test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tavern Amb4 not working

saiyaku87saiyaku87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Foundry
Hello, so I have this foundry quest, but my ambient music is not playing in one of my rooms?

I used it as the "room ambient sound" for Devin's House, but it just starts playing for a second and then stops...

is this like a bug, or something, I can't get it to work on other rooms as well?

also I'm sorry if this thread was supposed to go somewhere else?
Post edited by saiyaku87 on

Comments

• Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You could add this to eldarths bug list.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You could add this to eldarths bug list.

I'm sorry, I don't know what that is
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Edit: AH - you're using it as background sound. That may not work - it might have a small radius of effect.
    Try putting it in as a "Special: Sound" element -- you should be able to see a faint circle showing it's effective radius.
    ...There are also bugs that some sounds work/dont-work as background ambient and they are aware of and are working to fix "real soon now" (YMMV).

That'd be this link in my sig: Current Verified Foundry Bugs

...and are you sure it is Tavern Amb4 ?

I've got Amb, Amb2, Amb3 already listed in here:
    10-10-2013 Multiple audio silences [1 of 17 fixed: Nature/Birds, seagulls 1]

...and while you're perusing the bug list -- make sure you "sign" and "Requests" you'd like. :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Edit: AH - you're using it as background sound. That may not work - it might have a small radius of effect.
    Try putting it in as a "Special: Sound" element -- you should be able to see a faint circle showing it's effective radius.
    ...There are also bugs that some sounds work/dont-work as background ambient and they are aware of and are working to fix "real soon now" (YMMV).

Yep, that's pretty much how it is - it doesn't work as ambient background sound.

I tried to put it manually of course, but it still doesn't work.
    When I play it in the "Assets" menu i can hear it but when I place it and load the map it doesn't play...

And yes, 100% positive it is amb4 (amb1,2 & 3 don't play at all, not even in the assets menu) ^^

Also I have a question - i saw that bug list and there are so many bugs there that I can see on my foundry as well, they are still not fixed?
    I'm not trying to insinuate anything, I'm just surprised they're still, you know... there xD
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There are bugs on STO's Foundry that have been there for 2 years, and others that get fixed and reappear with the next update. Over and over.

Accept Foundry as it is now, and you'll be a lot less frustrated.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    saiyaku87 wrote: »
    Also I have a question - i saw that bug list and there are so many bugs there that I can see on my foundry as well, they are still not fixed?
    I'm not trying to insinuate anything, I'm just surprised they're still, you know... there xD

Ha! Yep -- something like 160+ and counting. I'm pretty sure they are almost all still in existence.
    I haven't re-verified them in several patches though since there was ZERO foundry fixes listed in those patches.
    I try to re-verify the majority every couple of months - it was getting tedious verifying no fixes patch after patch after patch after patch after patch...