test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Drop rates from chests

archerbahmarcherbahm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it just miserable luck or have the rewards from various chests been downgraded since the release of the dread ring upgrade?
been downgraded?
Used to look forward to the occasional coalescent ward from the celestial coin wonderous coffer - none since the release.
The reward chest in Celadaine used to produce the occasional Blink dog - none since the release

and chests in Dread ring towers? - peridot is cause for celebration

bit more love from those would be greatly appreciated
Post edited by archerbahm on

Comments

• Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    many people complain they never got any coal ward from the coffer since module 2, i didn't get any either but don't have too many chars to do daily invocations.
    Still don't be surprised, the game is built to hook you like gambling, just to see the reward there so you fool yourself into thinking your turn will come :)
  • Options
    chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    don't gamble. get the 6 coin sharandar feywield sparks chest, which you can turn to fey blessings which sell for much more profit (altohugh you do more work) but 3 fey blessings are worth 1 coal, and those blessings r gauranteed. Coal wards r 1 % chance.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    It's fact that the CW and PW drop rate from coffers have been reduced dramatical.
    The arcane coffer drop for my opinion to much peridots too. I don't think that they reduced the droprate of the blink dog.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've gotten the Blink Dog on a couple of occasions.

Peridot is worthless as refine point item for me, but it sells, and I'm glad that someone can get use out of them.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    Coal wards r 1 % chance.

J0shi82 carried out some tests on the preview shard and the coalescent wards are closer to a 4% - 5% drop rate going by large sample tests carried out , down from around 15% chance pre Module 2. Don't know about the Blink dog , I'd guess that has always been a fairly low drop rate.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, this will probably be closed because we're apparently not supposed to talk about coal wards.

But as people have said, the drop rate has been lowered and peridot/aquamarines added to the 7 day coffer.
    Personally I've never gotten a blink dog so, IDK about that.
    For Dread Ring, ifyou mean the coffer you open with the gauntlet, yes the lower level gauntlets give pretty unimpressive rewards.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Been trying for that Blink Dog for a few weeks now. No dice. But it's all good. They're not too expensive on the AH.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!