test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Timeless or Regent?

aphoticaphotic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I am speced into prot and I'm not sure which is the best gear, timeless or regent?
Any help would be great!

Thank you
Post edited by aphotic on

Comments

• Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Knight Captain - the only reason id pick a gf thats not a friend/guildie/somebody i want to help

regent is good for PvP, timeless is good if you want to do dps(though in mod2 doubt u would get close to gwf/cw/hr), but for PvE there is nothing even close to Knight Captain, that 4 pc bonus is epic. on my gwf it would give me ~ 5k power :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    on my Protector GF i use the Grand Regent i love it keeps me alive and using Knights Valor( when it doesnt bug out ) along with Enforced Threat and lunging strike i have no problems with agro management. I have a Conquerer GF as well in Grand Regent and he is awesome gets a nice power boost from 4 piece set and with is feat bonus he is a blast. my thrid GF is in Timeless and is a tactician gf. Does great in survivability due to the defelect and the power is nice to help with agro managment. my guild loves running with my tanks and love that they get to choose what kind to run with =).
  • Options
    remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I actually swap thru 4 sets...
    -KC to buff parties with 2+ CWs
    -GR for tanking (maybe soon replaced by fey seal armor?)
    -IW for kiting (due to runspeed bonus)
    -Timeless for epeen and pure dps.

Probably overkill, but I like to be flexible...
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    PVE wise Knight Captain hands down the best.

If you plan on using credit card then Timelss+ full rank 10 radiant BIS dps build works as well.

PVP depends on build the new dread legion is nice hence the lifesteal.

Grand Regent has always been the terrible set. Every GF I encounter that run this set are bad GF as a matter of fact...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    PVE wise Knight Captain hands down the best.

If you plan on using credit card then Timelss+ full rank 10 radiant BIS dps build works as well.

PVP depends on build the new dread legion is nice hence the lifesteal.

Grand Regent has always been the terrible set. Every GF I encounter that run this set are bad GF as a matter of fact...
    love how your fact about GF that run with Grand Regent is more of an opinion. like i said i have 2 GFs that run with Grand regent and do perfectly fine in MC and in VT. I prefer to play with what i want than to be the same cardboard cut out as everyone else.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    love how your fact about GF that run with Grand Regent is more of an opinion. like i said i have 2 GFs that run with Grand regent and do perfectly fine in MC and in VT. I prefer to play with what i want than to be the same cardboard cut out as everyone else.

PVE is too easy. Even causal player(looking at you) can handle all of them with average gear.

I can play any class with any build and make it work in PVE cause I can play.

My point: I am looking at things in a more serious angle, as more of a end game player. No good GF i know run grand regent set no matter in PVP or PVE. Not because we are all copycats, it is just because it sucks. Being able to do dungeon in this game proves little about your skill as a GF or a player. Not saying using grand regent would kill you, but as your teammate seeing you on grand regent set would make me wanna kill myself, honestly I would just kick you unless I know you.

And in ultimate case, no group run with a GF, there are just better choices.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    1 of my GF's that uses the Grand Regent has over 1k Regen and 1k Life steal its works real well in pvp as well as pve.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The best one is Indomitable Champion, by a large margin in fact, the 10% movement bonus in a world of diminishing returns is by far the best choice for PvP or PvE, with any other set (even KC which is a little overrated as the bonus is only active 30ish% of the time) you will be in Def soft cap, you will have a decent power (more than that if you run conq) you will go over 22% Arp, and get good deflection/reg/lifesteal depends on your choices...

If you can really choose, set the bar on IC, rank 9s-10s on mov slots, and mov enhancer artifacts, and you will be awesome.
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My Conq GF has four sets:

Timeless Hero for solo content and maximized DPS in PVE
    2x2 Grand Regent/Fabled Iliyanbruen for a more tanky setup in PVE (might switch to 2x2 Fabled Iliyanbruen/Dread Legion eventually because with artifacts you can trade some Regen for Life Steal)
    Knight Captain for PVE
    Indomitable Champion for kiting situations

Which set I use is highly dependent on the group (setup). I normally start with the 2x2 or Timeless Hero and switch after getting a closer look on the parties needs. Knight Captain is a nice set, but without Deflect or Regen boost you should really only use it in situations where you want to buff an already superior group. Otherwise I'd choose to add more tankibility or own DPS to the mix.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    1 of my GF's that uses the Grand Regent has over 1k Regen and 1k Life steal its works real well in pvp as well as pve.

Your over 1K regen statement has just rat you out.

In PVP your 1K regen is nothing.

And I am sure you feel strong when u just stomp some pug in PVP.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Folks, learn to play nicely with each other..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]