test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Oak Skin

spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2014 in The Wilds
Has this been fixed? I'm lvling my hr and just got Binding Arrow/Oak Skin and I don't deflect the heals. Atleast not while the skill is rank 1 or rank 2. If it only affects the rank 3 then i think the effect is mixed up with Forest Meditation, it should deflect all attacks at rank 3 but it only offers control immunity. What you guys think?
Post edited by spicen on

Comments

• masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    Dunno, I have it at 2 with my archer ranger and it still deflects it then again, I haven't played with it since 3-4 days ago because I was leveling a nature ranger and it still does deflect.

Could be though but it doesn't always deflect so it might not be.
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Dunno, I have it at 2 with my archer ranger and it still deflects it then again, I haven't played with it since 3-4 days ago because I was leveling a nature ranger and it still does deflect.

Could be though but it doesn't always deflect so it might not be.

Well I haven't seen it deflect any heals so far. Odd.
    edited January 2014
    Maybe I'll check it out if true this is great news, because I used it in dungeon today and it did. But I'll check again to make sure.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its still broken.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited January 2014
    Its still broken.

For me it works just fine, lvl 47 currently and i have 2 points in it. Maybe upgrading it to last rank messes it up? Could this have anything to do with how on rank 3 forest meditation doesn't deflect attacks even though it should? I'll keep close eye on it and post here anything I notice.
    edited January 2014
    yeah, I still deflect as well 3/3. I'll check on my archer ranger 2/3

it works every time 2/3 you might be on to something here.

I went to blacklake and tested it 40 times every time full healing.

tried it 40 more times and yup only lv 3 is deflecting.
  • ebonmarkebonmark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How does Oakskin scale? I remember when I first got it and it was healing me for 120-150hp per tick and now I get 160-190hp.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its based on your off-hand damage and power.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited January 2014
    I recently had it deflected by myself in pvp, so i think it has something to do if you're in a group. It was rank 2/3. It seems that even when in group but when no allies were near it healed for the full amount without deflects. Kinda odd behavior.
  • ebonmarkebonmark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its based on your off-hand damage and power.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
    edited January 2014
    It also heals 20% more to you; if you took the T1 nature feat which is why it heals 190 or so.
  • pronkyou2pronkyou2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It doesn't increase defense and seems to heal 0.5% hp per second for 8 seconds (9 tics). Just what I wanted, a weak hot. I like the playstyle that Nature implies (AoE buff and single controls), but it's still not balanced. Even boar's hide is at best 5 stacks of 2% DR for the whole team since the CD is too long for it to re-buff before the stacks are removed, making the feat useless. Maybe if it added a thorns aura or damage increase... or actually increased the initial stacks as well as their max, I could understand.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How useful is the debuff on commanding? I honestly do not use it enough to have a real opinion. Thought I would ask some folks who are using it...
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pronkyou2 wrote: »
    It doesn't increase defense and seems to heal 0.5% hp per second for 8 seconds (9 tics). Just what I wanted, a weak hot. I like the playstyle that Nature implies (AoE buff and single controls), but it's still not balanced. Even boar's hide is at best 5 stacks of 2% DR for the whole team since the CD is too long for it to re-buff before the stacks are removed, making the feat useless. Maybe if it added a thorns aura or damage increase... or actually increased the initial stacks as well as their max, I could understand.

I don't know what sort of bug you got, but it most definietely increases your damage resistance (notice I did not say defense) by 10%. IE if your damage resistance is 0%, it is now 10%. If your damage resistance is 50%, it is now 60%. Oak Skin gains more use the higher your damage resistance since it is a flat bonus, ie at 0% it is a 10% buff, but at 50% it is a 20% reduction. This makes more sense if you know how effective HPs work.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
    edited February 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    How useful is the debuff on commanding? I honestly do not use it enough to have a real opinion. Thought I would ask some folks who are using it...

its pretty good because it works for the party against a target like a boss, elite, or a gf, who have really good dr because it makes it less existant.

if you are going for maxing your dps its slightly less useful due to the wait and the lower damage it does comparatively.

imo the buff is what makes this move useful.

added to post.
    indeed, its why i end up having to fight with half the playerbase on the forums.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    KK hard to tell from PVE metrics because debuff does not show up on score. According to paingiver Plaguefire has no effect! Makes de-buff math tricky.
    edited February 2014
    Also the effects from Weapon Enchants on buffs will show to let you know they are working in the background and who have been affected by them. though the effects of WE are not relevent.
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So wait. If I have Oak Skin at Lv3, the heal will start deflecting and actually be less effective?
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure about this sorry.