test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An "overcomplicated" PvP system? Please Read

soupaflysoupafly Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Coming from your more than average player (been playing since last August):

No offense, but why implement something that will not create as much equality as a PvP matchmaking system would? What good do defensive buffs do for new players? Even if they have access to the new buff it won't change the game when they are up against a well geared player. I'm sorry, but look through the forums all that is being created at the moment is nothing, but more chaos. Yes, I know these new changes are still being tested, but I just don't understand. New players would have better odds going up against players of their stature rather than giving them a new fancy PvP buff that they still have to PvP for. Heck, even experienced players would get more out of a match where they can fight equally experienced/geared players as well. I'm sorry if this comes off as hard and rude I just feel like this situation is turning into a bigger deal then it really is. A majority of players have already agreed that it would be nice to have:

-A new rewards system.
Why? So it makes PvP more "popular" I like the PvP because of how fast pace it is, but some people want a little more for their 14-20+minutes of "work". Why not increase the amount of glory given and the cap? Maybe add in some enchantments (You guys did add in artifacts so we have to GRIND enchantments either way.) Maybe the top player or players gets some spare AD (not too much of course).

-A ranking system of some sort
This would make it easier for new players to level up and gather more glory. I know by leveling alts that there is nothing worse then trying to get your PvP gear with a whopping 5k gear score and your up against 10k+ experienced players. This would also make experienced players more happy, like me (I think). Instead of just destroying those who are not as well geared (this makes the whole or most of the team leave), experienced players can actually fight one another and make an interesting match out of it.

-More Maps and Modes
I PvP frequently, I'm fine with the same two old maps and the simple domination mode, but what about other players? Why not add in a Capture the Flag, it would make for interesting game play. Even a last man standing where everyone could view the fight of the last ones standing. New maps would be a nice touch to. Especially, for incoming players.

- A 1v1 Mode
Come on, all the PvP'ers would love this. I may be asking for too much, but it would be cool to just have a simple duel option (maybe even wager something). Where some people could watch the fight happen. Maybe make a zone just for 1v1 situations.
For the record I play a GWF as my main (also have a level 60 TR, HR, and CW) and I love him as is, I don't believe my GWF is OP, the only reason why he can destroy the people the way he does, is because either they have no idea how to fight me or they just don't have the right gear. I've played with plenty of well geared players and teams that can bring me down. No matter what there will always be that "O.P." class. Yes, my GWF is well geared due to all the time I spent on him. If a match making system was integrated in then I feel like a majority of the QQ'ing would be gone. Let the "O.P." players fight the other "O.P." players rather than nerfing incoming heals and damage and trying to integrate a new stat, which from all I see is only adding more chaos to the system. It may take some work, but I feel like it would definitely pay off if a matchmaking system was introduced. :cool:

P.S. This is just my opinion/feedback on what needs to be done/changed to the PvP system, I understand everyone has their own opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.:eek:
Post edited by soupafly on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    One of your concerns has been dealt with , the new pvp system will have a ELO type matchmaking system , it was supposed to be added last patch on Mimic but there was a last minute problem so they had to disable it .
    panderus wrote: »
    This build was originally going to have Elo matchmaking included, however QA discovered an issue that caused us to need to disable it for now.
  • soupaflysoupafly Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    One of your concerns has been dealt with , the new pvp system will have a ELO type matchmaking system , it was supposed to be added last patch on Mimic but there was a last minute problem so they had to disable it .

Thank you for telling me perhaps I am just an uninformed player adding to the chaos :P. Thanks again.
  • jahill001jahill001 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "I've played with plenty of well geared players and teams that can bring me down." It takes whole **** teams to bring you down, that is the definition of OP you should not be able to break out of a stun I've already put you in.
  • soupaflysoupafly Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "It takes whole **** teams to bring you down, that is the definition of OP you should not be able to break out of a stun I've already put you in."

^Well, I'm sorry about your experiences with the GWF jahil. I imagine its frustrating when a GWF breaks a stun/CC or stun locks you. I've experienced it to, but I've also experienced the GF blocking my daily and all my attacks with their shield and also stun locking me. TR's ignoring all damage for a limited amount of time or going into stealth to regen back right up or run away. Rangers and their unbreakable roots and running away. DC's with a tank build that are hard to put down, same thing with a tank gf build in PvP. CW's that can time their dodges well and exhaust my run meter and immobilize me. Don't we all have our "OP", which are more like annoying, abilities? That's how I see it, but my view point could be wrong as well :P.
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As a moderator told me the developers rarely even touch the forums. They get all their info second and third-hand from the community managers and admins.
  • macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    As a moderator told me the developers rarely even touch the forums. They get all their info second and third-hand from the community managers and admins.

Would you actually want the people coding the game reading all the useless and/or simple misunderstanding posts on here instead of coding the game? Or would you rather have people dedicated to distilling the useful information on the forums and presenting it to the developers in a concise and quickly understandable manner, thus letting them spend more time implementing suggestions and fixing bugs?

I know which one I would prefer. :P
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Would you actually want the people coding the game reading all the useless and/or simple misunderstanding posts on here instead of coding the game? Or would you rather have people dedicated to distilling the useful information on the forums and presenting it to the developers in a concise and quickly understandable manner, thus letting them spend more time implementing suggestions and fixing bugs?

I know which one I would prefer. :P

-reads over post, reads over thread- I thought this was a different thread when I posted that o.o that aside let's not start a discussion about that on this thread or the mods will lock it for going off topic :P