371 AP
193 Regen

then I might get this epic Bow of the Master Predator
claim to have 656-802 Damage
786 Power
217 Critical
217 AP
98 Defense

Can someone explain to me if the supposedly T2 epic is actually better than the rare?

It sais it does more damage, but considering only 75% power and in overall less GS (which is in a way worthless, I know) I wonder if the epic is really an upgrade.
Some comments?
Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
Post edited by nameexpired on

Comments

• Options
    woriraworira Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Base damage is far, far more important than other stats on weapons.
  • Options
    sirken2sirken2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10
    edited January 2014
    worira wrote: »
    Base damage is far, far more important than other stats on weapons.

Yah I can stress that enough even a couple points different on base dmg adds up to thousands of dps
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So "Base Damage" has nothing to do with the Power stat?
    I somehoe assumed that the more power the higher the base damage. Seems I was wrong!
    Thank you for this lesson!
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The effect of power shows when you're comparing two weapons of equal base damage (one equipped, one not). The one with higher power will do X more damage. But the base damage itself is just that and as far as I know not influenced by anything else.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    synozeer's got it on the nail here. While the base enchantment stats on the epic are lower the base attack power is higher. Also power doesn't convert to damage very well, requiring roughly 20 points of power to equal one point of damage. This means that by switching to the epic you lose 229 power off the top, but this only translates to a loss of 11 points of damage. So adjusting for this you're still gaining 134-166 min-max damage by switching up. I'm still working on the conversion of ArPen to damage but trust me the lost points there should be equally unnoticeable. The only points I'd regret losing would be the regen, but again like the power the benefit is worth the sacrifice
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's the switch I'm going to make with my Nature build. Its absolutely in favor of the t2 bows (doesn't matter which one as long as its not Forest Lord) for the reasons elminster explains.

(Oh the ArP doesn't matter because you cap easily with a HR.)
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Am I right to say that this does pretty nice show the uselessness of the GS?
    The blue +5 bow adds 1579, but the much better purple adds only 1318 to the gear score.

Yes, I know that the purple can take a weapon enchantment, which the blue can not.
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Pretty much. You could also use for example the effect of dumping all HP and Defense onto your gear and watching your GS soar to ridiculous heights. It's a good base, but it's ultimately worthless when gauging whether a player is properly geared or not.