test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Ranger Build

magnaangemon01magnaangemon01 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
I'm new to the Hunter Ranger and I haven't been able to find much on how to maximize their builds so this is my attempt. Currently level 5.

Thinking of going with this build:

http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=p7r:4cfyk:70sv,1x03iii:b5551:60000:60000&h=0&p=swd

Attempting to maximize ranged damage and provide slight control as well.

Comments/suggestions?
Post edited by magnaangemon01 on

Comments

• Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I leveled up as ranged. Didn't switch to combat until I was lvl 40. This should help you fairly well for overall structure:

http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=p6n:4z03g:5ywj,1f23iei:6z55v:60000:b0000&h=0&p=swd

It focuses on damage at range, picks up the buff stuff to aid with combat and control the enemy. Not sure if you want PVP or PVE. I assumed PVE and did it appropriately, otherwise I'd tweak feats to be more pvp oriented.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Can you explain why you set it up the way you did?
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is what I did,
    http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=p0z:4yqrg:5ywj,13h0iei:bu55v:60000:b0000&h=0&p=swd

focus is on archery for damage switching into melee for buffs or situationally.

Basic encounters are
    thornward
    rain of arrows or commanding shot
    Split the sky

Basic at wills
    Aimed shot
    Split shot

Dailies
    Seismic Shot
    Forest Ghost

Features
    Aspect of the Falcon
    Twin Blade Storm

some other things that get swapped in regularly are
    disruptive shot
    storm step action
    rapid shot
    constricting arrow
    binding arrow
    foxes cunning

all of these are more dependant on what's going on though
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ~link broke, I'll fix it when I get home~

Similar to Charononus, with a few slight differences.
    - Storm Step is glitched so I don't ever use it and don't recommend using it.
    - Aspect of the Serpent is great if you're hybrid, but I find it clunky and easily replaced with Lone Wolf.
    - As of right now Forest Meditation is glitched as well; you either get the deflection or control immunity, not both. I prefer the deflection.
    - Fox Cunning/Shift is one of your most powerful melee skills and essential in ranged PvP. Take it.
    - Boar Charge is another powerful melee. I like using it on clerics to lock them down and prevent healing
    - Electric Shock is useless, but Clear the Ground is a very effective melee and one of my favorites. In PvP I'll usually pair it with Aimed or Split to help me when people get close.

As for feats
    - Ignore Predatory Action. Your daily skills don't really do much, so spend the points on Toughness for more HP instead.
    - Take Swift Footwork. Mobility is huge for rangers, and to stay mobile we need stamina.

Aside from those most everything looks okay. You'll probably refine it as you go, but it's a good starting point. Good luck and I hope it works for you
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    elminster wrote: »
    ~link broke, I'll fix it when I get home~

Similar to Charononus, with a few slight differences.
    - Storm Step is glitched so I don't ever use it and don't recommend using it.
    - Aspect of the Serpent is great if you're hybrid, but I find it clunky and easily replaced with Lone Wolf.
    - As of right now Forest Meditation is glitched as well; you either get the deflection or control immunity, not both. I prefer the deflection.
    - Fox Cunning/Shift is one of your most powerful melee skills and essential in ranged PvP. Take it.
    - Boar Charge is another powerful melee. I like using it on clerics to lock them down and prevent healing
    - Electric Shock is useless, but Clear the Ground is a very effective melee and one of my favorites. In PvP I'll usually pair it with Aimed or Split to help me when people get close.

As for feats
    - Ignore Predatory Action. Your daily skills don't really do much, so spend the points on Toughness for more HP instead.
    - Take Swift Footwork. Mobility is huge for rangers, and to stay mobile we need stamina.

Aside from those most everything looks okay. You'll probably refine it as you go, but it's a good starting point. Good luck and I hope it works for you

I was going mainly for pve. Oh, and still waiting for that link. :)
  • Options
    kazexkumokazexkumo Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2014
    have you try companion from HR pack with sniper's aim feat? its good.