test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blues/Rares In Delves Chests? Since When?

baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
I suppose this is just an Im slightly disgruntled thread...lol

Just ran Idris with one of the most dps underpowered groups I think I ever have done, Im an extremely average player myself compared to many at lvl 60 so when Im topping the dps by 3mil+ then somethings wrong..

So after a torturous 1 hour and 30 mins, including starting early as a pre clear.. yep thats right!

2 wipes on the boss & then finally beating her with severe injuries etc.. I open up my box and find a blue belt..lol!!

I mean come on really? I dont remember blues being in Delve chests at all? Is it new? since when?
Post edited by baronvonboom on

Comments

• Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tier one dungeons sometimes give blue items, I think this was always the case.
    Tier two and higher always give a purple item in the chest.
    Idris shouldn't take that long though; even with a couple wipes. Mine just took about 45 minutes with two wipes on Idris.
    I didn't do that many dungeons before module 1 so I won't claim to be positive about this, but I think I got some blues from tier ones even during open beta.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In a T1, if you don't get a t1 drop from the chest, you get a blue
    In a T2, if you don't get a t2 drop from the chest, you get a T1.

And it has been like that since open beta.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    In a T1, if you don't get a t1 drop from the chest, you get a blue
    In a T2, if you don't get a t2 drop from the chest, you get a T1.

And it has been like that since open beta.

Then I must have been seriously lucky over the past year as I can say that Im pretty sure Ive never had a blue during Delves, may be wrong & its just the situation thats got me.. oh well..
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since the Feywild expansion. I think they reduced the chance for blues to drop though, it was pretty high(like 30%+) when Feywild initially came out.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yes it happens I got a blue hat for a GWF when playing my CW, and they are bound
    grats me 34 silver or whatever.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Blue items from the DD chest is like a kick in the private parts , pretty unwelcome xD really wish they would change it to only epic T1 or T2 gear from the epic dungeons DD chest , especially since it is all BoP ( or at least most are BoP )there's not really any justification in blues from epic DD chests...
  • Options
    thecorpserthecorpser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Check the going rate on the blue gear you get. Some items are worth decent AD. I got a belt and sold it for 42K.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Throne of Idris is one of the shorter dungeons and the only challenging part is the last boss so 1.5 hours is a lot. I know how underwhelming it can be to finally win a tough fight and get something worthless as a reward. Like thecorpser said, sometimes blue gear can be sold for more than what you would get for salvaging a purple piece.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thecorpser wrote: »
    Check the going rate on the blue gear you get. Some items are worth decent AD. I got a belt and sold it for 42K.

DD chest items are all BOUND now, so no.