test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

fallen dragon crafting issue

rondo5150rondo5150 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I just made one of these fallen dragon great swords. I spent over $100.00 USD to buy Zen to get keys to get AD to get the items I needed to make this. I spent three days work and waited another two to make it, and used extra items to make sure it was the one with the enchantment slot so I could replace my sword with it and the enchantment stone. I go to collect the sword in my professions page and it says item received "Mitheral Blades", But no sword in inventory anywhere and my Dread Blade Fragment, Dread Riser Fragment, Dread Stone Fragment are all gone now! I say PWE & Neverwinter owe me $100.00 & 500,000 AD+, and the sword just for my troubles. I WANT MY MONEY BACK PERFECT WORLD NOW!!!
Post edited by rondo5150 on

Comments

• Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    rondo5150 wrote: »
    I just made one of these fallen dragon great swords. I spent over $100.00 USD to buy Zen to get keys to get AD to get the items I needed to make this. I spent three days work and waited another two to make it, and used extra items to make sure it was the one with the enchantment slot so I could replace my sword with it and the enchantment stone. I go to collect the sword in my professions page and it says item received "Mitheral Blades", But no sword in inventory anywhere and my Dread Blade Fragment, Dread Riser Fragment, Dread Stone Fragment are all gone now! I say PWE & Neverwinter owe me $100.00 & 500,000 AD+, and the sword just for my troubles. I WANT MY MONEY BACK PERFECT WORLD NOW!!!

Did you use any Weaponsmithing assets to increase the success rate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

That's about the worse method ever one can go through to make these :\

Also there aren't fallen dragon epics without both slots open, as far as I know - only 2 tiers: Tier 1: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, Tier 2: fallen dragon weapon.

This is how you do it right:

- buy frags from AH (farming takes too long and is not reliable)
    - level profession to 20
    - buy (from AH! not open lockboxes lol) or better borrow profession assets that when used will increase the chance to 100%
    - start task, wait, profit

Getting mithral blades or stones etc. can only mean you did not use the profession assets and you got tier 1 result, lost everything.

What else can I say. Costly mistake.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »

Also there aren't fallen dragon epics without both slots open, as far as I know - only 2 tiers: Tier 1: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, Tier 2: fallen dragon weapon.

- level profession to 20
    - buy (from AH! not open lockboxes lol) or better borrow profession assets that when used will increase the chance to 100%

Getting mithral blades or stones etc. can only mean you did not use the profession assets and you got tier 1 result, lost everything.

One thing to add:

After the weapons have been created, sell back the tools to recoup as much of your investment as possible.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    helloz2 wrote: »
    Did you use any Weaponsmithing assets to increase the success rate?

Yes I did, and it was at over 85% Tier two.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

- level profession to 20

I have been playing for over a year. My professions are at 20, three professions ARE AT 20, I bought, borrowed and got all items needed to make tier two AND I used extra professions to get the #2 at over 85%!! I know what I did and know what I saw, where on the weaponsmith professions does it give you 999 mitheral blades for making a Fallen Dragon Sword for a GWF? This was no Costly MISTAKE! THIS IS A MAJOR GAME GLITCH! I MADE THE SWORD AND THE GAME DIDNT GIVE IT TO ME!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    after WAITING FOR 2 DAYS, it said collect Fallon Dragon Sword. When I clicked on the window it popped up, you received Mitheral Blades. When I went to my inventory there was a new item and it was 999 Mitheral Blades. This is total bull! PWE owes me big time before I get my attorney to sue them!
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    after WAITING FOR 2 DAYS, it said collect Fallon Dragon Sword. When I clicked on the window it popped up, you received Mitheral Blades. When I went to my inventory there was a new item and it was 999 Mitheral Blades. This is total bull! PWE owes me big time before I get my attorney to sue them!

lmfao so sorry to hear, thats some crazy and funny bug
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes I did, and it was at over 85% Tier two.

Yeah, 85% is a 15% chance to fail. I've successfully crafted the Fomorian Weapons(CW, GF) and the Fallen Dragon(TR) but I would only start with 100% chance (in fact I'm quite paranoid, I usually overcap with two purples and a blue for 104%). It's too expensive to have a chance to fail.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I used extra professions to get the #2 at over 85%!! I know what I did and know what I saw

Really sorry man, but as tang above points out, 85% is not 100% :( I don't like this system, but it is what it is. You NEED to make the chance to get the highest tier 100% in this case, or you risk losing all the pricey mats.

Costly mistake.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There's no way on this Earth that I'd ever try to craft the Formorian or Dragon weapons without 5 blue assets for a guaranteed 100% chance of success , the mats are just to much of a ballache to get plus 3 day wait for some mitheral blades xD
  • Options
    radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sorry to say, but I have had stuff at 99% and still did not get the item, the 1% chance got me the lower tier item. Go Figure? Lost a Dragon egg and everything. I would not have hit "craft" if it was any lower then 85%. Already posted about that on these Forums. I have never seen it at 100%, only 99%. This has happened to me not twice but 3 times.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Yeah, 85% is a 15% chance to fail. I've successfully crafted the Fomorian Weapons(CW, GF) and the Fallen Dragon(TR) but I would only start with 100% chance (in fact I'm quite paranoid, I usually overcap with two purples and a blue for 104%). It's too expensive to have a chance to fail.

This is unacceptable. Even if I did not have enough for tier, would I have not gotten a tier 1 sword. Other professions, if you cant make tier 2 or tier 3 you get tier 1 at least. Taking my expensive resources and not giving me anything but Mitheral Blades, (which was one of the assets anyways) is theft to me of my money in the game, not fail to complete and give nothing in return. I am on the phone with PWE and have been on hold for over 2 hours, WTF is perfect worlds problem? Rip people off and then don't answer the phone? They will answer a lawsuit and letter from my attorney. Providing a product or services for money is a contract and if they are in the wrong, they will pay me back ASAP!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Not only that, but it did NOT say FAILED attempt, it said item created "Fallen Dragon Sword" and showed a picture of it & click here to collect your prize, when I did it then changed and said you will receive "Mitheral Blades" Explain that one PWE!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    radiick507 wrote: »
    Sorry to say, but I have had stuff at 99% and still did not get the item, the 1% chance got me the lower tier item. Go Figure? Lost a Dragon egg and everything. I would not have hit "craft" if it was any lower then 85%. Already posted about that on these Forums. I have never seen it at 100%, only 99%. This has happened to me not twice but 3 times.

So then answer this. If I did not make a tier two sword, Where then is my tier #1 sword?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Really sorry man, but as tang above points out, 85% is not 100% :( I don't like this system, but it is what it is. You NEED to make the chance to get the highest tier 100% in this case, or you risk losing all the pricey mats.

Costly mistake.

So then answer this, if I did not make a tier 2 sword, where is my tier #1 sword? and I have been on hold with PWE for over 2 hours on the phone and they do not answer just keep transferring.
  • Options
    ghost2k4ghost2k4 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    itiswhatitis_zps2b82512f.jpg

See the above image. Tier 1 does not result in a weapon. Only the tier 2. The craft is still called "Fallen Dragon *insert name here*" so it would have said you completed it. You don't fail crafting in this game... ever. You just don't get the higher results. You said you had an 85% chance, that is still a 15% chance of failure. The RNG hit that 15% and you got the T1 result which is the crafting items and not the weapon. Yes, it sucks, but taking your rage out on the forums doesn't help either.
    Co-Leader of Legendary Outlaws

Apply Now!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    BULL! It said I crafted the item and it did not give it too me, this game is so full of bugs and holes it will make your head spin, this is not the first time this type of junk has happened and to blame it on me is WRONG, as I know what I did, I know what I saw and the game did NOT give the weapon it said I crafted!
  • Options
    unrealtigerunrealtiger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    BULL! It said I crafted the item and it did not give it too me, this game is so full of bugs and holes it will make your head spin, this is not the first time this type of junk has happened and to blame it on me is WRONG, as I know what I did, I know what I saw and the game did NOT give the weapon it said I crafted! Shove that in your pipe and smoke it POTHEAD!

I have to come to this guy's defense. There are a lot of things wrong with this game, its new and just went live and still has tons of bugs. If I spent that kind of money and this happened, I would be really PEod off too! And for PWE to not answer their phones would just be adding fuel to the fire. I personally know there are a lot of people on this game from WoW. I left there and came here because of the %#@* that happens there. I came here to play and have fun. I have seen a ton of game problems when it went live. Now with the new areas and Hunter class there are even more. I would hope that PWE-Cryptic-Neverwinter get their act together as I have seen a whole bunch of good players leave because of server problems, problem players, and game glitches. I hope PWE gives the guy his money back & the sword just for his troubles. If it said he crafted the sword, it should have given it too him. I have had many issues with missing things, hackers stealing unclaimed AD from the AH, and other issues that has happened since this game did go live. Before it did, it had even more issues with missing emails, locked windows and other stuff. I was surprised the game lasted this long. This guy has been wronged and it needs to be fixed, or they just might lose more players.:(
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i have removed all of this off-topic discussion out of the "fallen dragon recipes" thread and am closing this discussion on the grounds that this is a support issue. the OP has the opportunity to submit this issue via an in-game ticket or by using the support ticketing system or by sending an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com.

but i will offer this, when you go to craft this item, you have a % chance of failure if you do not have a 100% chance to craft the tier 2 item. if you do not have all of the proper profession resources to have that 100% chance of success, then it can fail and give you the tier 1 item. when i crafted this item myself, i made sure i had a 100% chance of success by using a combination of resources. i, personally, do not think this is a bug. i think this is working as intended. however if you do not agree, submit your ticket via the the methods mentioned above. this is not a discussion for the forums. please do not re-open this discussion in a new thread. feel free to PM me if you have questions.

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.