test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vorpal vs Lightning

sleep4eversleep4ever Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
I'm a GWF. Everyone swears up and down that vorpal is the god enchantment. I ran the numbers on excel, and I'm wondering if I've left out an aspect.

Lesser
Base DMG---Crit---Severity---Lightning----Total DPS
Vorpal
37%---1.02
Lightning----10000
37%----0.9

Normal
Vorpal
37%
Lightning---1000
37%

Greater
Vorpal
37%---1.28
Lightning---10000
37% ---0.9

Perfect
Vorpal
37%----1.4
Lightning
10000----37%

With these numbers, lightning always performs better until you have over 41% critical with a perfect vorpal; about 48% for a greater, 51% for normal, and about 65% for lesser.
Post edited by sleep4ever on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Few things with it.
    Deep gash is always a crit, this means that it helps every bleed tick.

Lightning can pull mobs you don't want. If you are fighting the last mob of a pack and there is another pack you don't have to fight the lightning can chain over to the second group.

This second reason is the reason I won't use lightning anymore. The damage is good but you can't control some of it, and pulling things you don't want means you're a hinderance to your team at that point.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love my perfect lightning in GF, i love to just pull everything and be a walking singularity :D

The damage is nice, too.
  • Options
    eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    highest fraction of gwf's damage comes from deep gash and the vorpal is the best enchantment to amplify it.
    about your problem for crit %, it can easily be covered by weapon master stacks
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lightning is the best pve enchant for con focused gwf while vorpal for dex
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Few things with it.
    Deep gash is always a crit, this means that it helps every bleed tick.

Lightning can pull mobs you don't want. If you are fighting the last mob of a pack and there is another pack you don't have to fight the lightning can chain over to the second group.

This second reason is the reason I won't use lightning anymore. The damage is good but you can't control some of it, and pulling things you don't want means you're a hinderance to your team at that point.

no it is not alaway crtic if is so then my wicked strike bleeds would 1.4k not only 630+ with my perfect voarpal and 7,2k power
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    no it is not alaway crtic if is so then my wicked strike bleeds would 1.4k not only 630+ with my perfect voarpal and 7,2k power

Please look into how dots work, if it comes from a crit it's always a crit in neverwinter. Check your combat log closer for more proof.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Please look into how dots work, if it comes from a crit it's always a crit in neverwinter. Check your combat log closer for more proof.

combat log is usless it is not crtic man my perfect vorpal did not improve bleeds it is still the same 630+ like it used to be with greater
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    This isn't mine it's from stox, please take a look and stop spouting false information.

Gq6Uu1Y.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    This isn't mine it's from stox, please take a look and stop spouting false information.

Gq6Uu1Y.jpg

how so then that on my wicked first proc procs 1700+ damage and other 4 proc some 700?if it crtic all the time why then all 5 ticks are not 1.7k not just the first one?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    1) Get ACT running and a log file saved for it if that's true.
    2) Bug Report it.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    how so then that on my wicked first proc procs 1700+ damage and other 4 proc some 700?if it crtic all the time why then all 5 ticks are not 1.7k not just the first one?

Because deep gash deals initial damage based on damage of ability that activated it.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Except the damage from lightning is based on your weapon damage and not the damage of the attack so all of this is wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ya lightning is meh, vorpal is op

lots of enchants needs a buff
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    eton3000 wrote: »
    ya lightning is meh, vorpal is op

lots of enchants needs a buff

And vorpal a nerf.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for all the information. The Deep Gash aspect definitely changes things.

Warpet, when I strike a dummy with a crit, Deep Gash hits all crits as well.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how my deep gash arrives at that damage amount. 3700 power x 15% = 555. 555*1.9 severity = 1054. My Deep Gash always hits for 2k-2.5k. What's the formula for this?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Except the damage from lightning is based on your weapon damage and not the damage of the attack so all of this is wrong.

Do you know this as fact?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The DPS charts are certainly the best way to tell things. Where can I find that information myself?

Another thing I'm finding with Deep Gash is that when Sure Strike hits 2 criticals in a row, the new Deep Gash doesn't stack.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    sleep4ever wrote: »

It's so. Every weapon deal with x% of his weapon damage and not skill damage.
    Else show please a combat log in which it does more than the weapon damage(including debuffs).
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    sleep4ever wrote: »
    Yes? Did you even read the tooltip? Also, the damage from enchants does not crit.
    Critical Hit! Your Spinning Strike deals 3731 (3162) Physical to High Priestess Syndryth.
    Your Lightning Weapon deals 168 (153) Lightning to High Priestess Syndryth.
    Critical Hit! Your Deep Gash deals 785 (665) Physical to High Priestess Syndryth.
    Your Spinning Strike deals 1874 (1579) Physical to Blademaster.
    Your Lightning Weapon deals 195 (165) Lightning to Blademaster.
    Your Health Steal gives 20 Hit Points to you.
    Critical Hit! Your Spinning Strike deals 3137 (2889) Physical to Blademaster.
    Your Lightning Weapon deals 164 (151) Lightning to Blademaster.
    Critical Hit! Your Deep Gash deals 722 (665) Physical to Blademaster.

And there is a bug that makes the extra lightning arcs not benefit from your armor penetration so they deal reduced damage.
    I also wish they would reduce the range of the arcs by half.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    dont waste AD for lightning :)
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    why would you want them to reduce the arc range on lightning??

You choose lightning to hold aggro and the range of the arcs hitting things outside of your normal hit range is what gives you that aggro.

If you just wanna do damage then use a vorpal like everyone else.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    why would you want them to reduce the arc range on lightning??
    Becasue it's detrimental to its usefulness? It doesn't need to be 50-60 feet.
    And I don't know who you play with, but the damage from those arcs is nowhere near enough to maintain aggro on anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Becasue it's detrimental to its usefulness? It doesn't need to be 50-60 feet.
    And I don't know who you play with, but the damage from those arcs is nowhere near enough to maintain aggro on anything.

Exactly, it shooting across the map (how it feels at times) and aggroing mobs that you didn't have to fight and didn't want to fight is why I will no longer use one on any toon. It does more harm than good.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've used P.Vopral and P.Lightning alternatly throughout the past few weeks... Really depends on my mood. lol

Though inthefade462 has the right of it. If you want pure DPS go Vorpal, if ya want to generate aggro better (even if it pulls a few extra adds) then run Lightning.

Lightning has much better visuals though! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif