test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ioun Stone of Allure

nowhere64nowhere64 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
Before investing money and time in this (rather other ioun or maybe cat), is the "slow" proc ability on this pet worthwhile? In practice, how long does it last, and how much of a "slow" is it?

And if it is any good, would it be worth upgrading to purple?
Post edited by nowhere64 on

Comments

• Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I would never consider getting the ioun stone for the slow. The passive bonus is (I suspect) deliberately crappy because everything else about the stone is awesome.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    is the best companion of the game, slightly ahead of the cat, no other companion is worth in endgame content.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I see it proc often enough. Does it help anything? No. But the other benefits outweigh the less than dazzling active bonus. Get an augment because it augments, get the best of the others (relative to your char) for the active bonuses. Not trying to be a wise-guy.. that's just what works for me on all my chars.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    frarii wrote: »
    is the best companion of the game, slightly ahead of the cat, no other companion is worth in endgame content.

The best stat companion (Stone of Allure/Might or Cat) tends to depend on the class of your character. I'd definitely say that currently the Stone of Allure is usually the best value though.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ioun stone proc does not work
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ok. Then mobs just occasionally slow in combat for reasons unknown to me. Since I saw it many times, and had activated no other powers that slow or snare, I assumed it was my stone.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I seem to recall the epic (level 30,k 10% chance) slow is bugged, whereas the generic blue slow (7%) procs just fine.

I could be remembering incorrectly, of course (and I don't have the money to make my blue into a purp...hahaha o god no).
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I searched for it in bug reports and the only thing I found on it said the same, Morsitans. As far as I'm concerned it works on my blue stone. The fact is, my enemies are (rarely, granted) getting slowed, and I don't have any other power that does that (on my cleric.) Apart from that, I really could care less if it works or not. I don't need it, and it is no consideration at all as to whether or not I use the stone.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I seem to recall the epic (level 30, 10% chance) slow is bugged, whereas the generic blue slow (7%) procs just fine.

I could be remembering incorrectly, of course (and I don't have the money to make my blue into a purp...hahaha o god no).