test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some Ideas for NW

darkfuriusdarkfurius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
In my previous post I just throw in the air something that was running in my mind but I have to admit that I didn't elaborate it very well. Now I got some time to do so.
I may ask you please if you have something to add, read the full post and keep in a constructive way.
OPEN WORLD MAP
Yes the huge and wide world of Faer
Post edited by darkfurius on

Comments

• darkfuriusdarkfurius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tried to post it full by it does not allows me. I just wonder why...
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    darkfurius wrote: »
    I tried to post it full by it does not allows me. I just wonder why...

The U with a umlaut. The forums doesn't like special characters so stopped there.
    edited February 2014
    In my previous post I just throw in the air something that was running in my mind but I have to admit that I didn't elaborate it very well. Now I got some time to do so.
    I may ask you please if you have something to add, read the full post and keep in a constructive way.

OPEN WORLD MAP
    Yes the huge and wide world of Faerun is available to explore. The mountains, forests, lakes, caves, stronghold, castles and all that the greatest Faerun can offer are available to explore. Players can access the map from any location by the main gate, for example, if you are in the protector's enclave and you click on gate icon "to world map" you will be spotted at the Faerun's map outside the Neverwinter city gate. The map is huge (epic mount will be helpful for sure) and the possibility to find a new dungeon, resources and mobs are unlimited. This area will be level 60 but it can be accessed by any level (no reason to restrict it, your funeral), huge area with mobs can be very good for events. One thing in particular in Faerun is that always changes, yes the dungeon's spot, cave, resources are randomly changed, this makes exploring important. This map also allows PvP, not full PvP where you can attack anybody or be attacked by anyone in the map, there also rules that prevent a mess. Since the game is not a full RvR and other MMOs who does a full RvR got some serious problems with balance between the factions (Not mentioning Delzun and Luskan in Gauntryn), this area will allow guild vs. guild pvp.

PVP IN WORLD MAP
    The PvP will happen when a guild declare war against another. By the command /declarewar <guildname>, the master of the guild will send a war invitation to the other guild leader, this last one can accept or deny, the invitation will show name of the guild, leader and guild rank. Only guilds in war will be able to do PvP in the map, once in the war when you kill a foe your guild acquires guild points, when you die to a foe, your guild loss guild points. The guild points are important to increase the guild rank, with higher ranks the guild can dominate large strongholds and castles (guild realm). The guild ranks can be lowered by successive loss of guild points in a war. The war will remain for one week, there are no scores so your guild will acquire guild points only for player's kill. A guild can declare war to more than one guild if the leader desires. Note that the war will only work in the world map, in another stances everybody will be green again.

GUILD REALM
    The guild rank defines the guild's valor and it's also important to establish a realm. The realms can be a tiny or huge depending in what place the guild will choose and what is the rank of the guild. The realm if is not taken by any guild will be inhabited by mobs level 65, once they are vanished, the realm will become the guild's realm. Now the guild have special gifts by owning a realm like rouge astral diamonds and guild points per day. The realm must be defended if another guild find this realm and declare a raid. To declare a raid, the guild leader of the attacker team must select a day and hour previously determinate by de guild leader owner of the realm. There will be a battle between the guilds, the attacker will try to destroy a crystal inside the realm while the owners will defend the crystal until the time runs out. If the guild members of the owner guild didn't show on the raid, the realm will belong to the attacker's guild.

Here some examples of realms:
    edited February 2014
    Here some examples of realms:
    Realm level 1 - Tiny places like houses or camps, can be acquired by guilds rank 1.
    Realm level 2 - Small places, caves and hideouts, can be acquired by guilds rank 2.
    Realm level 3 - Medium places like outposts, can be acquired by guilds rank 3
    Realm level 4 - Large places like strongholds, villages, can be acquired by guilds rank 4
    Realm level 5 - Very Large, castles, can be acquired by guilds rank 5.

DUNGEONS MADE BY PLAYERS
    Well since nobody likes foundry because there are no epic drops on it, players making dungeons with tier 1 and tier 2 drops would be very nice. These dungeons will be available on the world map in a random location, so, when you are traveling with our friends and find a cave, you might consider get inside and discover a new dungeon. The fun in all of this is that is never the same spot, never the same dungeon, it keeps changing with the map's dynamics.
    Basically, that is what I was thinking.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For a wide variety of reasons, I have very sincere doubts that this suggestion will ever be considered.

Not saying it's a bad idea; I like it a lot, & would love to see it happen. But I've a feeling that this suggestion is asking for Neverwinter to be turned into a "real" MMO, when it's simply not & likely never will be.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • frontsidebluntfrontsideblunt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love open world PvP. I like all of the above examples. I would also like to see a dueling option in this open world map.

PLEASE PUT DUELING IN THE GAME, NW!!!!!
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    until the devs put some effort into pvp and at least TRY and balance it it will remain the joke that it is.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd love an open world, it's what I most miss when playing Neverwinter.
    That said I hardly think this will ever happen.
    The could at least add some zones to conect the main ones, even if they don't have quests or anything, just random enemies and nice maps.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited February 2014
    flayedawg wrote: »
    For a wide variety of reasons, I have very sincere doubts that this suggestion will ever be considered.

Not saying it's a bad idea; I like it a lot, & would love to see it happen. But I've a feeling that this suggestion is asking for Neverwinter to be turned into a "real" MMO, when it's simply not & likely never will be.

I still have some hope because isn't a hard thing to do actually, I think this could be considered on an expansion.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Open world will never happen. The game's architecture appears to be instanced, and since that's the case it would take a rewrite of the engine to make it open world.
    edited February 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Open world will never happen. The game's architecture appears to be instanced, and since that's the case it would take a rewrite of the engine to make it open world.

It is stanced to avoid a large group of players in a small place but since you have a large map that will not be a problem, the engine can support that, even some games that have a bad and laggy engine have huge areas. I just don't know how big this map will be.