test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't finish "Filial Villainy" quest

hasnulzhzhasnulzhz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
It seem that I can't finish this quest since the last book stuck inside the wall. Please fix it.
Post edited by hasnulzhz on

Comments

• Options
    krobsiennakrobsienna Member Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    Same here on same quest. One of the journals sparkles as it should but mousing over it doesn't pop up the "press F to pick" thing.
    This is as of January 25, 2014 at 2:00am.
  • Options
    parkingspotparkingspot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same here. Book's stuck in the wall and not interact-able.
  • Options
    cfnxhaelcfnxhael Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same me to i cant finish my quest.Last Book is stuck in the wall.
  • Options
    ilhan00ilhan00 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I also have the same problem
  • Options
    fablok123fablok123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having the exact same problem. Can't pick up the last book. Partly in wall/floor, no "F" option. Please Fix. Thank you.
  • Options
    bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    same here...switched instances and still no joy
  • Options
    themanwithaplanthemanwithaplan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same, just joined a lot of people conglomerated in front of the last journal without being able to get it. This needs to get fixed fast.
  • Options
    razguul22razguul22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same with me. Pls fix it.
  • Options
    funeralfrosttfuneralfrostt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same here. Checked location 3 times within a day and still nothing. Always saw 2-3 people jumping around this point.
  • Options
    scathine1scathine1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same with me. I saw some people jumping around too. I checked it couple of times. How long we have to wait for fixing this problem?
  • Options
    vengefulfuryvengefulfury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep the book isn't there, i posted a bug as well xD

bugquest_zpsec1f55cf.jpg
  • Options
    tlabordetlaborde Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bump. submitted the bug in-game too.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks all! We have a fix in the works for this, and appreciate the reports!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    filipejfleaderfilipejfleader Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm waiting the fix for this bug. I will receive a good weapon when I finish it hahah.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    If you stand really close to the book, facing it, and type:

/interactincludevolume

..then it will work. It sometimes takes a couple of tries to get it, I had to stand with the char's feet almost touching the kerb before it would work, but it did allow me to finish the quest.
  • Options
    chiholder3chiholder3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Very frustrating, I wasn't able to complete the quest for the same reason, the last journal is not available in the spot located even though the sparkles indicating it is there says it should be.

After failing to complete the quest, I stood there and watched no fewer than eight more people having the same problem.

An obvious and frustrating bug which I hope will be corrected with one of those frequent patches I am notified of when I log on.
  • Options
    ezekial001ezekial001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have been Sitting in the /zone chat for 7 days now trying to spam and help constantly after looking into this and finding the value for the item has a negative set value (meaning it is located under the stair for some reason) I have been spamming this as follows

If having trouble with the journal, Stand on the ground infront of the journal (stand on step 1 infront of journal) Step 2 has the journal on it, now place your marker on step 3 above the journal and type /interactincludevolume

This has worked 100% of the time and I feel the need to Stay in this area until this bug is fixed I have finished the area of quests and am now just sitting there "spamming" this when people ask about it or I notice a large influx of visitors in the area. I do not seek anything just know this was annoying for me when I first found the issue and when I found how to get around it (the value for the command by pressing f on an item is /interact and the psudo of /interactincludevalue was just a little step from that after messing around for a while. I have helped a great number of people and I love doing it. If I have offended anyone and or made their gameplay unbearable by doing this for the past 7 days I apologize and I wish you the best of luck but I will continue to sit in the zone as much as I possibly can and give out the information I found.

It has been brought to my attention that I might not have found this idea first but I checked the forums before I went snooping and saw no solutions to this and after I solved the issue for myself I just stayed in zone instead of coming here until now as people have suggested I do alot today. So I will continue to be in the zone helping people with this quest and hope it will be solved soon (I wanna quest and level ^_^)

Have fun always,
    Liakeze
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    If you stand really close to the book, facing it, and type:

/interactincludevolume

..then it will work. It sometimes takes a couple of tries to get it, I had to stand with the char's feet almost touching the kerb before it would work, but it did allow me to finish the quest.

Confirmed, this worked on my first try, thanks dude