test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Class Balance Patch Notes Id LIKE to see....

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
This is just some Combat and Balance things I would like to see from a collection of feedback I have seen and heard from many players.

Combat and Balance
  • Great Weapon Fighter Feat: Powerful Challenge will no longer give a 15% damage boost, it will now provide a 20% increased threat boost when dealing damage to a marked target.
  • Great Weapon Fighter Feat: Sentinel's Aegis Now only provides 10% increased defense effectiveness (down from 20%)
  • Great Weapon Fighter Feat: Instegator's Vengeance now provides a 15% damage increase after taking damage for 5 seconds. Switched from a 12% damage boost removed when taking damage for 3 seconds.
  • Great Weapon Fighter Unstoppable: Determination gained is now based upon percentage of health lost rather than damage taken. A 50% Unstoppable is available after losing 15% HP and a 100% Unstoppable is available after losing 30% HP. This removes some of the extreme synery between stacking HP and unstoppable.
  • Trickster Rogue Feat: Sneak Attack now increases stealth duration by 10%/5%/5% instead of increasing runspeed by 10%/10%/10% while stealthed.
  • Trickster Rogue Stealth: Using at-will powers while in stealth now slightly reduces stealth meter.
  • Trickster Rogue Encounter: Lashing Blade. The in stealth benefit no longer provides 100% crit chance but a 50% reduced cooldown of the encounter.
  • Trickster Rogue Encounter: Impact Shot. The range of this encounter has been slightly reduced. The zero charge consumption while in stealth has been removed but still stuns the target on use.
  • Trickster Rogue Encounter: Deft Strike now briefly dazes the target instead of slows.
  • Trickster Rogue Daily: Shocking Execution. Now only receives a damage boost when used on a target under 50% HP.
  • Guardian Fighter Block: This Feature has been re-worked. Block is now based upon stamina meter which is not reduced by taking damage. This makes the block ability more useful in group scenarios.
  • Guardian Fighter Tab: This ability has been reworked and labeled a "Strong Mark" in which the player must attack the guardian fighter three times to remove the mark benefits. Contrast to a "weak mark" applied by various abilities that just takes one attack to remove.
  • Guardian Fighter Feat: Enhanced Mark. Now generates more threat to marked targets and increases the number of attacks needed to remove mark.
  • Guardian Fighter Feat: Iron Guard. Now increases your damage resist by 2% for each melee attack received. Stacks 5 times.
  • Guardian Fighter Encounter: Anvil of Doom. Now deals bonus damage based upon targets missing HP under 50%. This makes the encounter more useful in more situations.
  • Guardian Fighter Encounter: Bull Rush. Additional Points only increase damage but do not increase distance.
  • Guardian Fighter/Great Weapon Fighter Daily: Indomitable Strength. Animation has been redone and is similar to the revised Bull Rush as far as knock back and prone duration.
  • Guardian Fighter Encounter: Griffon's Wrath has had its CD reduced slightly. Still stacks 3 times.
  • Hunter Ranger Strong Grasping Roots will no longer work on immune targets.
  • Hunter Ranger Stromstep Action will now properly only affect encounter powers and only work with daily powers as stated on the tootip.
  • Hunter Ranger Feat: Master of Archery has had its CD reduced to 3 seconds. Still only affects encounter powers.
  • Control Wizard. Many of the Control Wizards abilities now have target caps up to 10 targets on AoE abilities.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    And again you and your 'balancing'...

>>Trickster Rogue Encounter: Lashing Blade. The in stealth benefit no longer provides 100% crit chance but a 50% reduced cooldown of the encounter.<<

That show that you have no clue about the skill. What's worser? 50% Critchance + 50% chance of second use or 100% Critchance and 0% of second use? The first one, because it can then double crit.

>>Trickster Rogue Daily: Shocking Execution. Now only receives a damage boost when used on a target under 50% HP.<<
    This skill bug out and ignore total DR and Damage immunity. THis need to be fixed!

>>Guardian Fighter Block: This Feature has been re-worked. Block is now based upon stamina meter which is not reduced by taking damage. This makes the block ability more useful in group scenarios.<<

Go Protector/Tactician if your block break to fast and slow IW and ET and Shield talent. I have no problems in group scenarios to hold up my block. Fail of yourself only? The current status of block is superior to the stamina one, especially because the stamina one only let conquerer benefit from it.

>>Guardian Fighter Tab: This ability has been reworked and labeled a "Strong Mark" in which the player must attack the guardian fighter three times to remove the mark benefits. Contrast to a "weak mark" applied by various abilities that just takes one attack to remove.<<

Make mark permanent for the duration, that fix a lot of problems with it. Then remove it from all TR and give it to Aggra. So the GWF don't have it but the GF can easily enable it.

>>Guardian Fighter Encounter: Bull Rush. Additional Points only increase damage but do not increase distance.<<

Yeah break a wonderful PvE and PVP skill its usefulness! This is only one out of one abilities GF has for good CC.

>>Guardian Fighter/Great Weapon Fighter Daily: Indomitable Strength. Animation has been redone and is similar to the revised Bull Rush as far as knock back and prone duration.<<

Second fail. It's good as it is.

Why you don't fix CWs damage abilities a bit? They have to be behind HR and GWF in damage, but the current damage with crits - especially because of their weapon damage - is a joke. Way to much for them.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Why you don't fix CWs damage abilities a bit? They have to be behind HR and GWF in damage,
    And then the durations of their control spells should be restored in PvP.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    And then the durations of their control spells should be restored in PvP.

Yeah I dont play a CW, just have friends that do. I would be fine with more CC from CWs I mean, thats their roll... Probably the hardest pvp class to play.

Wont even respond to the post above yours.
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Biased patch note by OP. Don't really see how you get the collection of the feedback.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So everyone want's more CC from CWs and less dps? Seems like it would balance out. I wouldn't mind getting my DPS nerfed so I can control much better.

And not all bosses should always be immune to CC.

chipster wrote: »
    Biased patch note by OP. Don't really see how you get the collection of the feedback.

He's obviously GF lol. These patch notes say to nerf everyone and buff GF.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    And again you and your 'balancing'...

>>Trickster Rogue Encounter: Lashing Blade. The in stealth benefit no longer provides 100% crit chance but a 50% reduced cooldown of the encounter.<<

That show that you have no clue about the skill. What's worser? 50% Critchance + 50% chance of second use or 100% Critchance and 0% of second use? The first one, because it can then double crit.

>>Trickster Rogue Daily: Shocking Execution. Now only receives a damage boost when used on a target under 50% HP.<<
    This skill bug out and ignore total DR and Damage immunity. THis need to be fixed!
    SE is currently the only daily which damage type is Necrotic. This is intended AFAIK.

>>Guardian Fighter Block: This Feature has been re-worked. Block is now based upon stamina meter which is not reduced by taking damage. This makes the block ability more useful in group scenarios.<<

Go Protector/Tactician if your block break to fast and slow IW and ET and Shield talent. I have no problems in group scenarios to hold up my block. Fail of yourself only? The current status of block is superior to the stamina one, especially because the stamina one only let conquerer benefit from it.

This is from a Pure PvP pov. Block as it stands in PvP is near useless.

>>Guardian Fighter Tab: This ability has been reworked and labeled a "Strong Mark" in which the player must attack the guardian fighter three times to remove the mark benefits. Contrast to a "weak mark" applied by various abilities that just takes one attack to remove.<<

Make mark permanent for the duration, that fix a lot of problems with it. Then remove it from all TR and give it to Aggra. So the GWF don't have it but the GF can easily enable it.

Making Mark Permenant throughout the entire duration is not a fix. That breaks the GF / GWF feat that applies a 15% damage boost whilst mark is up. And whilst that is fine for Pve. That is definitely not ok for pvp.

>>Guardian Fighter Encounter: Bull Rush. Additional Points only increase damage but do not increase distance.<<

Yeah break a wonderful PvE and PVP skill its usefulness! This is only one out of one abilities GF has for good CC.

This does not break the Pve part of the skill. And all it does is balance the PvP version. Its an extremely short cooldown ability that prones for over 1.5seconds with travel time.

>>Guardian Fighter/Great Weapon Fighter Daily: Indomitable Strength. Animation has been redone and is similar to the revised Bull Rush as far as knock back and prone duration.<<

Second fail. It's good as it is. Again, The travel time with the knockback is too long. You cannot have both and extremely high hitting ability that also provides the best possible CC time within a prone.

Why you don't fix CWs damage abilities a bit? They have to be behind HR and GWF in damage, but the current damage with crits - especially because of their weapon damage - is a joke. Way to much for them.

The problem with Cws is not their damage ability. In itself that is fine, the problem comes about with all the potential debuffing ability and synergy a correctly specced Cw can achieve via damage boost feats / passives ect for AoE damage.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    So everyone want's more CC from CWs and less dps? Seems like it would balance out. I wouldn't mind getting my DPS nerfed so I can control much better.

And not all bosses should always be immune to CC.

He's obviously GF lol. These patch notes say to nerf everyone and buff GF.

Buff GF? HE has proposed 3 Nerfs to the way GFs currently function in PvP and Pve. With Mark receiving only a slight increase.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Buff GF? HE has proposed 3 Nerfs to the way GFs currently function in PvP and Pve. With Mark receiving only a slight increase.

Which 3 nerfs are you refering to?
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why is this thread not close it's obviously a nerf others buff me thread.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And another "nerf cws buff me" topic...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I love the ignorance and flame that comes out when these surface.

For starters I have 5 lvl 60s, and actively play my GF/GWF. I sometimes play my TR. I have been playing the game since OB and have spent many many game days in PVE on all of my characters as well as pvp extensively.

The issues addressed above are the biggest issues with PvP right now. So these are geared more towards pvp while not breaking them in PVE.

If I had to call a class my "main" it would be my GWF who is completely and utterly overpowered in pvp. I can even keep up with many geared HRs/TRs in PVE as a Sentinel GWF. They are broken. The other issues that make pvp not fun are things LIKE the perma TR build, and the prone abilities of the GF. HR roots, and stormstep action as well.

None of the proposed changes significantly hurt any class in PVE while adding significant balance for PVP.

The Devs have already announced that Mod 3 is going to have pvp updates so this is geared towards the next module in the pvp area.

The only reason CWs were mentioned is again from my experience and from friends comments about the PVE DPS. Its no wonder why the "ideal" PVE group has 2 CWs. I ran VT yesterday and we had 2 HRs, the leader booted an HR just to invite ANOTHER CW to speed up the run. So why is it NOT ideal to have two of any class in PVE except CWs?

the HR was more geared but because of the PVE DPS of the CW class, its hands down the go to class, 10 targets cap I think you will find wont do alot in PVE scenarios, just even the playing field for all classes I think.

As to the nerfs to GF, the prone distance/knockback is a HUGE nerf in pvp. The block function of a GF as well as its mark is completely broken for PVP.

As xtraordinary pointed out, when you propose things like "make mark permanent" and DONT take into consideration other classes impacts on that, you fail to see the big picture. Like he mentioned, that would be an INSANE damage boost to GWFs with that feat that increases damage by 15% to marked targets.

Nothing in the notes breaks anything with PVE but addresses some KEY issues with PVP.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    As to the nerfs to GF, the prone distance/knockback is a HUGE nerf in pvp.

Are you sure you had did your homework before proposing such a radical change? DC would be the first to @#$&amp;* you in your face for proposing this so call "HUGE" nerf in pvp.
    charononus wrote: »
    Why is this thread not close it's obviously a nerf others buff me thread.

+1.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Let's not flame to hard here.

As for gwf, they are a bit op in pvp. A small beef is appropriate, they they are now good in PvE, which I like.

Gf feels a bit underpowered, but I have no aggro issues, just that that I don't do good damage without swing through singulairty. I could over stack power and do more damage but then I'd drops like a fly.

Try changes are kinda meh. They need more usefulness in PvE, but go test smoke bomb.

No changes to dc, but they are rather blah to play. I want more are debuff.

The hr roots nerd comes from someone playing gwf. Without roots gf and gwf will just eat the hr alive. Considering hr is a bit underwhelming in PvE already they would become rather uninspiring to play. N

As for cw, I would love if my spells had no target cap. Take away some damage sure, but then we could actually run 1 cw parties regularly. Right now, Draco requires two cows with control bonus unless the team is really outstanding. I don't like being forced into any composition.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    • Trickster Rogue Stealth: Using at-will powers while in stealth now slightly reduces stealth meter.
    This was already put into the game before; it crashed and burned before it even went live.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Let's not flame to hard here.

As for gwf, they are a bit op in pvp. A small beef is appropriate, they they are now good in PvE, which I like.

Gf feels a bit underpowered, but I have no aggro issues, just that that I don't do good damage without swing through singulairty. I could over stack power and do more damage but then I'd drops like a fly.

Try changes are kinda meh. They need more usefulness in PvE, but go test smoke bomb.

No changes to dc, but they are rather blah to play. I want more are debuff.

The hr roots nerd comes from someone playing gwf. Without roots gf and gwf will just eat the hr alive. Considering hr is a bit underwhelming in PvE already they would become rather uninspiring to play. N

As for cw, I would love if my spells had no target cap. Take away some damage sure, but then we could actually run 1 cw parties regularly. Right now, Draco requires two cows with control bonus unless the team is really outstanding. I don't like being forced into any composition.

These changes are forcused more on the PVP side. Especially like the TR changes, they are addressing the "peram" build which is so popular and really the only way to play a TR now. The GWF nerfs are pretty big for PVP as well, same with the GF changes.

HR roots are broken and to avoid them getting dominated by GF/GWF hence I provided the nerfs to those classes for PVP as well. If GF block is stamina based he cant hold it for a very long time giving the HR more room to attack. The prone duration loss as well helps the HR over a GF.

GWF unstppable nerf and sent aegis really drops the tankiness of the GWF class in pvp. BUt buffs the other non sent classes. So you may see more non-sents in the future.

This was already put into the game before; it crashed and burned before it even went live.

Yes I know, and its because they made it take away too much stealth. Im not talking about alot here but enough to make a small difference and a TR to think twice about spamming CoS in stleath. 1-2 daggers? Sure wont affect too much... but 6-8+? That should really suck the stealth meter dry...
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    why debuff the GWF o.0 ot the TR? this 2 class are supposed to do damage, c'mon pls stop ask for nerf on that crappy pvp >< it's even hard now to close a dungeon legal whit less then 12k GS and a party whit at last 2-3 player whit full epic set gear :/ another nerf to the class we will destroy the pve forever :(
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ayroux as always is making zero sense. Dude should just stop comparing NW to homogenized mmo's and eventually move on if he doesn't like NW. Nerf threads are against the ToS anyway regardless if you try to camouflage it with a missleading title.

The end of the story.
    Sadly the mods must like him as this thread has been reported and nothing happens to it now for days.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This thread has been looked at numerous times, by numerous mods, and we have all decided that the complaints being made, are not valid, this is not a nerf/buff thread..

That being said, since it is obvious that certain people cannot play nice, I am going to close it, because honestly, I'm sick of hearing about it.

Have a nice day y'all..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to state something for the record, as a mod notice:

Rule 3.15 is not, and never was, intended to stifle genuine feedback for any given class. Rather, it was instituted to counter a rash of "waaaah, buff my/nerf their class because I can't beat them in PVP!!!" or "this class suxorz!!" threads that usually turned into flame/L2P threads.

As always, genuine feedback is welcomed. If you have any questions, please feel free to address them directly with one of the mods rather than through the report post function. If you report a post and we have not taken action on said post (given the number of active moderators on this forum) it is safe to say that we have deemed no action is necessary at that time. Or, in rare cases, that simply no one is awake to respond to the report.

Have a magical day.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.