test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is GF good at?

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Militia Barracks
My main is a gloaming cut semi perma stealth rogue, but I want to try my luck at a more tanky character, many people say GWF is much better than GF in almost every way, but everyone and their mother have a GWF, I would prefer a class that is played by less people and that is more focused on defense than offense, I think the GF might be better for that.
But I want to know what GF's are good at, I'm no expert at all on them. what are they needed for? both in pvp and pve.
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Gfs excel in pve at gs minimums. In an 8.5k avg gs group you are going to want a gf. At that level they are tankier than anything else and their dmg isn't so far behind everyone else that, with their innate threat abilities and bonuses, they can both hold aggro and tank, so they basically control the flow of fights.

After that though it kinda falls apart for them.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That doesn't sounds too good actually XD what about pvp?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    That doesn't sounds too good actually XD what about pvp?

gf prone lock ppl till they die
    edited February 2014
    Mmmh, that's interesting.
    And conceptually which of the two, GF or GWF, is closer to a barbarian? I mean skills, visuals, etc..
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the GWF is the barbarian, at least the 3e one.
    edited February 2014
    Ah I see, well then I guess I'll just go GWF too XD
    thanks a lot for the replies!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Barbarian enuff for u ?

skrin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brcubbrcub Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They're good at taking combat advantage damage.

Other classes can sprint, dodge, evade, roll or teleport away, GFs can only raise their shields making them sluggish and take full combat advantage damage from behind... This is the reason they top damage taken charts.
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2014
    obviously, you've all never really done gf that much or used skills that don't just prone, not gonna bother explaining in detail what i mean as already you are set in your ways.

gwfs are only really good at protecting them selves GFs can protect everyone.

and a good gf knows when, how long, and where to place its shield and doesn't let others take their back and can dodge simply by walking unlike everyone else we aren't always required to attack or block; block is the gf's dodge.

and even an IV GWF gets almost all its strength from GF so its not even gwf is better you're welcome.
  • badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2014
    and even an IV GWF gets almost all its strength from GF so its not even gwf is better you're welcome.
    Lol at this. No matter what was before, now both Iron Vanguard and Swordmaster belong to Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon fighter in exactly equal parts. Do you think GF is some kind of paladin, while GWF is a barbarian? No dude, both names are taken from 4e handbook, FIGHTER section. They are 'guidelines' for building a different taste of this FIGHTER class (other two are the brawler and two-wielder). Both Swordmaster and Guardian fighter are Paragon Paths taken from 4e and belonging to the FIGHTER. I think GWF ends in FIGHTER...
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2014
    ha ha no **** sherlock it was a jest anyways chill. not a curse btw just put stars there for emphasis.

anyway like i said people are so stuck with the damage it does no one thinks about the damage they prevent which i believe is the point of a tank.

Edit: Plus I believe to have two weapon fighter they'd need to make it a new class anyway and its doubtful that this will happen any time soon probably 6 months or more; like we need more fighters for people to whine about, lol.

and aren't you the writer of ranger the balecrau effect or what ever that thread was wrong just saying'