test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3 suggestions I have

r1ot123r1ot123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Instead of making 3 threads, I decided to combine a few suggestions I've thought up into one thread.

1. Perhaps give Astral Seal (Devoted Cleric At-Will) a small AoE effect for the debuff, so that DC's can use it on groups of smaller mobs in one click, instead of trying to use it on every single mob. This would also be nice for when mobs are grouped up, so that we need to use AS only once every 10 seconds or so, instead of trying to hit every single mob in the group. Bonus effect of hitting every mob if a Control Wizard uses that black hole spell that pulls all the mobs into a single spot.

2. Allow us to Salvage non-purple items, just give less Rough Astral Diamonds. Anything from a green item to a purple item could be salvageable. I don't remember how much on average you get for salvaging purple items, but let us just say that you get 5000 RAD (Rough Astral Diamonds) for a purple lvl 60 item, that drops to 2500 RAD for a blue, to 1250 RAD for a green. This could be only for level 60 items, or it could also include lower level items, but with much less RAD earned. This would also be nice, as it would give players a choice as to what they want more, money from vendoring items, RAD for Salvaging items, or AD from selling good items on the AH.

3. Finally, for level 60s, I purpose that we earn either extra money or RAD in addition to Experience (XP) when we turn in a quest. If memory serves, I remember that World of Warcraft did something similar, where after you hit the level cap, your XP turned into extra gold. Also, this will give another reason for 60s to do the Foundry Event, as you'll get more RAD or extra money for finishing each Foundry.

Anyway, just a few suggestions I felt like posting.
Post edited by r1ot123 on

Comments

• xycatxycat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree on your first point, but maybe only make the 'debuff' part into a small aoe (still only damages the main target). And I also agree on your third point, a good one; but personally I'd rather take extra copper then rad, considering the cap (or perhaps a choice reward).
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to break your post into segements
    r1ot123 wrote: »
    Instead of making 3 threads, I decided to combine a few suggestions I've thought up into one thread.

1. Perhaps give Astral Seal (Devoted Cleric At-Will) a small AoE effect, so that DC's can use it on groups of smaller mobs in one click, instead of trying to use it on every single mob. This would also be nice for when mobs are grouped up, so that we need to use AS only once every 10 seconds or so, instead of trying to hit every single mob in the group. Bonus effect of hitting every mob if a Control Wizard uses that black hole spell that pulls all the mobs into a single spot.
    Not really needed past low level. Once you get all your spells.
    2. Allow us to Salvage non-purple items, just give less Rough Astral Diamonds. Anything from a green item to a purple item could be salvageable. I don't remember how much on average you get for salvaging purple items, but let us just say that you get 5000 RAD (Rough Astral Diamonds) for a purple lvl 60 item, that drops to 2500 RAD for a blue, to 1250 RAD for a green. This could be only for level 60 items, or it could also include lower level items, but with much less RAD earned. This would also be nice, as it would give players a choice as to what they want more, money from vendoring items, RAD for Salvaging items, or AD from selling good items on the AH.
    Not needed and would only hurt players in the long run as they'd be trying to refine everything, even though they're capped for a week instead of selling it for gold. Then they'd be complaining that they couldn't buy potions, injury kits, etc. It's already easy to get ad than gold to where I typically flip things for gold.
    3. Finally, for level 60s, I purpose that we earn either money or RAD from Experience (XP) we earn. End game quests seem to give around 4000 XP per quest. What if we turned some of that XP into extra RAD or money? Maybe 1/4 or 1/8 of the XP we earn turns into copper or RAD. If memory serves, I remember that World of Warcraft did something similar, where after you hit the level cap, your XP turned into extra gold.

Anyway, just a few suggestions I felt like posting.
    No, those are nice for leveling up new companions you might like, or for leveling a companion you upgraded from blue to purple. That xp is needed at times.
  • r1ot123r1ot123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    @xycat: I probably should have said that I meant only the debuff would get the AoE treatment, not the damage, as that makes more sense. As to my third point, I was just throwing the idea out there. Perhaps we would be able to choose if we wanted RAD or money when we turn in quests?

@charononus: first point: I'll have to disagree with you, as I use AS alot, both when I was leveling, and as a level 60 DC. But perhaps it's just my playstyle.

second point: By giving the players the option of how they want to use their plunder, it would be up to them to decide if they need more money or RAD/AD. If they need money and they keep salvaging everything, then that's their mistake. But the choice would be up to them.

third point: I choose the wrong word I guess; instead of "turned" or "converting" XP to money/RAD we would get the full XP, in addition to money or RAD.
    edited January 2014
    r1ot123 wrote: »

second point: By giving the players the option of how they want to use their plunder, it would be up to them to decide if they need more money or RAD/AD. If they need money and they keep salvaging everything, then that's their mistake. But the choice would be up to them.
    Thing is you need to protect most players from themselves. You can't rely on them to make educated smart decisions on anything.
  • xycatxycat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Thing is you need to protect most players from themselves. You can't rely on them to make educated smart decisions on anything.

I don't really agree on that one, at all. This is where 'certain' games have gone wrong in the past.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Agree with #1, allows you time to use a different at will even if its just for divinity spam. Also don't worry your dc playstyle is fine astral seal out heals pretty much everything else a dc has over the course of a dungeon, you want it on everything that lives longer than 1 swing.
  • barbotineqcbarbotineqc Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's already easy to get ad than gold to where I typically flip things for gold.

Don't know if I understood well, hope you're not saying it's easier to get AD than Gold.
    It's easier to get dilithium in STo than credits but it's not like that in Neverwinter.

You make 1 skirmish run during the event you get 1000 Astral, and sell for around 70 silver if not more.
    You do your dailies in sharandar you get.... ZERO astral and you can sell for 3-5 gold.

And why do you need gold anyway ? I've got stacks and stacks of potions (looted), never use them.
    You can use it to disenchant some items now but you don't do that everyday and it will cost max what, 1 gold 30 silver ? (was around 40k Astral before).

It's not everybody that can do all dailies (especially Gauntlgrym) to get astrals.
    And even if you manage to get some Astral everyday like I did for a month, you will flush everything in 1 upgrade for companion, or to get Scroll of Identification, to buy something in the Auction House (btw, first game I see where you don't buy stuff in the AH with gold , that's just weird).

seriously for none hardcore gamers , AD IS a problem , because it's hard to get and you need it everywhere !

So I totally agree with the salvage thing.

Astral seal too, it's really hard to Aim in this game and trying to seal every foes around the group is just... a waste of time. So the capacity becomes useless for multiple targets.

for the third proposition , you will need the Xp to level up new companions. Maybe an option to activate or deactivate it like in lotro with some items.

No you don't. RPGs are about assuming the choices you make (like in you skill tree etc).
    Worst scenario they don't have enough gold, well the game is Free, they're free to make an other character or just go out there and work to get some gold.

And this is a very condescending sentence ....
    edited January 2014
    Don't know if I understood well, hope you're not saying it's easier to get AD than Gold.
    It's easier to get dilithium in STo than credits but it's not like that in Neverwinter.

You make 1 skirmish run during the event you get 1000 Astral, and sell for around 70 silver if not more.
    You do your dailies in sharandar you get.... ZERO astral and you can sell for 3-5 gold.

And why do you need gold anyway ? I've got stacks and stacks of potions (looted), never use them.
    You can use it to disenchant some items now but you don't do that everyday and it will cost max what, 1 gold 30 silver ? (was around 40k Astral before).

It's not everybody that can do all dailies (especially Gauntlgrym) to get astrals.
    And even if you manage to get some Astral everyday like I did for a month, you will flush everything in 1 upgrade for companion, or to get Scroll of Identification, to buy something in the Auction House (btw, first game I see where you don't buy stuff in the AH with gold , that's just weird).

seriously for none hardcore gamers , AD IS a problem , because it's hard to get and you need it everywhere !

So I totally agree with the salvage thing.

Astral seal too, it's really hard to Aim in this game and trying to seal every foes around the group is just... a waste of time. So the capacity becomes useless for multiple targets.

for the third proposition , you will need the Xp to level up new companions. Maybe an option to activate or deactivate it like in lotro with some items.
    Do some dungeons you'll use potions and injury kits. A good day of playing I can get a least two to three days of rad. I'll maybe get 2-3 gold which is barely enough for anything.
    edited January 2014
    Do some dungeons you'll use potions and injury kits. A good day of playing I can get a least two to three days of rad. I'll maybe get 2-3 gold which is barely enough for anything.

Well farm some gold then, like in Every MMO ever.(and it's really easy to get some in Neverwinter).
    Usually in games, players are doing raids at the end of the week , where they lose a lot of gold and they're using the rest of the week to farm dailies etc to get some gold. That's how it works.

Thing is it takes 1h00 to do the 3 area of sharandar for dailies , you will sell for 3-5 gold at the end + the silver from quests. You can buy like 15 injury kit and 15 health potion with that. (and if you need 15 injury in 1 dungeon, I don't know how you are farming astrals by dying that much).
    + trash loot in the dungeon.

Really it's easy to get some gold once you're 60.

I mean , gold is used only for potions and injury kit. You don't have a house to pay or to repair your gear. Or to pay your fast travel... easy !

But don't tell me it's easy to get 300 000 astral and to see them being used to get a companion from green to blue... That's just absurd !
    And it's clearly to force more casual players to pay and pay and pay.

I'm just hoping that with time they will release a lot more ways to make astral (like they did with the dilithium in STo). But for now it's hard to get
  • r1ot123r1ot123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just edited my original post; hopefully that'll clarify some of what I wrote.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Run leadership tasks. Barrels of good from 'Fight off Spellplagued' or the blue boxes from other tasks will take care of your potion and gold needs in pretty short order. If you're going through that many injury kits, then you may need to reexamine your build or the teams you are running with...

Also, when you run Feywild or Shadowmantle dailies - they each give several silver each, and ID'd level 60 blue items sell for about 34 silver each. I usually get 3 or more blues per trio of missions, so that's another gold there.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited January 2014
    Well farm some gold then, like in Every MMO ever.(and it's really easy to get some in Neverwinter).
    Usually in games, players are doing raids at the end of the week , where they lose a lot of gold and they're using the rest of the week to farm dailies etc to get some gold. That's how it works.
    Yeah umm no. I'm doing somewhere over 1mil ad week, I'll stick with buying stuff off the ah and flipping it for gold rather than boring myself to tears farming.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm just hoping that with time they will release a lot more ways to make astral (like they did with the dilithium in STo). But for now it's hard to get

They just spent 6 months eliminating most ways to farm AD from the game , I wouldn't count on them adding any new ways . Examples being Dungeon drops and DD chests mainly changed to BoP , seal gear all changed to BoP , GG coin gear all changed to BoP ,glory gear all changed to BoP , reinforced Gauntlets ( not sure about lvl 60 crafted weapons from the 2 piece sets ) changed to BoP and the list goes on.
    edited January 2014
    Yeah umm no. I'm doing somewhere over 1mil ad week, I'll stick with buying stuff off the ah and flipping it for gold rather than boring myself to tears farming.

over a million a week...

you can refine only 168 000 per character per week.
    You'll need to get 24k RaD per day on 6 characters to get 1 million. Then you're playing 6 to 8 characters everyday to get 24k. Takes what ? 4-5-6 hours to get 24k on one character ?
    So you see, MOST ppl can't play 28h/24h. And so MOST ppl need to get more ways to get ADs.

To conclude , you can't say it's easier to get ADs when it takes you more than 5h of game every single day to have a nice income while you only need 1 or 2 hours to get around 15 Gold or even more.

Like it was said before, just lvl leadership and you will have more potions and gold than inventory slot.
    edited January 2014
    over a million a week...

you can refine only 168 000 per character per week.
    You'll need to get 24k RaD per day on 6 characters to get 1 million. Then you're playing 6 to 8 characters everyday to get 24k. Takes what ? 4-5-6 hours to get 24k on one character ?
    So you see, MOST ppl can't play 28h/24h. And so MOST ppl need to get more ways to get ADs.

To conclude , you can't say it's easier to get ADs when it takes you more than 5h of game every single day to have a nice income while you only need 1 or 2 hours to get around 15 Gold or even more.

Like it was said before, just lvl leadership and you will have more potions and gold than inventory slot.
    7 characters with leadership, no they don't all hit cap and lots of sales in the ah which are better because no refine cap.
    edited January 2014
    7 characters with leadership, no they don't all hit cap and lots of sales in the ah which are better because no refine cap.

So wait, you've got 7 characters with leadership and still having a gold issue ? When in that case maybe try to just spend less ...

You can't die in solo (well, once you're geared anyway, and I'm guessing you're well geared with 1mil to spend in the AH) and once you've find some good players to group with, dungeons are quite easy.
    (little note on that btw, it's like the first MMOrpg where I can do high level dailies and quests without fearing death...)

Like Bioshrike said, you need to rethink something if you need that many injury kit.
    edited January 2014
    So wait, you've got 7 characters with leadership and still having a gold issue ? When in that case maybe try to just spend less ...

You can't die in solo (well, once you're geared anyway, and I'm guessing you're well geared with 1mil to spend in the AH) and once you've find some good players to group with, dungeons are quite easy.
    (little note on that btw, it's like the first MMOrpg where I can do high level dailies and quests without fearing death...)

Like Bioshrike said, you need to rethink something if you need that many injury kit.
    I do fine most the time but my gold my gold income < my ad income. That was the point. Sorry you can't seem to grasp that. It is far easier to make ad by doing enjoyable things than to make gold. Making gold is a soul sucking grind. It's as bad as fishing for lights during the winter festival.
    edited January 2014
    I do fine most the time but my gold my gold income < my ad income. That was the point. Sorry you can't seem to grasp that. It is far easier to make ad by doing enjoyable things than to make gold. Making gold is a soul sucking grind. It's as bad as fishing for lights during the winter festival.

Yeah fishing for lights... I'm trying to forget about that.
    Well I was actually thinking to spend few $ to get 7 characters and level leadership just for astrals xD