test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A couple of PVP Videos I made [GWF]

ytjayytjay Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPeSancRQvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx7YSvicsaI

I will start doing some on my rogue since my GWF is pretty overpowered.

IGN: Jaguar@ytjay [Conscious Theory]
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice job :) Big, shiny orange floating numbers, huh? Some might think you were PvEing at that damage :P

Anyway, cool videos.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cool videos man.

I see why I never decided to play a GWF though, looks gawdawful boring. Get good gear, facetank everything, smash buttons..Watch noobies die, rinse and repeat.

I think I would literally fall asleep and face plant my keyboard at how boring the GWF looks to play.

Good play man, hope to see you in game sometime!
  • ytjayytjay Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
    edited January 2014
    Well being a GWF isn't always easy.. if there's a good enough rogue who can perma stealth I will struggle unless I can get a knock down on them & then you get competition from other GWFs in the game. To be honest I'm instigator build which not many people know what to do with, sentinels are just tanky & destroyers are just damage. If anyone wants to come pvp with me sometime add me :)
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    ytjay wrote: »
    Well being a GWF isn't always easy.. if there's a good enough rogue who can perma stealth I will struggle unless I can get a knock down on them & then you get competition from other GWFs in the game. To be honest I'm instigator build which not many people know what to do with, sentinels are just tanky & destroyers are just damage. If anyone wants to come pvp with me sometime add me :)

Fix threatening rush and all the tears will be wiped.
    edited January 2014
    Hmm.. threatening rush doesn't bother me that much either way, but yeah maybe it can work via charges like the rogues knives
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Cool videos man.

I see why I never decided to play a GWF though, looks gawdawful boring. Get good gear, facetank everything, smash buttons..Watch noobies die, rinse and repeat.

I think I would literally fall asleep and face plant my keyboard at how boring the GWF looks to play.

Good play man, hope to see you in game sometime!

Well said... That sums up GWF gameplay in PVP perfectly... When I play a GWF i simply feel like I am a GF enhanced version, same boring lvl but much stronger.
  • f2pnwf2pnw Member Posts: 98
    edited January 2014
    esteena wrote: »
    Fix threatening rush and all the tears will be wiped.

hehe not realy then the new wave of tr is coming.
    nerf for gwf is instant buff for tr lol.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well, one thing to consider. Your damages are good - bleed "low" considering you have a perfect vorpal / greater - over its resistance + / -. This effect is balanced.

This super mobility is that it seems to me exaggerated ... I had not yet seen the iv into action in pvp

ps: now a see. destroyer.so the resistance is not as high.
  • swagpopsswagpops Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can we see your powers and feats please??
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what`s the use of posting vids playing vs people in greens and greys, and wrong specs.
    i`d like to see that overpowered gladly back if you dare posting a bit more balanced stuf.

don`t know what you`re fighting against, because if you oneshot someone with a 16k hit, i wonder what they wear. because my 1.6k gs lvl 60 rogue has even 19k hp
    yes you read that right 1.6k
    he`s wearing lvl 12 and lvl 26 stuf and greys.
    edited January 2014
    If I'm honest I've been in numerous pvp guilds and I still hit the same on them in the 1v1 situations, the only thing that may save them is their HP, my IBS rips through defense somehow.
  • abelieverabeliever Member Posts: 36
    edited January 2014
    Although I quite enjoy watching combat videos, and would strongly encourage the production and posting of same, I must say, that in this particular instance, it seems that you are huffing and puffing here.

One might think that this would translate to one's worth being thus akin to that of the blue footed booby. However, unlike that bird, nothing to be proud of has been displayed here.

Massacring a myriad of new level 60's in thier dim greens and blues, while you shine ever so bightly in your glowing perfect enchanted purples and golds, may strike fear in those , oh so unfortunate, newbies. But i doubt that it will impress your equally-geared, more appropriately battle-tested veteran opponents, who have chosen not to demean themselves thusly.

Fight the real veteran pre-mades and post those vids. Do a 1v1 vs Alysin, or a premade that he is in, and post those. Bragging rights under that or similar situation(s) would be well-earned, well-deserved, and given freely, and openly.
    edited January 2014
    Video wasn't for bragging & I'm PVE - I just posted it out of boredum