forget what it is but I used to misclick it back in the early days of the game. I haven't done it for an age and a half though so I forgot what could cause that.

However pressing the key which sends you in the opposite direction should resolve it.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I seem to recall some earlier similar problems occurred when a joystick or maybe an unconfigured xbox controller was plugged in?
  • wykddwykdd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am a trickster rogue, and I cannot move without dodge-rolling. I have tried hitting T, resetting the (unchanged) keybinds and exiting then logging back in, even reinstalling the game.. but no help forthcoming.

Anyone have a fix for the bug where your character cannot move without dodge-rolling?