test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Malabog lag? Is it just me?

k1572k1572 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello all, Im just curious if anyone else is experiencing this or is it just me? And if there is a fix on my end or something on the games end.
My issue is this. I have ZERO, nadda, zilch amount of lag in neverwinter EXCEPT for the outdoor area (very begining) of Malabog Castle. The lag there is horrible and moving is out of the question. Once inside, Im back to lag free gaming. What gives?
Post edited by k1572 on

Comments

• mycillemycille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited January 2014
    you need to turn shadows off and put lightning on low.

i had the same issues since module 2 and saw that it was related to shadows or something in one post soon after December 5.
  • chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well you guys are lucky. I have a windows vista (terrible) and I experience maybe 2-3 fps on all low settings at protectors enclave. I usualy get 20-30 in every other area though, so it's playable but Enclave is a nightmare.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lag or performance drops(many ppl dont know the difference), if its performance then switch to dx9 in graphic options(who needs dx11 when we can use dx9 just like in 2002) they fd smth up hard with mod2 giving 1~5 fps on any settings on a pc that can run games looking better than neverwinter on max settings

and learn what lag is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag
    Paladin Master Race
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Member Posts: 568 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    lag or performance drops(many ppl dont know the difference), if its performance then switch to dx9 in graphic options(who needs dx11 when we can use dx9 just like in 2002) they fd smth up hard with mod2 giving 1~5 fps on any settings on a pc that can run games looking better than neverwinter on max settings

and learn what lag is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag
    Yeah, I run into this a lot in my support for other games. People have no clue about what the different is between lag (latency) and low FPS.

Most commonly, if you are experiencing an increase in latency, it's either localized to your network, or one of the many router connections that your data passes through on it's way to the server.

Also, here's a couple of interesting articles...
    Lag vs FPS
    How to get rid of Lag guide.
    They're a bit older, but still fairly accurate for a lot of players.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    not sure if it's shadows or water/ice graphics but they messed something up with Module 2. Not sure what they changed but during the time there was the "graphics settings resetting every time you log in" bug, might have something to do with it. Tip I got in game that solved it for me was I turned Max Physics Debris Objects down to 50 from 200, with all other settings at absolute max and haven't had any issues.

if you are on Nvidia card they also released a new driver which allegedly handles gfx issues NW has better. I didn't notice much of a difference, other than txaa AA option, which makes everything look super blurry for no reason so i went back to msaa.
  • morduumorduu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have performance issues there as well. I didn't initially, but after around the Module 2 expansion, it started to get bad in the outdoor sections of the instance.
  • crazykvexcrazykvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A guildie of mine was saying it's a problem with amd's too.
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's a problem with this game trying to fry gpu's.
  • crazykvexcrazykvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    A guildie of mine was saying it's a problem with amd's too.
    I think ATI is from AMD (I've seen AMD Radeon and ATI Radeon)... so it seems to add up
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not having any specific issues with Lag in MC but when I first go into a lot of zones and I'm on my mount I will get a "freeze" of about 2-3 seconds where everything stops then it continues normally it only happens in Dread and Shar for the most part when I first zone into them (I do play with everything fully maxed out but I'm running a machine that should be able to do NW at its absolute maximum without breaking a sweat as it a cutting edge 780 Ti SLI rig with 32 GB RAM, i7 12mb proc gaming machine and I'm on a 250 down 25 up fiber connection
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Happens to me in several areas, Malabog, Winter Event monster killing and a few other areas I can't recall now (one is at some point in Spellplague Caverns)...
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same lag appears at the end stage of the Sharandar introductory quest right after you killed that boss Cyclops. You lag your way to Sharandar after that.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The game is badly optimized. I run Nvidia 690 and I have like 10 FPS and graphic bugs from time to time (often), while I have 120 FPS in Battlefield 4 on ultra on a 64 slot server.

Not to mention all the rubber-banding etc in Neverwinter. Buts that's a whole different problem and according to the support my whole guild (spread out all over the world) should talk to our ISPs and try forwarding ports..

Hopefully they will resolves these problems due time..

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁