test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devoted cleric tips?

kingofchinkingofchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
edited January 2014 in The Temple
hey guys i want to make a cleric but wanted to know the best race and wat stats i should role to maximize my self i want to be fully pvp based and 100% healing plz help and thanks to anyone who gets back to me any other tips would be nices
Post edited by kingofchin on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, a Dwarf has stats that mesh well with the DC, though the human gets to pick +2 to one stat and the extra 3 heroic feat points might help a lot too. Other than that, you might be better off checking the class sub-forums...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, i think i am the one who use the odd build like you requested.

Halfling with Dex/Cha option, 14 dex 13 str 10 con 11 int 15 wis 17 cha. Put 4 points into dex, 3 into wis 1 into cha.
    Final result 20 dex 20 wis 20 cha (20/20/20)
    Path: AC
    Feat:
    Faithful: temp hp feat, Linked Spirit, Exaltation feat, HG feat. Last point into rising hope OR invigorated heal to trigger 100% uptime of Divine advantage
    Righteous: 5/5 or 4/5 DA (1/5 rising hope), any divinity gen feat u like.

Power:
    Divine Armor, HG
    SF, BoB
    SB, Ex, AS
    A. Armor, AHS
  • kingofchinkingofchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited January 2014
    hey guys thanks for the tips would like to know if anyone else has any other ideas?
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Questions about "best" race, build, or power load-out are tough since everyone has their own idea of what is best. This subforum already has a number of threads on builds.

For my own DC, I strongly favor the Righteous tree for PvP functionality and overall quality of life. Healing Step is one of the best DC feats in the game, hugely increasing your mobility and damage/control-immune frames with additional dodges.

DO and AC are both very viable Paragon Paths. There is a lot of discussion on the boards already as to which path is potentially best suited to which playstyle or situation.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited January 2014
    Yup, vorphied is correct, pvp cleric tends to go righteous to get the healing step for survival. But if u want to pvp while heal at the same time, sacrifice your healing step and get a healing HG. Btw healing "100%" is a bad idea, mitigate> heal as we have no big great burst heal to heal their hp to full. We should help to increase their mitigation by Ex, HG, AS so our heal is sufficient to top them off. I am not a fan of HW, since most of the time those p.vorpal/rank 8+ guy burst your team down in seconds, an extra regen tick isn't enough. I take the damage immune Exaltation instead. If you follow my build, mitigation MUST be prioritize before maxing your healing ability!! Hope can see you after one or two weeks in pvp.
    edited January 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Yup, vorphied is correct, pvp cleric tends to go righteous to get the healing step for survival. But if u want to pvp while heal at the same time, sacrifice your healing step and get a healing HG. Btw healing "100%" is a bad idea, mitigate> heal as we have no big great burst heal to heal their hp to full. We should help to increase their mitigation by Ex, HG, AS so our heal is sufficient to top them off. I am not a fan of HW, since most of the time those p.vorpal/rank 8+ guy burst your team down in seconds, an extra regen tick isn't enough. I take the damage immune Exaltation instead. If you follow my build, mitigation MUST be prioritize before maxing your healing ability!! Hope can see you after one or two weeks in pvp.

Two big arguments in favor of HW in PvP, though...

1. Ethereal Boon grants Divine Power between the cooldown of each charge of Healing Word, making it very useful for helping to maintain your Divinity while dishing out HoT from range. It also generates AP per cast, which is not insignificant considering its 3 charges.

2. While HW alone may not save most characters from a concentrated burst, the added HoT is a significant support over time, especially in combination with Regeneration, potions, and other sources of healing. Also reduces reliance on map healing potions between big fights. A well-placed Divine HW can help a struggling or freshly Soulforged character bounce back faster, while a preemptive HW can make the difference between surviving long enough to pop that Divine Armor or not (HG is a great daily, but nothing turns the tide like a well-timed DA).
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited January 2014
    I agree with HW use in pvp. SB HW AS is still a standard set for DODC, I also used it when i was a DO.

AC got a new Exaltation skill (which i like), between SB and HW i abandon HW. SB (heal/push/synergy with AHS to give temp hp/low cd/AP gen/linked spirit/rising hope) is better than traditional HW. However if i go pvp with some immortal gwf from my guild, i drop AS and use SB Ex HW instead, since they ignore my AS and still can live quite well. I still have 3/3 HW in my power sheet though.

To the divinity generation part in HW, i disagree with the use ethereal boon. If u relying HW to generate Divinity, it is better to do with Divine Fortune which cost a slot for class feature. I don't think spamming 3 HW to get 30% of a div bar is good though. I will pick Divine advantage for more mitigation instead. However it is still your choice to pick any feats, these are only suggestions.

In conclusion, the reason i didn't use HW in pvp is because i am AC, using Ex instead. If you are a DO, go with the standard "SB HW AS". No one is posting a formal PvP AC guide yet so new AC usually follow their own build and playstyle. Good luck and stay away from old 60's, especially those with caturday survival title. 99.99% of them are overgeared.
    edited January 2014
    I agree with HW use in pvp. SB HW AS is still a standard set for DODC, I also used it when i was a DO.

AC got a new Exaltation skill (which i like), between SB and HW i abandon HW. SB (heal/push/synergy with AHS to give temp hp/low cd/AP gen/linked spirit/rising hope) is better than traditional HW. However if i go pvp with some immortal gwf from my guild, i drop AS and use SB Ex HW instead, since they ignore my AS and still can live quite well. I still have 3/3 HW in my power sheet though.

To the divinity generation part in HW, i disagree with the use ethereal boon. If u relying HW to generate Divinity, it is better to do with Divine Fortune which cost a slot for class feature. I don't think spamming 3 HW to get 30% of a div bar is good though. I will pick Divine advantage for more mitigation instead. However it is still your choice to pick any feats, these are only suggestions.

In conclusion, the reason i didn't use HW in pvp is because i am AC, using Ex instead. If you are a DO, go with the standard "SB HW AS". No one is posting a formal PvP AC guide yet so new AC usually follow their own build and playstyle. Good luck and stay away from old 60's, especially those with caturday survival title. 99.99% of them are overgeared.

For record, I am an old, overgeared 60 with a Caturday Survivor Title available :P

AS never leaves my bar except for solo play. Divine Fortune I prefer to manage without since it eats a Class Feature slot, but I have it ranked up just in case I should ever want to take advantage of it. Divine Advantage is a great feat, and I take it as well. Ethereal Boon works well because it grants Divine Power on the cooldown of all your encounters; it just happens to work especially well with HW, which you constantly cast anyway.

As AC, I actually take option B most of the time: I drop SB rather than HW. SB has great utility, and I'm a big fan of the power, but it's just as difficult for me to give up the constant stream of HP and ranged burst heal potential of HW. Thus I usually end up with AS/Ex/HW for PvP and most PvE.

In any case, whether you do it the way jazzfong described, the way I described, or the way half a dozen other DC players might describe, you can find a setup that works well for your own playstyle. If you look at the DC community on these forums, you can gather that we collectively more or less agree that there are a few feats and powers that are best left on the table, and beyond that anything goes.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited January 2014
    One question to vorphied, erm... do u stay behind the group and heal (SF/ASeal) or stay at the frontline (SF/BoB). I go front line and i feel that HW isn't so amazing as SB, with SB i can push those GF GWF TR HR and even DC from me. DC are free kills for those overgeared killer, HW somehow cannot save me from cc chain/burst. You use blues or MH set?
    edited January 2014
    One question to vorphied, erm... do u stay behind the group and heal (SF/ASeal) or stay at the frontline (SF/BoB). I go front line and i feel that HW isn't so amazing as SB, with SB i can push those GF GWF TR HR and even DC from me. DC are free kills for those overgeared killer, HW somehow cannot save me from cc chain/burst. You use blues or MH set?

Front line support for me (BoB/ASeal). I like HW for the constant healing on myself and for the ability to support allies from all ranges.

Sunburst is great at what it does, but I find that it doesn't always help against the biggest threats. All 3 primary melee classes have mechanics that allow them to ignore CC, and good players will either bait a Divine Sunburst and Guard/Unstoppable/ITC or will just hold off on their encounters until they know you have it on cooldown.

The major problem for a DC is a half-decent CW, and Sunburst doesn't heal enough without proccing Repurpose Soul to be an effective heal, nor will it be effective as a CC against a ranged target.

As a DO I would definitely go back to Sunburst. As AC, I would consider swapping it in and out with HW; I just find myself preferring HW for most situations.

I use MH set with defense slot +HP/+Def/Deflect accessories (e.g. Ancient Priest's Ring of Burning Light) with Skull, Waters, and Catalog.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited January 2014
    One of my reason to use sunburst is I am using feytouch enchant, although it is broken (does apply debuff but didn't buff us back) with some skills like Daunting Light and Chains etc but it does help team a lot. I tried BoB/ASeal with my alt, the animation is too slow and i cant generate divinity as fast as SF/BoB. I think i will stick to SF, btw ASeal heals is the same amount no matter 1 point or 3 points right?
    edited January 2014
    One of my reason to use sunburst is I am using feytouch enchant, although it is broken (does apply debuff but didn't buff us back) with some skills like Daunting Light and Chains etc but it does help team a lot. I tried BoB/ASeal with my alt, the animation is too slow and i cant generate divinity as fast as SF/BoB. I think i will stick to SF, btw ASeal heals is the same amount no matter 1 point or 3 points right?

Using SB with Feytouched does make a lot of sense. I can totally understand that choice.

The Divinity generation with BoB/ASeal doesn't bother me as much as I had first expected. Partly because I invest in Ethereal Boon, partly because BoB generates a decent chunk of Divine Power on hit (and spamming ASeal isn't all that much worse than SF, DP-wise). As DO I ran with BotS/ASeal, so it was definitely a change for me.

The tooltip doesn't indicate that ASeal has an increased heal with rank, but I'm not sure how it calculates its healing. For example, if you crit with your Seal, the heals it provides all become crits as well, so that suggests to me that the heal could be tied to the initial damage inflicted (just speculating because I really don't know). I think the ranks are worth it regardless because they add to the duration.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited January 2014
    Especially the feat "power of life", where ASeal heals increased by 10%. If ASeal mechanic is like lifesteal buff, for example returns 5% of your damage as heal to you then how much is the bonus 10%? Is it 5%+10%=15% or 5.5% lifesteal? No one knows about that as well as Sacred Flame temp hp bonus. If SF grants 200 temp hp then 10% more is 220 temp hp = useless, better if the 10% is added into the percentage, not multiplied into it.

However, till now no one knows the bonus healing from these feats and Healer's Lore will boost our healing. Most of our heal depends on the percentage of HP or max HP (feated HG, invigorated healing, Astral shield) and the damage we do instead (Forgemaster's Flame, Sunburst, Repurpose Soul, ASeal). I wonder the 5%/10%/15% bonus healing from powers and feats really help in our healing? Still.... No one knows....
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kingofchin wrote: »
    hey guys thanks for the tips would like to know if anyone else has any other ideas?

Yes, check Cleric description - get to the part about Righteousness - then proceed to spam the Temple forum for several pages.....

then re-roll
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you don't like tanky builds: Half elf or sun elf. WIS/CHA is a good starting choice, but later, you'll want STR/WIS, because crits is the only way to be better at everything (healing, damage) when you're pretty well geared. If you enjoy being passive and taking hits while regen is doing the job, see above.
    edited January 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    If you don't like tanky builds: Half elf or sun elf. WIS/CHA is a good starting choice, but later, you'll want STR/WIS, because crits is the only way to be better at everything (healing, damage) when you're pretty well geared. If you enjoy being passive and taking hits while regen is doing the job, see above.

On a side note, there's really no such thing as being passive while playing DC. Even a super-defensive node troll build requires that the player constantly be on the move, paying attention to everyone, and attacking whenever possible. Also, with the addition of artifacts, you can now achieve solid defenses while maintaining strong heals and high critical chance.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• rizz25rizz25 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey everyone I am new to the game was wondering about some tips for the cleric I have always healed in MMO kinda of games was wondering if you guys could give me some advice for a new player
    edited January 2014
    Pick any race any roll, do all quest and go pvp at level x5-x9 (15-19,35-39 etc). After playing for 2 weeks until u feel u know all mechanics, delete it and start again with the rolls and race u like or to reach optimal. First character we make is usually do-and-throw, but it will contribute to your new playstyle and teach you what u should do at that situation. After u know how to heal and how to play, redo all from level 1 and u will find out the game is easy to master and there are a lot of fun from it (UNLESS u met us training our alt, u will still get killed by us in pvp, sometimes is gear factor sometimes is timing and experience factor.)