test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Functionality - Please dont tack it on..Suggestions..

dragonbane1977dragonbane1977 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
The versatility and function of Guilds is very important in an MMO, and having a robust Guild UI is paramount. Here are some suggestions that I hope are already implemented or coming soon.

-Guild Bank (must have)
-Adjustable preferences for Guild Bank permissions
-Adjustable Rank Titles
-Many permission choices for different Ranks
-Guild XP and Guild Levels
-Guild Achievements
-Guild Perks (all characters in Guild get it passively, such as more loot, xp, ect)
-Customizable Guild Roster
-Guild Log (Very important! Know who has joined/left, ect, who has taken out money from bank)
-Please don't make it too hard to get a guild up and running or too expensive
-Guild Halls (for End-game)
_Guild Quests that give Guild XP - The more people in Guild doing quests, the faster the Guild levels up!
-Guild Tabard or Cloak or Sash to designate you a member of the Guild

Any other suggestions? /discuss.
Post edited by dragonbane1977 on

Comments

• karischkarisch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The most important things for me, that i find extreemely irritating when missing is the ability to see when someone last logged in, so you can see who has been active/inactive.

All of your comments tho are points that are very much needed in games, the ability to manage to roster via ranks etc are very important!

oh one thing that comes to mind that I have found missing in some games is the ability to choose to have log on announcements, so you can see when guildies log into game.
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great thoughts!

The only thing I would add some kind of guild connection to the Foundry system above and beyond.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    One of my biggest complaints with WoW guilds is that I could not invite my own alts to the guild even when I am the guild owner/leader. That's a functionality I'd like to see in the game.
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I have to say, it's because of almost all of the OP's points that I've remained a soloist for the better part of a decade in MMOs. That's just me, though, and I don't see it changing any time soon.
  • dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It would also be nice to setup game chat with a persons mobile devise. If I am logged out of the game then people can contact me through game chat and I can respond to them back through game chat. IE "Sorry guys I'm 5 minutes from home" This msg going to guild chat or whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We will be discussing these things in the guild episode of the NOCS
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganiriesganiries Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If they add in-game voice chat, being able to have a guild voice channel may be nice. Played mmos with many of the things listed and they do add to the game.
    I have to say, it's because of almost all of the OP's points that I've remained a soloist for the better part of a decade in MMOs.

I like a solo style myself most of the time and an over-enthusiastic guild that requires certain things can be a drag. I've actually made alts so a guild couldn't see when I was online, lol. Overwhelmingly it depends on the guild and the leadership!
    Ornament-3.gif
  • arundooarundoo Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great suggestions, hope we get most of that list if not all.

More more to add, ability to be in multiple guilds would be lovely, so I can join my roleplaying guild aswell as my raiding/PVe guild.
    Neverwinter Roleplay community: http://www.NW-RP.com
  • steno93steno93 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Personally, being the founder of a guild I think it needs new capabilities and powers. I think it is important to being able to give privileges to individual players and not only to a guild's rank. In addition, the guild bank should be equipped with a deposit of astral diamonds. You must also add the ability to organize guild events already set as the maps of resistance in which the group must resist as much as possible to the waves, treasure hunt, races like the winter festival, modes of team game who are not only pvp and dungeons. It would be interesting to add guild's achievements. In addition in PVP should be added the opportunity to play between players of the same guild or against players from other guilds automatically. In this game, the guild is given little importance and priority is given to the single player .. and the players as a result does not participate in the life of guild ..