test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bind on pickup chest item for diferent class - intended or not?

elleffgeeelleffgee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
I just completed the single person instance for the second time, and my great weapon fighter received a set of bind on pickup blue quality bracers for a guardian fighter from the chest after I killed the boss. Was this intentional? Were items changed to bind on pickup after the loot tables were made? I can understand getting a blue item for another class if they were originally designed as bind on equip, because I could trade/sell it to someone else. If the items were designed as bind on pickup from the start, then why give items for a different class - is it intentional to give items that players cannot do anything with but vendor, since we can't give them to the appropriate class as it's bound on pickup?
Post edited by elleffgee on

Comments

• Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The bind on pickup thing seems like an after thought, so it probably was after the loot tables. If the non class BOP are the norm you will have A LOT of people giving up on this game. They could AT LEAST throw us a bone and make it Bound to Account, then an alt could make use of it , heck it might even inspire people to make more characters which seems like a good plan for PWE.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The bind on pickup thing seems like an after thought, so it probably was after the loot tables. If the non class BOP are the norm you will have A LOT of people giving up on this game. They could AT LEAST throw us a bone and make it Bound to Account, then an alt could make use of it , heck it might even inspire people to make more characters which seems like a good plan for PWE.

Except there is no way to transfer items that are bound to account currently. Can't mail them and there is no account wide bank.
  • Options
    satansnemesissatansnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    I have done the solo dungeon 3 times now and never got an item for my class. Even if I did I wouldn't use it, but it is still very <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to give me a bound item I can't use.
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They've said in one of the posts that chests don't give out the right gear yet.
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for calling this out. Even if it's not a bug, it's good feedback that in the normal player experience it feels like a bug. I'll compare notes with our designers.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    terramak wrote: »
    Thanks for calling this out. Even if it's not a bug, it's good feedback that in the normal player experience it feels like a bug. I'll compare notes with our designers.

How is it normal that chest item from sharandar dungeon and dread dungeon give non class item to my GWF when my HR ALWAY get class specific item?
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision