test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ranger Nerfs incoming

aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 119 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
Well it appears that Hunter Rangers grasping roots are finally getting nerfed or fixed. Now Grasping roots will be considered a Control effect and thus will be affected by control immunities s and resists. So now that we have no means of stopping GWF or GF from catching us and then 2-3 shotting us or perma stunning, now that prone effects will last longer. What new strats will you be using to avoid being picked off ???

I really wish they would speed up HR attack animations, and fix the dodge from fox cunning so we dont get CC'ed while it is up
Post edited by aramyll on

Comments

• Options
    ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm gonna run, that's what I usally do when I see a good gwf :p
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It is NOT a "nerf", it is a FIX. Everyone has known that the roots should not have worked through Unstoppable, ItC, and all the other control immunities, and we have known that it was going to be changed.

It will require some adjustment in PvP, but that is what PvP is, adjusting to the situation, be it caused by your opponent or a change to the game. Adapt and overcome and all that.
  • Options
    proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited January 2014
    Combat spec is still strong in PvP. Ranged will be countered too easy when the patch hits.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You know people say that about ranged already and it doesn't match my experience at all.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    Yep and the only differences between melee and ranged is defense. More power for melee or ranged attacks thats really the biggest differences between the two.

One crits more often and the other deals more attacks per attack in melee; thats it.