test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Swordmaster = Very Fun

chrsyltechrsylte Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I have been playing GF for some time, and see that "GF Swordmaster" is not discussed so often in this forum.
Most likely most of you GF's have a strong focus on the tank ability, that atm don’t work.

I am a swordmaster and there are little written about it. It's very fun and you are build for damage both for PVP and PVE. By adding power enchant and critical hits, plus follow the "primary" conqueror and "secondary" Tactican" feats path your armorcls gets boosted heavy!!!. With this config with (Power armor) for example timeless armor (level 60) you are geared for serious damage. Playing right you will be almost always on top 3 in pvp.
PVE, works fine for me, and it feels almost no changes vs Tank build. No problems tanking the Malaborg dragon, since i use shield and the "Iron Warrior" power to reset shield on the fly.
Post edited by chrsylte on

Comments

• fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Most i like about my swordmaster is "Steel Blitz" it triggers a lot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chrsyltechrsylte Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah. Anvil Of Doom Power is insane... 7100 to 7800 damage. In Pvp: With crit, i take down 50% HP with one hit.......
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    PVE wise, have not try it myself.

PVP wise:

You lose kill power to anything.

It does make you really hard to take down, but with 2 people that dedicated to focus you, you still go down like anything else once your immune is out. And the current dmg in PVP is just too high for you to take dmg and build up daily consistently.

It does give u an advantage to 1 v 1 anything and be unkillable providing you are geared/skilled. But to be honest this is the most boring build play style currently exist in the game, and it is not really that rewarding unless you have a team that completely build around you to make it shine.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yeah. Im not really seeing the appeal of Swordmaster GF. All his attacks that he gets from the paragon path are extraordinarily weak, with no real return in any other way to compensate.

(which is because the skills still calculate the damage as if having a great sword)

There really isnt anything a swordmaster GF can do that a Iron Vanguard cant do but better.

the only reason I still have sword master for my GF is because it fits his style as the character ( for Rp reasons). I still fight with him doing everything that I used to do as Iron Vanguard before it was released as a 2nd option. but I do so knowing that he wont perform as well as he used to.

the only boon a Sword Master GF gets is a few seconds of immunity for using a daily. thats it really. That can make or break some encounters, but thats so highly situational.

As far as 1 vs 1. Its a one trick pony really. Things go well for a swordmaster GF if only every single thing goes along exactly as planned.
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    yeah. Im not really seeing the appeal of Swordmaster GF. All his attacks that he gets from the paragon path are extraordinarily weak, with no real return in any other way to compensate.

(which is because the skills still calculate the damage as if having a great sword)

There really isnt anything a swordmaster GF can do that a Iron Vanguard cant do but better.

the only reason I still have sword master for my GF is because it fits his style as the character ( for Rp reasons). I still fight with him doing everything that I used to do as Iron Vanguard before it was released as a 2nd option. but I do so knowing that he wont perform as well as he used to.

the only boon a Sword Master GF gets is a few seconds of immunity for using a daily. thats it really. That can make or break some encounters, but thats so highly situational.

As far as 1 vs 1. Its a one trick pony really. Things go well for a swordmaster GF if only every single thing goes along exactly as planned.

Hmph, perhaps the same could be said of all religions- Dracula in symphony of the night.

I like sword master it feels more solid then the GF of old.

Its damage is based off GF weapons not two handed sword.

And theres your problem right there IV plays different than SM for many reasons I don't care to explain it as it will likely just fall on deaf ears anyhow.

Steel defense isn't the only boon they get savage advance is actually still quite savage.

And anvil of steel will cleave a CW in two pretty quick.

Steel blitz triggers way more often than with the GWF because the moves that trigger it well for them are so slow. Cleave and wms feels faster for us too so theres that additional attack speed of cleave when it hits more than 1 person.

And like slush said it takes two dedicated to DPS and control to take us out; more, if less geared even if he was being critical.

And honestly if you as a gf are alone against two dps in a team of 5 anyway then you aren't even tanking much just holding a point. And at that point the opposing team are wasting time not helping with kills and capping points just contesting them.

And your team isn't really a team because with a good horse anyone can get across the map quick.