test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mailboxes and lag/congestion

hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
I don't know if this has already been discussed by the developers, but wouldn't it help reduce lag/congestion in Protectors enclave if mailboxes were put in other zones?

Maybe even additional Auction Houses in a couple other zones? I would sure like to not have to leave a zone I'm in just to go to a mailbox.
Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
Post edited by hudman21 on

Comments

• Options
    valdas1996valdas1996 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree with you, it's very inconvenient to leave a zone and travel to protectors enclave just to use a mailbox.
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree that there should be mailboxes/couriers in other zones. They do it with the holiday event areas.

The Auction House is accessible anywhere in the game. Click the Auction Broker icon in the top row (looks like a hammer). Then click one of the buttons to show more items and the AH will open. You can browse and make purchase from this window. You can also put stuff up for sale, but the posting fee is a little higher when done remotely.
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree that there should be mailboxes/couriers in other zones. They do it with the holiday event areas.

The Auction House is accessible anywhere in the game. Click the Auction Broker icon in the top row (looks like a hammer). Then click one of the buttons to show more items and the AH will open. You can browse and make purchase from this window. You can also put stuff up for sale, but the posting fee is a little higher when done remotely.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip Silvergryph
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The extra fee for remote posting was removed a while ago. Any method you use now, including the Gateway, has a flat 10% fee. Also, there is a way to keybind the AH so you don't have to go through the broker. I don't know the code off the top of my head though. It would be nice if they added mailboxes/couriers to the other zones though. Given that in almost much every map, you start out at some kind of Neverwinter Guard post, it would make sense.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother