test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR compared to other classes on pvp

tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
So, it's not a QQ topic, I just want to make some questions because I'm new. And I really like ranger.

The thing is...

I've watched HR, TR and GWF on PvP, all of them lvl 60 and 16k GS. And all of the very skilled, I wouldn't say any of the players was better than the other...

The problem is... the TR could go 1x3 and easily kill everybody. Just that ranged throwing knife could take more than half of the HP.

The GWF was ridiculously good too, he was using full damage build, he was 1 or 2 hitting people on pvp, and tank as ****, almost never died.

The HR... he was good, GREAT player, but his damage is ridiculously low compared to other classes even with 16k GS, the only skill that looks like doing lots of damage was fox shift or something else using the daggers...

Hunter have to use skills like split shot to do damage on singles targets right? he was dealing about 4-5k with it, which I think is very high, bu the rogue and gfw could hit 10k+ very fast.

Can someone explain this to me?? Are HR inferior?? I really like the class, I'm gonna lvl it to 60
Post edited by tourage16 on

Comments

• Options
    ranjeranje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    PVP is going to change a fair bit soon.
    There is a new stat called tenacity being added which will restrict regen and change the way defensive stats
    and arpen work (I am generalising a bit here)

So what works today may not work as effectively next week.

At later levels a combat HR can be very effective. At lower levels 1-59 bracket.
    I did a lot more hit and run.

I can face tank GWF's reasonably well (highly skilled and geared ones are still very tough to burn down)
    If you need to shift, shift forward and through them don't back peddle or shift backwards. Shift unexpectedly, off to the side or through.

GF's aren't really a big problem as fox shift can eat through their defenses.
    However if they get you with all their cooldowns off, expect to be tossed around like a pinball.

A well played control mage can be difficult as they keep pushing you back, choking you, re-genning, pushing you back.
    Its a pain. The overconfident ones go down satisfyingly fast :-)

You get the occasional HR who is specced similar, so it can be quite a battle, but most are exploiting grasping roots
    when you see that, you can be pretty sure they barely know how to play. So catch them and eat them :-)

Usually these same HR's will drop thorns I don't even move out of it (currently) I can tank the damage inside of it and dps them down at the same time. I bet that's unexpected and annoying. :-)

Using split from range is a great idea if you are running with the aspect of the serpent.
    Get a few stacks up and then close in and switch to melee for some extra dmg.

Often its good to take a step back and view what's going on around you.
    You may see two or three players trying to take one down. So fire up split shot and tickle them a little.
    Often you can take one or two of them down.

Watch out for TR's skulking around a knife in the back if you are low on health can be a problem.

Hardest to kill the ultra stealth TR's
    If you don't catch them out of stealth they can be really really tough.
    DMG and CC immunities.

My current stats as combat for pvp
    Power 2,818
    Defense 1,619
    Critical Strike 1,304
    Recovery 878
    Armor Penetration 2,234
    Regeneration 1,322
    Health Steal 890
    Deflection 2,026
    Movement 630
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tourage16 wrote: »
    So, it's not a QQ topic, I just want to make some questions because I'm new. And I really like ranger.

The thing is...

I've watched HR, TR and GWF on PvP, all of them lvl 60 and 16k GS. And all of the very skilled, I wouldn't say any of the players was better than the other...

The problem is... the TR could go 1x3 and easily kill everybody. Just that ranged throwing knife could take more than half of the HP.

The GWF was ridiculously good too, he was using full damage build, he was 1 or 2 hitting people on pvp, and tank as ****, almost never died.

The HR... he was good, GREAT player, but his damage is ridiculously low compared to other classes even with 16k GS, the only skill that looks like doing lots of damage was fox shift or something else using the daggers...

Hunter have to use skills like split shot to do damage on singles targets right? he was dealing about 4-5k with it, which I think is very high, bu the rogue and gfw could hit 10k+ very fast.

Can someone explain this to me?? Are HR inferior?? I really like the class, I'm gonna lvl it to 60

As for HR: It all depends on the build. I frequently "one-shot" poorly geared/built players in PvP,..all classes, including GWF's. My split shots hit upwards of 16k to poorly built/geared players. On end game highly geared players of course the damage is reduced(in most situations). Highest hit in PvP was 33k on a 16k CW.

All depends on the build, gear, and the build and gear of the person being targeted, as well as the debuffs they may, or may not have on them.