test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Oak Skin get weaker the more points you put into it?

smorztheoriginalsmorztheoriginal Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
Seems pretty worthless, if the regen is only 132hp per tick to begin with, so after putting points into it it affects a couple more people, but now only ticks for 30hp?
Post edited by smorztheoriginal on

Comments

• Options
    nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I assumed the "at 50% effectiveness" only applied to the party members effected by it
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I'm getting 140 or so per tick still at 3/3. Others only get 30-60 depending on their HP, which is better than nothing. It would be better Nature spec'd as well.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    O.o

Check out how Oak Skin works... it does not give health per tick it gives health per sec!
    I dunno the exact reg% u gain with oak but it seems to give 1/3 of ur own reg% per sec and so it doubles ur personal reg%.

With a balanced life steal - regeneration combination + oak u can skip buying pots and ur dc can lay back, give buffs or deal some dmg.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neopreen wrote: »
    O.o

Check out how Oak Skin works... it does not give health per tick it gives health per sec!
    I dunno the exact reg% u gain with oak but it seems to give 1/3 of ur own reg% per sec and so it doubles ur personal reg%.

With a balanced life steal - regeneration combination + oak u can skip buying pots and ur dc can lay back, give buffs or deal some dmg.

Nah, I tried it with 1.3k regen and with 400 regen gears. The healing ticks were 142 with 1.3k regen and 150 with just 400 regen.

So it just plainly heals you and all party member at rank 3 with 50% of what it heals you for few seconds. And the healing power is based on how much power you have. It does boost defense a bit but that is about it.

And it is also bugged that the healing ticks can be deflected by yourself and your party members.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think you are misunderstanding the use of "regenerating health over time" to mean that it depends on your Regen. It is just a healing power whose size depends entirely on your Blade's damage and your Power.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oak Skin is incredibly broken.

Not only does it give terrible heals, the heals that it does give are "Deflected".

I put this in the bug forums, hopefully they look at it..
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Oak Skin is incredibly broken.

Not only does it give terrible heals, the heals that it does give are "Deflected".

I put this in the bug forums, hopefully they look at it..

Oak Skin is amazing. But you'll have to figure out why yourself.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Oak Skin is amazing. But you'll have to figure out why yourself.
    \\

Well..its not amazing for me, in my Archery build.

The heals are deflected by myself, and my team members...

Nothing to figure out............
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    \\

Exactly Chain's it triggers "Deflect"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Exactly Chain's it triggers "Deflect"

So you are saying...

If in a large fight in PvP for example. If I use Oak Skin, myself, and my teammates will deflect "Oak Skin"..

Thats not to say, "Deflect" has some lasting affect, that by casting Oak Shield, would in turn make my team and myself, start deflecting incoming attacks from the enemy.

Even if it did, how the hell could we prove that theory?
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    isn't there a boon that heals you like, 400 hps if you deflect an attack? Wouldn't this trigger that? is there an ICD for that boon?
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I think he means it can have good synergy with the pvp sets because they heal a percentage of your life on a deflect.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    isn't there a boon that heals you like, 400 hps if you deflect an attack? Wouldn't this trigger that? is there an ICD for that boon?

There is a sharandar boon, in the last tier, that deals damage to the attacker on a deflect. dont think that would be possitive unless its bugged in this case thus healing you instead of damaging you.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    That's off of a gear selection. I thought there was a boon that healed you if you deflected as well. Not in game atm, so can't look. :)

Oh well, either way, can always get a group together on test to try it out.
  • Options
    kazexkumokazexkumo Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2014
    \\

same here, i also agree with you, doesn't work well with my hybrid build too. :(
  • Options
    kazexkumokazexkumo Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2014
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    That's off of a gear selection. I thought there was a boon that healed you if you deflected as well. Not in game atm, so can't look. :)

Oh well, either way, can always get a group together on test to try it out.

yeap, but there's a boon that can heal you if hit by enemy.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Pretty much you all touched on what I saying.
  • Options
    xthebluespiritxxthebluespiritx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    oak skin gets deflected by myself and party members, usually it heals at 160 or so per tick but alot of the times u see it go for 50 with a green down arrow. them feels i get when that happens...
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    Just remember that it only deflects as a bug it will eventually I'm sure be fixed and won't be a problem later.