test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Renegade Illusionist

arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I for one wasn't expecting to much out of a freebie companion but, I got to say the Renegade Illusionist is probably one of my favorite companions now. I give approval to the Devs because even though some people say combat companions aren't as good as augmented companions the way this guy attacks looks, well, really cool. I feel like I have Super Saiyan following me around lol.

Rene_zps19f47d7a.jpg

It makes me want to see an Illusionist class now. If you haven't got him through the Arc event I highly recommend it. You can use him on all of your alts if you do it.
Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
Post edited by arcmoon99 on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    He's pretty good! Doesn't die that often, does respectable damage for a companion. My only issue is this constant "waaaarrrggghhhh" in combat. GJ Cryptic.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree - I was running with this companion to level him up to 20 and he seemed surprisingly good. The fact that he is free account-bound green companion is fantastic...
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "What is real? What is an illusion?"
    Best Sword Coast Adventures voice clip among my companions.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I agree with everything above , the first time I saw him do that Mirror image attack my jaw dropped lol , I was like why can't my CW's skills look as cool as that xD
    I'd love to see what his lvl 30 skill is like but alas 1.25 million cost means it'll never happen for me D:
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow, I seriously want him to shout "HADOKUN!" now when he shoots that. :p
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wonder if that's a sneaky way to preview how Warlocks might work/look... First thing I thought of seeing that Purple Laser Beam of doom. ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wonder if that's a sneaky way to preview how Warlocks might work/look... First thing I thought of seeing that Purple Laser Beam of doom. ;)

But they already did that with Makos.
  • Options
    pagansamapagansama Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    finally . they put decent ranged AI on this pet. i hope they do the same on Lillend n other ranged pets too.
  • Options
    harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Only thing i kinda went meh with is it's active bonuses.. other then that i frikking love it, and as mentioned in the CW forum section, this just teases us even more to the illusionist class some of us want. :(
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pagansama wrote: »
    finally . they put decent ranged AI on this pet. i hope they do the same on Lillend n other ranged pets too.

In my experience, the AI backs the illusionist (and other ranged companions) out of combat advantage range, even when he's not being targeted.

To clarify: When I have combat advantage on an enemy by flanking it with the illusionist, the illusionist backs up until I lose combat advantage. This undermines one of the only reasons to use a non-augment companion.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    his powers are by far the coolest of any free or green companion (I dont have all blue/purples to compare ^^), so yep very nice! It being account unlock just makes it great!

thank you, Cryptic :)
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    how do you get him?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Red wizards...Long hair...beards...exile...

All this stuff makes me think that they are Thayan university dropouts that just wanted to party hard but oh WAIT