test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat logs/parsers

nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
So first off....are these allowed? Against the ToS? I know a lot of companies are not too fond of third party programs....just wondering if I find and use one would I be risking my account.

If they are allowed....heard mention of ACT, and that you also need a NW pugin? Looking around online couldn't find anything specifically mentioning neverwinter.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
Post edited by nap1985 on

Comments

• keytrosekeytrose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ACT is a wonderful tool. To many people think of it as a DPS ZOMG meeter. It is a combat parser and allows you to get an in depth look at how your character functions, this in turn lets you make INFORMED decisions on stat allocation, power usage, ( the complete and utter uselessness of the tier 4 dread ring boon(for GWF at least ) effectiveness of healing defense and any all other tweeks you can do . The largest naysayer i see on this forum when it comes to a combat parser or DPS meeter is that only elitist want it so they can say how bad you are. 1, No one needs a combat parser to see if some one is bad , I don't care if you are top damage if you just knocked my nice tightly packed group of mobs into Cleveland you are bad , and the game has a damage recount at the end anyway 2 A combat parser is going to be the best way for you to get better ! it wont stop you from shooting the boss 40 times before I have a chance to walk my happy *** all the way across the room but it will let you know if those shots where as effective as they could have been !
    TL;DR
    Combat parsers are a tool to help you make your character the Epic god slaying hero he was meant to be
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah....I actually found that site, it lists a few plugins for a few games....but no neverwinter, as I stated. That's how. K? Thanks. Does neverwinter not require one of the plugins it mentions? Thanks again =)
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nap1985 wrote: »
    Yeah....I actually found that site, it lists a few plugins for a few games....but no neverwinter, as I stated. That's how. K? Thanks. Does neverwinter not require one of the plugins it mentions? Thanks again =)

Hello,

Here's the plugin:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin

It is not against ToS, this is not "3rd party software", it does not interfere in any way with the Neverwinter install. All it does is analyze a text file that the game saves.
  • nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah ok, thanks all for the responses.
  • sebykeesebykee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pls help me with ACT i cant find the combatlog file in the game folder :| i got the game from steam can it be a problem?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Egads, the necro, the NECRO....Kelemvor will not be pleased.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.