test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quest bug: Filial Villainy, book required for quest is missing.

vengefulfuryvengefulfury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Okay so up until the last update this quest was fine as i had done it myself a few times. I was helping my girlfriend to level up yesterday and she had to do this quest. We get there and the book is, for some reason, under the concrete slab and therefore you can't even pick it up.

The quest is in Craftman's Rest and is called Filial Villainy.

Now whenever you go there you'll see a group of players jumping around wondering what the heck is going on, trying to get the book for their quest but it just isn't there anymore.

bugquest_zpsec1f55cf.jpg

Could you please look into this?

Thanks!
Post edited by vengefulfury on

Comments

• oldcat9999oldcat9999 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same same. But I think the book is 'there' but its place marker and icon are under the stone. When I go there I can see what looks like a small corner of the book showing from under the stone. But it's too small to trigger the required 'interact' action.
    cheers
    MikeC
  • ryujinshirukuryujinshiruku Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having this exact same problem. I see the sparkles that indicate it's there but can't interact with the book itself. I also saw other players have the same problem and even one who asked about it on zone chat. Hopefully this will be fixed soon as it looks like a very minor one.
  • bigguhnigguhbigguhnigguh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same issue. I got the sparkles and can see the corner, but am not able to interact. Should be a quick fix.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same. FWIW, it's the one right outside the Clock Tower. Sparkles are easily visible, but no interaction goodness.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • elysianxelysianx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having the same issue, can't click the book. :/
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • ebonmarkebonmark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Isn't this quest required to get the adventurers bag reward further down the line?
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Oh dear, I have a character who just hit Neverdeath. Should I be ready to facepalm again?

(Since I am currently too lazy to write the "your UI scaling is completely broken" and "your localisation code is pathological" epic bug reports :D)

I didn't notice any patch in this week's maintenance, so I assume it wasn't fixed yet.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ebonmark wrote: »
    Isn't this quest required to get the adventurers bag reward further down the line?

No, I've completed the Clock Tower, got the bag, & still have this quest pending in my log.

As of last night, it's still not working :(
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Oh, at least that's something. Thanks, flayedawg :)
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey all, we're working on a fix for this. Thanks for reporting! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    edited February 2014
    Just a quick update, for people who really want to get this one done and out of their quest logs..

If you stand really close to the book, facing it, and type:

/interactincludevolume

..then it will work. It sometimes takes a couple of tries to get it, I had to stand with the char's feet almost touching the kerb before it would work, but it did allow me to finish the quest.
  • ebonmarkebonmark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Just a quick update, for people who really want to get this one done and out of their quest logs..

/interactincludevolume

..then it will work. It sometimes takes a couple of tries to get it, I had to stand with the char's feet almost touching the kerb before it would work, but it did allow me to finish the quest.

You're the best!
    edited February 2014
    ebonmark wrote: »
    You're the best!

Just passing it on, glad it helped :)
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »

/interactincludevolume

Found out this in Zone chat. Was stuck for 2 days - the command works
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)