dex/cha or dex/str

ottoarcottoarc Member Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in The Thieves' Den
which one to have ?? because i want to maximize my crit damage
Post edited by ottoarc on

Comments

• stoxforum1stoxforum1 Banned Users Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Max damage would be str/dex. Check out Esteena's PVE build http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?505921-Trickster-Rogue-PvE-Executioner-Build.
  • ottoarcottoarc Member Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    i am for pvp not pve sorry stox
    edited January 2014
    ottoarc wrote: »
    i am for pvp not pve sorry stox

It still applies, str/dex will give you more damage than str/cha, and the feats that esteena have are meant for maximizing damage as well. All the "1-shot" PVP TR builds are simply PVE specs taken into PVP, with maybe one or 2 minor adjustments to slightly help survivability, but not really gaining them much survivability and giving up damage, doesn't make much sense to me.
    edited January 2014
    Can you help me with this.. have a few question to ask..1)if i make a tr i think i would go for Horc, and is 18 str and 18 dex a good starting roll ? i would love to follow curse dex/cha build but as esteena stated CHA is currently bugged( not sure is it true or false ) 2) for the starting i would buy a Ancient Mulhorand dagger , ancient mulhorand parrying blade and a ancient cloak .. ok i will put a Greater vorpal enchanment in my mulhorand dagger weapon enchanment slot, that would also let me have 3 offense slot , ok which enchanment i would slot in it would be better ? because i would like to have very high crit..what i mean of high crit ?? ok lets make an example : in 10-19 pvp..usually people will crit in here mostly would be 900-2500(thats the highest crit i saw in 10-19) pvp..but for me i would like to do more than that..would like to have 3000 or above crit in 10-19. Dont mistake me here my friend ? i do not intend to stay in 10-19 forever what i meant is like i dont care is 10-19 , 20-29 , or 30-39 to 60 pvp. what i want is i want to crit above the normal rate..like 20-29 pvp normally what i saw the highest crit in here would be 4690( thats the highest i saw in 20-29 not sure if anyone seen higher) but i want to crit 5000 and above...do you all understand what i mean ? so what kind of enchament i should put in ?? ok i will put R7 enchanment or even R8 only..cant afford higher lol because greater vorp already cost me alot, not that kind of rich guys that can slot prefect vorpal and all rank 10..is it Dark ? Azure ? or what else ?
    edited January 2014
    Can you help me with this.. have a few question to ask..1)if i make a tr i think i would go for Horc, and is 18 str and 18 dex a good starting roll ? i would love to follow curse dex/cha build but as esteena stated CHA is currently bugged( not sure is it true or false ) 2) for the starting i would buy a Ancient Mulhorand dagger , ancient mulhorand parrying blade and a ancient cloak .. ok i will put a Greater vorpal enchanment in my mulhorand dagger weapon enchanment slot, that would also let me have 3 offense slot , ok which enchanment i would slot in it would be better ? because i would like to have very high crit..what i mean of high crit ?? ok lets make an example : in 10-19 pvp..usually people will crit in here mostly would be 900-2500(thats the highest crit i saw in 10-19) pvp..but for me i would like to do more than that..would like to have 3000 or above crit in 10-19. Dont mistake me here my friend ? i do not intend to stay in 10-19 forever what i meant is like i dont care is 10-19 , 20-29 , or 30-39 to 60 pvp. what i want is i want to crit above the normal rate..like 20-29 pvp normally what i saw the highest crit in here would be 4690( thats the highest i saw in 20-29 not sure if anyone seen higher) but i want to crit 5000 and above...do you all understand what i mean ? so what kind of enchament i should put in ?? ok i will put R7 enchanment or even R8 only..cant afford higher lol because greater vorp already cost me alot, not that kind of rich guys that can slot prefect vorpal and all rank 10..is it Dark ? Azure ? or what else ?

Yeah, I think I understand. For the highest damage crits you will want vorpal for the weapon enchant, you are correct. Now for the other enchantments, I'm not sure the caps at the lower levels since they are different based on level I believe. I.e. at 60 you need 2540 armor penetration to get 24%, but at lower levels you won't need nearly that high of a number. Forgive me, but I'm not sure what the numbers would be, since it would depend on the level. But anyway to do the biggest hits you will want to get your opponent's damage resistance to 0 with armor pen, again they don't have as much defense as they would at 60, so you might have to ask some people around your level to see what kind of defense they have. Once you have negated that defense, then for big crits you will want more power. There is a trade-off here though, as more critical chance might actually let you do more damage since you will crit more often. But as I said, since it sounds like you just want the big crit numbers, then power is the way to go.
  • twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    stoxforum1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think I understand. For the highest damage crits you will want vorpal for the weapon enchant, you are correct. Now for the other enchantments, I'm not sure the caps at the lower levels since they are different based on level I believe. I.e. at 60 you need 2540 armor penetration to get 24%, but at lower levels you won't need nearly that high of a number. Forgive me, but I'm not sure what the numbers would be, since it would depend on the level. But anyway to do the biggest hits you will want to get your opponent's damage resistance to 0 with armor pen, again they don't have as much defense as they would at 60, so you might have to ask some people around your level to see what kind of defense they have. Once you have negated that defense, then for big crits you will want more power. There is a trade-off here though, as more critical chance might actually let you do more damage since you will crit more often. But as I said, since it sounds like you just want the big crit numbers, then power is the way to go.

If what he's looking for is just a big crit number I'd say that the best option is a bulk purchasing of potions (it's a rather expensive practice to be honest).
    Well, he could actually use both (radiant enchantments and potions/squash soup) given the right amount of AD :D
    edited January 2014
    Lol radiant,not azure or dark ? I want really big crit so it is not armor pen?yeah I'm not sure too in 10-19 or 20-29 or 30-39 ,not sure how much def they have..so how is it?
    edited January 2014
    At the top u say if I want to do big crit I have to get damage resistance to 0 with arpen? Than at bottom u said if I want big crit than power way to go? So actually which one is it ?
  • thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep, with armor penetration. Dont forget about the severe dininishing returns Critical has. You will spend ridiuclous amount of points just to up 1%

And there are 2 parts for Crit: Crit Chance and Crit severity.
    Using azure enchantments don't get u bigger crits, but they happend more.
    For Crit Severity there is only Feats, Vorpal and 5% orc char. If you up Power you are upping severitiy damage too, because critical is related to base damage.
    But for me the best is a balanced character
    edited January 2014
    At the top u say if I want to do big crit I have to get damage resistance to 0 with arpen? Than at bottom u said if I want big crit than power way to go? So actually which one is it ?

Arm pen til your opponent's damage resistance = 0, then power for more damage. This will get you the highest numbers like you are looking for.
    edited January 2014
    OK very confuse now?so at first I will have 3 ancient item so that would also let me have 3 enchantment slot..(I will have rank 8 enchantment only)so how should I put these 3? All 3 radiant? I'm torn between these 3 ,radiant ? Azure or dark ?? Advice ! Advice ! Advice
    edited January 2014
    Ok so don't have to worry much for crit % because stealth + lashing blade =100% crit..so if I get 2 rank 8 radiant and 1 rank 8 dark would that be good enough? Only 3 ancient I can get at level 1 is ancient(not sure if I still can get any blue or purple item that does not require level,if have please let me know )
  • sevarin79sevarin79 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im a new player with a lvl 30 TR .. was just wondering if i should be stacking crit or going more balanced... i do a lot of PvE but also like my pvp.. Sorry this is a bit vague but i cant find a good mid lvl build anyware