test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buff/Debuff the GF!

overthetopsighoverthetopsigh Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Hi all,

I figure that while changes to PVP are being made, that now would be a great time to discuss and make changes to classes in specific.

There are many threads out there with people inputting changes, and it's tough to weed through them all and and to a discussion which already has many different changes goingoing on.

To start it off, I would like the devs to look at how fast DoT's drain a GF's shield in PVP. Fighting TR's with bilefhorn remove our shields completely leaving us defenseless. The shield is our only means of defense, it's like taking away unstoppable or all your dodges.

Thanks for your attention.
Post edited by overthetopsigh on

Comments

• trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Trs don't even need a Bilethorn enchant to drop your shield (and I don't even think it triggers if it's blocked) all it takes is osme CoS attacks or a DF flurry. Maybe learn when to block and when to take hits, the majoirty of GFs I see just try to turtle behind their shield the whole time which I find hilarious.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Flourish and Crescendo do this too. This need to be adressed, that attacks within 1s of the same type will add up to the damage already done and then only the guard drain is calculated.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2014
    Dont block flurry avoid it. This is why my gf has +20% run speed.
  • alcibaides415bcalcibaides415bc Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Buff GF please, we are deadweight in T 2.5 dungeons and the damage nerf and prone reduction of FS will hurt GF in PVP badly.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    Dont block flurry avoid it. This is why my gf has +20% run speed.

An idiot don't block it. If the first hit hit you, the entire combo hit you. Second the bleed is very awful if you don't have anything against it. It's easy for a TR to consume 8-10k! of your HP with this solo attack without ever blocked. And that im saying as 59% DR GF.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The thing GF's need most is a buff to Swordmaster.

Everything about the paragon path for GF's is just subpar. the only thing worthy of it is Steel Defense.

Every single thing swordmaster offers, iron vanguard does better.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    An idiot don't block it. If the first hit hit you, the entire combo hit you.

Uh no. If the last hit hits you the combo hits you. You can take the first 2 hits and avoid the combo. Unless you're slow.

A good TR will stealth then intentionally not hit you with the first two strikes and land the third one (with combo) so that it apparently comes from nowhere without any precursor.

I've also never seen it do anywhere near that much damage but hey maybe I've just been lucky. If I know I can't outmaneuver the flurry I'll often soak it up instead of wasting my guard meter on it. It's not particularly dangers against my GF, but maybe after Healing Depression takes its toll on my Regen it will be: but then, only still when paired with a Bilethorn, I would guess.
  • overthetopsighoverthetopsigh Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sure how you GF's think it's okay for 1 attack to basically remove our guard or how you think it's okay that we have to add movement speed just to avoid a DF. Oh and good luck avoiding them when it's 2 v 2 or when they're stealthed and you don't see them coming. Good TR's can cover the whole point from the middle, and they naturally have higher movement speed then you when stealthed.

So in that 1% you don't manage to block a bilethorn DF you lose your entire guard, and become defenseless until your guard gets back up only for him to drop it just as easily. And if you're smart enough not to guard you can't use it to block other attacks because as soon as you raise it, the bilethorn chews through it.

Either way, 1 v 1 against a rogue and they're not really a problem. But add a second on the point and all of sudden you're standing there with a broken shield with no defense. You can't out run ice knifes, shocking executions, indomitable battle strikes...

Oh, and wait until you face a GWF with bilethorn, you can't out run those!
    edited January 2014
    Either way, 1 v 1 against a rogue and they're not really a problem. But add a second on the point and all of sudden you're standing there with a broken shield with no defense.

When you put it that way it sounds like it's working perfectly.