test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto Loot option

azzidinazzidin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Please add an auto loot toggle option.

Specifically, when enabled if you walk over loot, it auto picks it up.
I'm tired of doing the F spam dance over loot that requires me to actively pick it up

This option would allow folks to F spam dance, OR just walk over it.

PLEASE, MY F KEY BEGS YOU!

Tks!
Post edited by azzidin on

Comments

• megendramegendra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    +1 for that dude...
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It would be a neat option. But you'll also need to do inventory maintenance three times more often that you might be doing right now. There's always a trade-off.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It would be a neat option. But you'll also need to do inventory maintenance three times more often that you might be doing right now. There's always a trade-off.

That is a price I will happily pay.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A few other MMO's I played had your pet run about and collect all the lootz , I would love my Moogle to run about picking all the goodies up xD
  • allself44allself44 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    whats up with green gear dropping in epic dungeons? Green gear is next to worthless for high level 60 characters.
    Shining on the stupidity of it all, in all its glory
    Was going with that for sig, but changed my mind. Or did I?
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    allself44 wrote: »
    whats up with green gear dropping in epic dungeons? Green gear is next to worthless for high level 60 characters.

What makes Green drops worse in epic dungeons is when you have a party member who feels the desperate need to pick up every single drop just as the party engages in a huge fight , great job blocking half the screen sport ...... -.-
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Rearrange your HUD so the loot results display over the mini-map.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • gosuchanggosuchang Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It would also be awesome if the auto-loot can be customised, to pick up say, only blue gear, enchants, or whatever.
  • tangodiotangodio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2014
    pass for me... no need to add a tool that any gold bot farmer would like nothing to have...
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would like to see some utility pets - like a pack mule companion that gave you more storage space, or little trained monkey that would go around and pick up items for you.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • thecorpserthecorpser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think it would be murder in dungeons. Having need or greed pop up on everything.
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As I have posted before in another thread,
    I would love a pick up pet.
    Especially due to the loot explosion you get,
    stuff can fly and land anywhere.
    Takes ages at times running about to pick it all up.
    Then some is hard to get to/out of normal reach etc etc.
    When trying to pick stuff up you can get attacked etc.

So I definitely would vote for this.
    A little cute bunny, with a backpack on for example,
    would be my first choice and I would even pay zen for it, if required.
    You could make it, so you could set it to pick up all, or only blues or greens and blues etc.

It would make life simpler and allow folks to get on with the fighting,
    instead of running about, trying to decide should I pick this up and keep it or not ?

So I would vote for this 100% :cool:

• flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd love an auto-loot option, but it needs to be customizable so that it doesn't pick up various types of loots, or so you can have it auto-turn-off in groups, or so on.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • dranddrand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would love to see this happen.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gosuchang2 wrote: »
    It would also be awesome if the auto-loot can be customised, to pick up say, only blue gear, enchants, or whatever.

Auto-loot would be nice but this sounds like the best option really.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Yeah.

Pick Up:

Enchants: Y
    Crafting ingredients: Y
    Blues: Y
    Greens: N
    LOCKBOXES OMG LOCKBOXES: N
  • daermon888daermon888 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ......LOCKBOXES OMG LOCKBOXES: N

this is so funny lol nice one with a Capital N :)
  • gosuchanggosuchang Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've thought about it further and i think they should implement these 3 things:

1. Auto pickup toggle for non-roll-able items: like gold (already is), potions, seals, kits, altars, and the rest of the white stuff. Not sure about you guys, but I do use these consumables frequently and would appreciate this improvement in quality of life. Possibility of implementing a new stat like pick-up radius in Diablo 3 to complement this/

2. Auto roll toggle for roll-able items: your greens, blues, epics, enchants, stuff you wanna fight for. It's quite irritating that halfway during a dungeon fight and someone starts picking up stuff, and you have to make a quick decision to roll need/greed/pass. Some of us could have a use for a auto-pass for all greens, the greedy ones could use a auto-need for everything etc. Basically, each of us already have a decision matrix in mind when it comes to rolling for items. So let rolling become programmable, and you can focus on the fights, rather than deciding if u wanna pass on a green when fighting a boss.

Not to mention, pressing shift+1 might unintentionally make our characters dodge, using up stamina (my fingers are wonky like that)

3. All-Greed option for party leaders: Not quite sure if this is implemented in the game already, but current greed runs in my experience are based on a honour system, where all party members promise to greed on everything. Let's just take the ambiguity out of this, and let the party leader set the dungeon run as all-greed when queuing. Members will have a peace of mind knowing that nobody will ninja-loot that vorpal shard, and this ties well with the auto-roll option in #2. Since it's all-greed, there's no need to press shift+2 all the time. Just let the computer do the rolling and you, the fighting.

These implementations should be optional to use (thus the toggle), so we don't have to force it on everyone to use.

And don't worry about botting, they should already have these features.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Always like the auto-loot pet. Itll show up as a zen item though Im sure. Price you pay for convenience I suppose.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Always like the auto-loot pet. Itll show up as a zen item though Im sure. Price you pay for convenience I suppose.

This is how I foresee it as well - pay for convenience and all that.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums