test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are the best set-weaps right now?

midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Thieves' Den
I havent played neverwinter for 1 month+ so, are still Swashbuckler set - CN weaps best gear?
Post edited by midnightita on

Comments

• Options
    jinadujinadu Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2014
    Dread Legion has similar stats to CN weapon set but with armour pen
    Fabled Fomorian Weapon set is best for DPS, only because it has the most crit
    But my personal favourite would have to be Fallen Dragon set, same as fomorian but with less crit and more life steal + recovery.

Personally I think Fallen Dragon is the best.
  • Options
    thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you are using Swashbucking Captain Set, you will get more recovery than you'll ever need, so Fabled Fomorian for Me !!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thrufu wrote: »
    If you are using Swashbucking Captain Set, you will get more recovery than you'll ever need, so Fabled Fomorian for Me !!

True... but its really easy to reach the soft cap with crit so extra life steal for survivability from FD blades + it looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> xD
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    jinadu wrote: »
    Dread Legion has similar stats to CN weapon set but with armour pen
    Fabled Fomorian Weapon set is best for DPS, only because it has the most crit
    But my personal favourite would have to be Fallen Dragon set, same as fomorian but with less crit and more life steal + recovery.

Personally I think Fallen Dragon is the best.

I agree.
    I am working hard to get my Weaponsmithing up so I can craft the Main Weapon from the Fallen Dragon set.
    I do have the Off Hand already

For Armor and Rogues, it's hard to go wrong with the Skulker set, but these things will be changing a little when the PvP update comes along.
    So it depends if you are mainly a PVE or PvP player.

I am curious how they are going to add Tenacity to the existing stuff. THe news says all existing armor will get the new stat added.
    That would be awesome if it make the Skulker set viable while you work to gain the new set.
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Skulker set is (unless it changed since last week) not going to be affected by tenacity. The PVP scavenger set will get tenacity. They're adding more sets with the new stat, but the current GG sets are going to be PVE focused.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Well it's a good thing I have 25,000 glory and just need something to spend it on
    :D
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    I agree.
    I am working hard to get my Weaponsmithing up so I can craft the Main Weapon from the Fallen Dragon set.
    I do have the Off Hand already

For Armor and Rogues, it's hard to go wrong with the Skulker set, but these things will be changing a little when the PvP update comes along.
    So it depends if you are mainly a PVE or PvP player.

I am curious how they are going to add Tenacity to the existing stuff. THe news says all existing armor will get the new stat added.
    That would be awesome if it make the Skulker set viable while you work to gain the new set.

I wouldn't use skulkers for PVE... You'll be missing out on a lot of power. Its not too hard to reach the soft cap for armour pen if you put eldritch and darks in your ioun stone. Plus, you cant go wrong with full swashbucklers for a t2 set unless your using t2.5
  • Options
    nanners#9564 nanners Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can trade ur current skulker for the new version with tenacity at trade of blades
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    True... but its really easy to reach the soft cap with crit so extra life steal for survivability from FD blades + it looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> xD

My fomorian looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with the Tiefling trasmute.
    15mmcrb.png

About the Critical cap, is it still true that the bests is 2000 base and +750 for each vorpal rank ?
    4250 for a greater vorpal ?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thrufu wrote: »
    My fomorian looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with the Tiefling trasmute.
    15mmcrb.png

About the Critical cap, is it still true that the bests is 2000 base and +750 for each vorpal rank ?
    4250 for a greater vorpal ?

If you have that much you have way too much crit... you can drop that by like 1000 and put that into power or armour pen if needed.
    I have 50.4% chance to crit with no buffs at around 3500+ crit strike and that all comes from gear/feats no enchants at all.
    Plus im drow so I get a lil extra dex on my ability score. If your over 3500 crit as a rogue and you havnt hit 50% your overstacking.
    At the same time, if you've hit 50% chance already and your over 3500 crit your still overstacking... Diminishing returns have kicked in by this point.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If you have that much you have way too much crit... you can drop that by like 1000 and put that into power or armour pen if needed.
    I have 50.4% chance to crit with no buffs at around 3500+ crit strike and that all comes from gear/feats no enchants at all.
    Plus im drow so I get a lil extra dex on my ability score. If your over 3500 crit as a rogue and you havnt hit 50% your overstacking.
    At the same time, if you've hit 50% chance already and your over 3500 crit your still overstacking... Diminishing returns have kicked in by this point.

I have 50.5% with 3577 Critical and with campfire bonus i have 51.9%.(26 Dexterity)

Diminishing returns is one side of the coin and the other side is if you have more critical severity you benefit by having more critical chance, so whats the meeting point between the diminishing returns from critical chance overstack and the benefits of higher critical severity ?

I'm a half-orc so i have the base 75%+5%(racial)+38%(vorpal)+feats.

I was asking about the 2000+750 for each vorpal rank because thats what solsol1337 a classic rogue wrote in his guide Metzli's Dungeon DPS Guide and in other posts after that.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014

While i agree that going past 3.3-3.5k crit is hitting sever diminishing returns and would never recomend someone below 14k + augment to stack further, once you are past those gs levels uve already hit ur caps on everything esential and have decent power i do think it is pretty viable option to overstack crit if u want to stack more offense because power just scales horribly on us trs.

So lets say u already have including swash set bonus some 6k power, 2500 arp, 3k rec and u already have Greater vorpal or better then probably overstacking 500-700 points in crit is probably going to give u better dps than those 500-700 in power due to all the severity we can get and how little power affects us.

a 2% crit chance gain can be pretty big on dps if ur rocking past 200% severity (best case scenario).
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    While i agree that going past 3.3-3.5k crit is hitting sever diminishing returns and would never recomend someone below 14k + augment to stack further, once you are past those gs levels uve already hit ur caps on everything esential and have decent power i do think it is pretty viable option to overstack crit if u want to stack more offense because power just scales horribly on us trs.

So lets say u already have including swash set bonus some 6k power, 2500 arp, 3k rec and u already have Greater vorpal or better then probably overstacking 500-700 points in crit is probably going to give u better dps than those 500-700 in power due to all the severity we can get and how little power affects us.

a 2% crit chance gain can be pretty big on dps if ur rocking past 200% severity (best case scenario).

dunno man... I think I have about 50.4% crit chance without any buffs at around 3500+ as mentioned before, my arpen is soft capped so I put the rest into power... I think recovery is quite overrated, If you know your rotations and time them well, recovery shouldn't be much of a problem... I use Half Dread Legion/Half Fabled illiyanbruen and dumped all my enchants into power (radiants) so at 16.4k GS Im rocking 8k power, 3500+ crit, 2600 arpen and 1600 recovery and it works wonders for me in all dungeons.

Additionally, I don't see the loss in recovery from full swash a big thing because I use tactics, +15% AP gain has my daily up every 1.5 group of mobs pulled.

Power not effecting rogue much I would like to hear more about it... can you elaborate?