test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seals of the Lion

crimsoncscrimsoncs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Greens of the same level with sockets are better than anything you can get with Seals of the Lion. Kind of disappointing. :(
Post edited by crimsoncs on

Comments

• Options
    chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ignore the seals till you start getting unicorn and drake one's (lvl 60) those will be worthwhile, otherwise, keep them for now.
  • Options
    crimsoncscrimsoncs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is there something else that you can do with them later?
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    not yet but who knows? They might implement a trade up system or alternate rewards in the future.
  • Options
    vehementinaconvehementinacon Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    Ignore the seals till you start getting unicorn and drake one's (lvl 60) those will be worthwhile, otherwise, keep them for now.

You say that but in all honesty all the seals are nearly useless. By the time you get enough of X you end up either out leveling it or out gearing what it can get you. At least the level 60 ones can get ya some AD.
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2014
    You say that but in all honesty all the seals are nearly useless. By the time you get enough of X you end up either out leveling it or out gearing what it can get you. At least the level 60 ones can get ya some AD.

I think all of the seal items should have a 0 transmute cost. Some of it looks really good, but still lacks stats to make the time/reward worth it.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    yea I'd agree with the idea of ignoring all the seals until you have unicorn or drake seals. Unicorn seals are pretty easy to get since you can run 2-3 epic Cloak Towers during the DD event and make a bunch of unicorn seals really fast and maybe a few drake seals. From there you can either use the seals to buy some cheap epic items to replace your green and blue items until you get better stuff or buy some cheap epic ornaments for your companions or at the very least, buy cheap epic rings and salvage them for rough astral diamonds.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There are a couple of Manticore and Pegasus seal items that are useful for some classes, but otherwise I don't bother with them at all.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »
    I think all of the seal items should have a 0 transmute cost. Some of it looks really good, but still lacks stats to make the time/reward worth it.

I like it.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Pretty much this. The only useful are Drake seals because you can buy a companion and rings (that are usually very expensive on AH) and even one or two armor pieces. After you get all of those, however, they are only good for salvage.
  • Options
    cartivacartiva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I take the seals. Buy the gear that can be sold to vendor for highest gold. Buy greater healing potions. Sell them on AH for ADs.
    Keira Taletreader 60 GF 13.9 GS
    Erdan Loreweaver 60 CW 11.3 GS
    Mika Hawklight 60 DC 11.5 GS
    Rukia Stealthfoot 60 TR 11.5 GS
    Ka D'Argo 60 HR 13.7 GS
    Ivan Ironfist 60 GWF 11.6 GS
  • Options
    hrodvalderhrodvalder Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cartiva wrote: »
    I take the seals. Buy the gear that can be sold to vendor for highest gold. Buy greater healing potions. Sell them on AH for ADs.

It's sad that this is the only usefull thing you can do with stuff you could (technically) spend hours of farming on.

I have seen one Ring for the HR (Blue) which is usefull. Gives like 400 Crit or something. Other than that, only good for getting gold...
  • Options
    cartivacartiva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hrodvalder wrote: »
    It's sad that this is the only usefull thing you can do with stuff you could (technically) spend hours of farming on.

I have seen one Ring for the HR (Blue) which is usefull. Gives like 400 Crit or something. Other than that, only good for getting gold...

Yes it is sad. By the time you have enough seals without heavy farming. Are high enough level to use them the drops are better gear. I spend all ardent coins on drake seals from the start so buy lvl 60 you can buy drake rings and stuff.
    Keira Taletreader 60 GF 13.9 GS
    Erdan Loreweaver 60 CW 11.3 GS
    Mika Hawklight 60 DC 11.5 GS
    Rukia Stealthfoot 60 TR 11.5 GS
    Ka D'Argo 60 HR 13.7 GS
    Ivan Ironfist 60 GWF 11.6 GS
  • Options
    jormunrekjormunrek Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    They might implement a trade up system or alternate rewards in the future.

I wish they would do this. Even if it's a 4=1 4=1 4=1 etc...
    This would cause you to need a billion lion seals to equal one unicorn but at least we can do something with them.
    Or maybe make them account bound so you can pawn them off on lowbie alts.
    Or both. =)

Jorm
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Like others have said there are some nice looking items available from the various seal shops , whats even better is that they offer a very unique look since hardly anybody even looks at the gear they trade but as always the idiotically high Transmute costs makes this option a no go for the average player .