test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We need epic items

chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
Maybe from a new campaign, or an entirely new set of towns and zones, and you can only use them at lvl 70. And you would get them from super rare drops from some in dungeons and others in a new type of solo repeatable dungeon?Just an idea.
Post edited by chantola21 on

Comments

• Options
    chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Forgot to post similar to the epic artifacts and other items, its the next step after purple
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cap is 60 and shouldn't be raised for this idea till the game grows significantly sideways, and many issues are addressed. A level cap raise would probably do far more harm than good.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    Forgot to post similar to the epic artifacts and other items, its the next step after purple

Actually purple is epic. Orange is legendary.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah it would cool if they raised the level cap but, I would have to agree that now or anytime soon wouldn't be a good time to do it.

Maybe in the distant future.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2014
    Not only that some more interesting stat combos.

All the epic gear is the same:

270 Power
    270 Recovery
    190 Armpen
    190 Deflect
    190 Defense

The next item I get is:
    270 Crit
    270 Recovery
    190 Armpen
    190 Deflect
    190 Defense

These are just examples and not true gear stats.

Ugh, I don't know - it's just stale. I feel like the only way to truly increase your power is to spend diamonds for rank 7+ enchantments. Yippy!
  • Options
    radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Actually purple is epic. Orange is legendary.

I have never ever seen an Orange................Do they really exist?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    currently the only orange items are artifacts.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    radiick507 wrote: »

Artifacts can be leveled up to 100, which makes them orange. Of course rank 99 purple artifacts have the exact same stats, the only thing making it Legendary does is increase the "on use" effect.

The only only other item that is orange (That I know of) is the Brilliant Diamond, worth 250,000 refining points.
  • Options
    laeaornyalaeaornya Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    radiick507 wrote: »

Not in Neverwinter, to the best of my knowledge. Not yet. But the color scheme for magical gear follows the same pattern as World of Warcraft, which did have Legendary items set off by orange text.
    nwo-banner_zpsa70beece.jpg
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    laeaornya wrote: »
    Not in Neverwinter, to the best of my knowledge. Not yet. But the color scheme for magical gear follows the same pattern as World of Warcraft, which did have Legendary items set off by orange text.

As already explained artifacts can go up to legendary.
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This game don't need more "power creep" after the artifacts and companions.

It needs more pvp modes, foundry pvp, 10vs10 maps, fixes for powers and feats and fix for the sets that already exist.

THEN and only then it would be nice to have more powers, paragons and classes, cities and maybe new level cap.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    As already explained artifacts can go up to legendary.

As already explained in the post right before mine, which didn't exist when I wrote my post. But thank you for correcting me in such an elitist way.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2014
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »

It needs more pvp modes, foundry pvp, 10vs10 maps, fixes for powers and feats and fix for the sets that already exist.

THEN and only then it would be nice to have more powers, paragons and classes, cities and maybe new level cap.

I agree. Power creep from module 2 trivialized every dungeon in the game. What's the point in increasing your character's power when you can go far beyond what is already sufficient for every dungeon in the game? Well, you can pvp, but the pvp in this game without a matchmaking system is lackluster, to say the least.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    laeaornya wrote: »
    But thank you for correcting me in such an elitist way.

Ummmm....what?
  • Options
    surrencysurrency Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Elitist? I don't think that word means what you think it means...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I was out of line. I should have approached Dardove privately with my grievance. I've sent him a private apology. May we drop the matter now before this thread becomes a troll thread? Thanks!
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »

Exactly. Between artifacts and companions and a general easing of earning higher rank enchants. We already have significant power creep. Gear scores inflated by one to two thousand points across the board. From the last expansion alone. Its fully possible to push all gear stats into diminishing returns with room to spare.

You will end up with two options. New gear will push the power creep to the point that power houses will become gods. Or everyone will simply hit the DR barrier and any new increase in gear will simply offer minor or insignificant increases. Making one wonder what the whole point would be, beyond more power simply for the sake of more power.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Both Lionmaruu0 and Sockmunkey make good points. At the very least, let's give it some time and then let Cryptic create REALISTIC new challenges on par with the new power levels brought on by "un-rarified" orange gear.